The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..30..34..38..42..46..47~48~49 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
John is still working on the show but Marla has moved on to something else Smile
They are both cool people.!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I should take her place on the show. But I don't know if they are presently hiring.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The casting is over basically Mike. The show airs in less than a week. She was the Senior Casting Producer...I'm not sure they'll need one again until there's a new season. Smile She and John are both pretty photogenic but I'm not sure if you'll see them on the show?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you buddy.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Mike, you deserve your own magic show. Not all that weird competition stuff.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks DJM, I appreciate that. Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
I didn't audition with a "run-of-the-mill" commercially marketed "Smash & Stab," so had I made it to the finals, no one would have been able to Google my effect. However, I have seen the exact model of Jim Karol's "smash & stab" for sale, which was invented by someone other than he.

Nevertheless, I believe that Roei is correct - they want "personalities" as Marla had termed it to me. Little did I know that "characters" was probably more like it. Smile

Arnon
(With a touch of sour grapes)
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
When watching the clips, did anyone else have flashbacks of There's Something About Mary when Bavli was on screen?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I think that the big Phenomenon winners will be the Internet Magic Suppliers and NBC of course. When something that is marketed by XXXXXMagic is seen on NBC what's to keep them from saying..."As seen on TV!"
in their next marketing ads?
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Just a touch, huh, arnon? lol. I would think it was obvious from the very first second that they wanted "Characters", how could it be any other way?

I think your approach was correct, to a point. Yeah, they couldn't have just googled it, but I tend to think the ease of internet searches and places like this would make things a little too easy for anybody to truly believe that anything they perform will remain a secret to anybody who REALLY wants to know. Just my opinion, of course and how else could you handle it but the way you mentioned, you know?

Now, I'll add one more big winner to your list, Slim. The Magic Café. I am sure they won't share but I would expect a HUGE spike in traffic following the shows. More hits = more money they can charge advertisers, and we already discussed how the magic suppliers and NBC win.

In the end, what is more important to me is how "magic" (cuz that is how people are going to see it) and our friends who compete do.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
One of the magic stores in Tel Aviv got an article about the Successor and the fact THEY SELL special blindfolds and a spoon bending course. They had big line of costumers for few weeks....
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Really? I must be a total cynic. I think you could offer free money at a store in the US but everybody would forget about it in a couple days, lol!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I think that the MagicMarts will sell a lot of stuff but I'm not sure this will help with the AMAZEMENT factor for Mentalism.....It will turn it into "Just Another Card Trick".....Anyone with $50 can do it. Don't you think? Smile
Will there be a big advertising push this week? I'd like to see Jim Callahans spooky image on the screen.
I hear WALMART is going to run a special on mentalism products Smile
What's to stop them?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
CAPTAIN FLAMINGO... that is who
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
This is why we need to strive for more creative/unique presentations. We need to step it up!

Many know the Invisible Deck, but when I do it, it gets by most.

On rare occasion a clever guy will say,

"oh you can do that with the Invisible Deck"

And I'll say "sure, if you're into mimicking the feat, but I don't use trick decks...."
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2078 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2007-10-21 11:32, ALEXANDRE wrote:

On rare occasion a clever guy will say,

"oh you can do that with the Invisible Deck"

And I'll say "sure, if you're into mimicking the feat, but I don't use trick decks...."

With all due respect, this has happened to me, as well, and when it does, I feel it's the equivalent of getting busted. You are right- when used correctly, it can completely go by unnoticed, EVEN to those familiar with the deck.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Busted? I don't see it as such. People will sometimes guess a method and be right. I will never admit. I am never busted!!! And they are never able to prove they are right for I leave no evidence!
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2078 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I agree, Alexandre. I will never admit, either. Let them think what they want- I'll go into something else they cannot explain. As far as the I.D. itself, when employed as a small part of a much larger routine, it should go by unnoticed, fooling even those who own one themselves.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Tony has been exceptionally busy for the last little while and absent from this forum for much of the past week or so. I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't playing Shipi to Jack's Uri.

- entity
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Hey, guys, it's slightly off topic, but I just wanted to quickly drop in to let you know that I am a moderator over on NBC's Phenomenon Message Board. If you see anything over there that doesn't explicitly go against the forum rules (Like exposure), let me know via PM on NBC and I'll do my best to take care of it.

My username over there is ComedyWriter, though I'm easily identifiable because I sign all of my messages the same way as I do here.

-Nick
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..30..34..38..42..46..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL