The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..28..33..38..43..47~48~49 [Next]
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
http://www.nbc.com/Phenomenon

If you mean my videos, just go to my website or my MySpace page (links below):
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 21:48, Dr Spektor wrote:
Arnon, if/when you hit Toronto, I'd be happy to go out for dinner with you!

Dr S

I'd be delighted to take you up on that, and I hope to find myself visiting Toronto soon.

Thanks, Doc!

Arnon

P.S. It would be great if the members of Penny would plan one big bash get-together somewhere centralized. I wonder if it's feasible... hmm... perhaps after Phenomenon's last episode.
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
The Secret Theater
421 Posts

Profile of Tone
Michigan it is!
╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
No matter what, if you are walking the line between paranormalist and a person who claims superpowers, you are inviting suspicion. I can understand playing it up on live TV (although if Criss seems bent on making a name by ripping these folks, I'd reconsider) but why make this argument on a message board full of magicians?

I'm a younger guy, I guess I have a lot to learn about audience selection, but it just seems like an odd fit.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Good idea Arnon...Everyone can come to Orlando. Flights here are very inexpensive in comparison (Miles per $$$$) Lots to do for both Families and Partiers!
I hope to be at the Halloween Show of Phenomeneon. I'll see if I can work it into my schedule. I like Hollywood!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 01:19, Tone wrote:
Michigan it is!

I'll second that.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 20:31, Slim King wrote:
Did you actually READ that article? He puts everyone under hypnosis and then askes them if they have De'Ja'Vu....Why doesn't he just ask them if they are naked or an alien looking for food. That's what the last group of hypnotised people did when asked Smile
NO ONE HAS A SOLUTION FOR Paramnesia, as it is called in English.
They've never had a definitive answer for this.
Still haven't!

You talking to me?! lol, Goodfella's imitations don't work well here.

Both to DJM and Slim, I didn't do anything but post a link to "spice things up". Neither of you should try to intimate my opinion cuz, combined, you are o for 2.

just for the record, "They've never had a definitive answer for this" is meaningless. We will all be long dead before you can be proved right but you can be proved wrong any day.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Dream on Lemniscate..It is you who can prove nothing Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Touchy much? take a chill pill, dude. I prove things every day (strike 1), never said I could prove anything about deja vu (strike 2), AND said repeatedly that I just added the link to spice things up (strike 3).

I must have written something you took the wrong way, so I apologize. I don't apologize for pointing out that your "never" statement is meaningless cuz it is. Sorry, that is just how it is. No insult, no disrespect, nothing of the kind. Chill, dude, seriously.

I've pmed you the same with some extra info that I hope will calm you down.

jeeeeeeeeeeez!

Maybe you thought I meant that there is currently enough evidence to prove you wrong. I did not mean that. I meant that it is possible that somebody can find evidence to prove you wrong every day. That is, every day it is possible that somebody can discover something to prove you wrong. That is opposed to "never", which cannot be proved (who is going to prove it? when? never, that's right, right in your comment).

I really hope it was that as a miscommunication.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Lemniscate, I think Slim is a bit joking with you... I know that I was in my previous reply to you. That's what the smilies are for. Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Chris K
OMG, I totally misunderstood...

My bad and my apologies. I just didn't want any misunderstandings cuz they can snowball. That is why I was careful to say "I apologize". I'd say it again but I said it up above, and twice so far in this post if you count the quote. I shud say it again cuz I noticed where I was a moron (more of a moron I mean). I totally apologize. Totally me reading the posts wrong. All me. It was my girl's fault! I blame the government! Global warming?! Loch ness monster? The media?... It was me, FINE, I admit it!

I obviously am not fluent in smileys, btw. The nuances between winking smilies and normal ones, for example, elude me. I thought winking ones were for jokes and such but... yeah, sharing too much, lol. Smile

Eh, I'll just shut up now.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:

Otherwise, In Criss Angel's own words,
"But the minute somebody crosses the line... and says this is something beyond a trick... this is supernatural...uh, I’m just gonna bust them, right on live television...which I think is going to create an explosive show."

(From Mission Impossible) Good luck, Jim. Smile

Arnon

In order to expose him, Criss must first figure out the method(s) being used. I for one, don't think he will be able to. In such cases, I see a call to the Amuzing Randi in his future.

Chad
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
First to expose him, Jim has to give him a reason to go that route...

Also, it could be that Jim was chosen because he will create an interesting challenge... if all the rest are clearly using "theatre"... well, where is the tension... it could be Jim was chosen to make some dramatic moments for the show on the metalevel...

It will be very interesting!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Jim is going to astound.
Then politely hide his smile.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It's alright Lemniscate. We ain't mad at 'cha.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 1:00pm
Quote:

On 2007-10-15 21:02, Dr Spektor wrote:
Jim's (or J ack's)

Dr S

Doc, have you noticed, he changed all the names to "Jim" since the casting. I guess you can call him "Jim" now.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20295 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 12:17, Dr Spektor wrote:
First to expose him, Jim has to give him a reason to go that route...

Also, it could be that Jim was chosen because he will create an interesting challenge... if all the rest are clearly using "theatre"... well, where is the tension... it could be Jim was chosen to make some dramatic moments for the show on the metalevel...

It will be very interesting!

Actually Jim's entire position on it is a reason LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I've called Jim "Jim" for ages... sometimes I call him JJ, sometimes I call him Jim J ack.... but I doesn't have to call him Johnson.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I always call him Steve.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Within weeks he will be known only as Jimnomenon.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17524 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Have there been changes in the contestant or Judge lineup? The VooDoo dolls want to know?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..28..33..38..43..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL