We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15..23..31..39..47~48~49 [Next]
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
The Secret Theater
422 Posts

Profile of Tone
DJM -

Were any of the participants that made it to the finals in the show Phenomenon also participants in the Israeli show?

Slim -

I still think Roei was referring to the fact that some promo clips used in the Phenomenon teaser were from the Israeli show.
╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:

Why were they on the show is Israel? Just using your logic...

Tony, what are you saying?

In all the reality shows here we usually get people who were born in Russia (in fact many Russians can be seen on the same show), Ethiopia, America, Asia or anywhere else. And they are Israeli citizens.

Why is it such a big deal for you where the people were born? You were talking about georgraphy earlier, but I think you mean ethnics.

Tone, Segev was the only one in the Israeli show, but he's also a US citizen. I explained it in the previous pages.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 22:24, DJM wrote:
Quote:

Why were they on the show is Israel? Just using your logic...

Tony, what are you saying?

In all the reality shows here we usually get people who were born in Russia (in fact many Russians can be seen on the same show), Ethiopia, America, Asia or anywhere else. And they are Israeli citizens.

Why is it such a big deal for you where the people were born? You were talking about georgraphy earlier, but I think you mean ethnics.

What I'm saying is, if they compete in one country as a citizen, representing the best of that country, how can they compete in another as the best of that country?

If they compete in Israel as Israeli citizens, how can they also compete as US citizens?

And no, I said and meant geography. I’m the last person you want to infer anything concerning ethnic-anything about unless it is diversity.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Tone...Roei said this
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 3:04pm
I will not be in the American show.
BTW, four out of the 10 competitors are originally from Israel.
Mentalist |Corporate Entertainer |MARS 2007 Seminar

Seems to say that four of the Phenomenon contestants are originally from Israel.

My qestion was this
"Did these contestants audition for the SUCCESSOR show in Isreal?" If so, were any of them good enough to make that show? That's all I'm asking.

That's all I'm asking?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
The Secret Theater
422 Posts

Profile of Tone
I guess I'll admit that I, too, am now a bit confused...
╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏͋͏╪ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:

What I'm saying is, if they compete in one country as a citizen, representing the best of that country, how can they compete in another as the best of that country?

If they compete in Israel as Israeli citizens, how can they also compete as US citizens?

And no, I said and meant geography. I’m the last person you want to infer anything concerning ethnic-anything about unless it is diversity.

I believe the exact same way a foreign basketball player in the NBA can both represent the US and a few months later do the same for his home country in the Olympics or any other International competition. Not much different.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Israel is like the NBA?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Working in one county (as in the NBA) and representing his home country in the Olympics makes sense. But representing both countries as an Olympic participant does not.

BIG DIFFERENCE (caps to make it big, not yell)

Here is a different question, is NBC so hard up for contestants that they have to draft losers from the original show to complete it's cast? Or is this what was meant when we were told that Uri would bring some people to the show and that letting they in is the payoff to Uri?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
...oh oh... I detect a pie tossing contest brewing....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Sorry, I gave up pie for a while.

BTW, I was not inferring in any way, shape, or form that anyone selected for the show is not talented. But we all know there are many things that go into picking a cast.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Tony, Segev has had an Off-Broadway show in NY in the last few years, and some other plays... I think that's pretty good to get him on the show.

I'm sure you know that Mesika is a great mentalist who has contributed a lot to the art.

It seems to me like they are more than just some people that the producers did a favor to get on the show.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Yes, and Angela Funovits is a top notch mentalist too.
There are many things that go into picking a cast.

Segev had his shot when he competed in Isreal. My opinion.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Segev did a great job all through the episodes, and was very close to win in the finals.

Can't wait to see him again on the new show.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 22:46, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Working in one county (as in the NBA) and representing his home country in the Olympics makes sense. But representing both countries as an Olympic participant does not.

BIG DIFFERENCE (caps to make it big, not yell)

Here is a different question, is NBC so hard up for contestants that they have to draft losers from the original show to complete it's cast? Or is this what was meant when we were told that Uri would bring some people to the show and that letting they in is the payoff to Uri?

Since when is Phenomenon the Olympics?

It’s not even “American Mentalist” or “America’s Top Mentalist”

Of course, as far as I am aware, the idol and model shows do not require a contestant to be born in America…and those shows have “America” in the title.

There seems to be an implication that, because Segev was on the other show or was born in Israel, that he got a free pass…and did not have to worry about competing like every other contestant..that “REAL” Americans with better skills were turned down in his stead

That’s a pretty strong allegation. Do you have any proof to back it up?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There are about 300 Million US citizens in the US. About 5 Million are of Israeli decent (Please correct me if I'm wrong on semantics here)......(Or the mathematics Smile )
That's about 2% at the most.
There are 10 contestants in the American version of the show.
What is the statistical probability of four Israeli's on the same show?
Just a Mathematical question.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Elliott, not only that. I get the impression from Tony that he thinks also the other Israelis on the new show got a free pass, just because of where they were born.

Quote:
On 2007-10-02 21:34, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
The search for America's top mentalist has to take in all of the USA and its territories. Perhaps the staff at NBC do not know geography.

But come on, how many did not see this coming?

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 11:21pm
And now Slim confirmed that this is what he himself thinks.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

It was not my allusion, criticize DJM for it if you don't like it, it's his.

Nope, you are right, America's Top Mentalist does not really mean America's, or even America, it does not mean Top, or anywhere near the best (as most refused the show), Mentalist is not really meant, because they are not all mentalists.

Thank's for putting it into perspective. Smile

No allegation was made. I asked a fairly direct question.

Here is another, if the show ends up in the UK next year, how many people will discover their Irish roots and compete there?

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 11:28pm
Quote:

On 2007-10-02 23:18, DJM wrote:
Elliott, not only that. I get the impression from Tony that he thinks also the other Israelis on the new show got a free pass, just because of where they were born.

Quote:

On 2007-10-02 21:34, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
The search for America's top mentalist has to take in all of the USA and its territories. Perhaps the staff at NBC do not know geography.

But come on, how many did not see this coming?

I was told directly by a casting director that Uri Geller was bringing people to the show. They were not competing with the rest through the initial audition and evaluation phases.

But hey, that's show biz!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17684 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I am only asking questions. Do you fear to answer them? I met Segev. Have you? He impressed the execs to no end. He's a great guy. I don't have a bad thing to say about him. I also met several of the other contestants...all great fellows. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet all the guys from the UK. I'd love to have met Looch and the rest. They weren't there. Tom Baxter would have been cool too. Plenty of Canadians I would like to have met! I would have enjoyed meeting some Germans and South African mentalists...I hear they are fantastic!
I think the general idea was that everyone would eventually get their own shot. That's what most of us thought.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:

I was told directly by a casting director that Uri Geller was bringing people to the show. They were not competing with the rest through the initial audition and evaluation phases.

What makes you assume it was Ehud? Is it that they are both Israeli's?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Where did I say I did? What I said about him DIRECTLY was that he had his shot. FACT, he competed in Israel and did not win as Israel's top mentalist. Now he is competing as America's top mentalist.

My opinion, he had his shot.

Just because Uri said he was going to bring people, and Ehud impressed Uri during his appearence in the previous version of this show does not mean that Uri brought him.

Also on a personal note, I've seen the Mentalizer show and enjoyed it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15..23..31..39..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL