The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..45~46~47~48~49 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
DJM is correct!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:41, DJM wrote:

He never claimed that he has supernatural powers, not sure which show you were watching.


He did on the show I watched.


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Slim you are agreeing with me? Now that's supernatural. Smile
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:41, DJM wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:28, HollyMental wrote:
Ehud Segev
He was really relaxed and I thought he did a pretty good routine. I don’t think Criss would have busted him were it not for his claiming to have real supernatural powers.


He never claimed that he has supernatural powers, not sure which show you were watching.


hollymental was watching something else and that explain why he disagree with most [if not all] of the above posts.and why he found the show great and mr.mccambridge to be the best
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
He did on the show I watched.

Holly


So maybe you watched a different show than what they had on NBC.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Ehud in his performance did not claim any supernatural powers

Busting someone with exposure sucks

Agree with you re: Karol's treatment of an audience member - that tanked it for me...

Criss is the Second Coming of Mother Teresia? Nah

If you also add up the number of mindfreak show is the greatest, the # of hours spent, the I've done that before, raise the bar comments, and the terms "I performed the ultimate..." "I did more hours of TV than anyone before.." etc. you can see a pattern.

Was he the antichrist? Nah

But I wouldn't invite him out for dinner - that is just my opinion!

As for GM - I also agree he shouldn't have said he is THE mentalist - great way to alienate people. However, I was really disppointed with him as his was the one act that had no context or point... the other three DID... premise, story, etc. He did a classic mentalism effect and it was interesting to do the visual of the people holding the #'s for the sake of TV / platform... but...c'mon...yawn... especially after going after the penultimate (;)) roulette routine... I suppose since he has so much experience etc. I was surprised he chose that routine out of the ton of mentalist effects out there...

But, I am but a spectre.

I will say that the TV ratings and withdrawal of sponsorships etc. means it just ain't the greenies on the Café... the muggles found something terrible about the show..
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I think that Banachek had thementalist.com before GM....Making HIM ....THE MENTALIST...in the first place Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Holly could be thinking that the death of Ehud's brother and its impact on him emotionally = claiming everything he does is due to his brother's presence via spirits - however, Ehud never actually said that at all -in fact he more played the "I don't know why or how this works" and left it at that and went with the universal connection shtick.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I am THE walrus.... I am THE eggman...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:53, Slim King wrote:
I think that Banachek had thementalist.com before GM....Making HIM ....THE MENTALIST...in the first place Smile


GELLER is the ONLY ONE who could rightfully use THE Mentalist
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
After reading every post in this thread and carefully considering everyones comments, I am still pulling for Paris Hilton to win it all.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
http://www.myspace.com/thementalists

Yes...THE MentalistS... they outnumber GM
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4283 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I hope kelly clarkson wins.

*faint seductive whisper* Phenomenon *
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Dr. Spektor, Ehud didn't mention any spirits.. I believe what he meant is that everything he does is dedicated to his brother, and that he always thinks about him. Something that he says a lot in interviews and such.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Exactly, DJM - exactly - I agree with you - what I am saying is I wonder if Holly misinterpreted that...he never said spirits - my statement was more about maybe that is what she might have thought... as it was worded in a way to leave that to the imagination i.e. his premise was a good one and a human emotion evoking one which does not claim supernatural powers... but those who think dead relatives in tragic ways connected to having a dream PROVES ghosts can make of that what they will...

I thought Ehud got robbed, big time.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Quote:


And your attacks on me are pretty unfair when I was simply trying to point out that some of you on here who are obviously bias against Criss Angel seem to make overblown assumptions and ridiculous claims; everything from what you think he would say to how he can't perform without camera tricks, it's all just really immature and smacks of jealously.




Personally,,, I think youve watched to many CA tv shows... and even worse, have been fooled most of the time. Otherwise, you couldn't possibly say our claims are rediculous overblown assumptions. You list the routines he has performed without the aid of video, stooges or setup audiences and Ill tell you where you are wrong based on fact and not assumption.

Keep the debate going and get educated!
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Not sure about people answer to osterlind .. I know he would easily play up to 30 minutes with one hand tied to his back and with his eyes closed [but with his magical blindfold on his face] not sure however that geller cannot do the same. geller is one great showman. do remember please that he hold many trainings and lectures for important associations and factories of the world mixing motiviational mumbo jumbo with his own unique style with a blend of demoing his powers criss angel sure would bite the dust and would start weeping like a baby
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:11, Dr Spektor wrote:
Exactly, DJM - exactly - I agree with you - what I am saying is I wonder if Holly misinterpreted that...he never said spirits - my statement was more about maybe that is what she might have thought... as it was worded in a way to leave that to the imagination i.e. his premise was a good one and a human emotion evoking one which does not claim supernatural powers... but those who think dead relatives in tragic ways connected to having a dream PROVES ghosts can make of that what they will...

I thought Ehud got robbed, big time.



Sorry, I misread your post.

I'll just add that Ehud always admits he doesn't have any powers, even says so on his website. So he should be the last person that Criss needs to "expose."
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
what I am saying is I wonder if Holly misinterpreted that...he never said spirits - my statement was more about maybe that is what she might have thought...


when one only own a hammer anything he look at will seem a nail to him
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA - Portland, OR
137 Posts

Profile of Vanian
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:41, DJM wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:28, HollyMental wrote:
Ehud Segev
He was really relaxed and I thought he did a pretty good routine. I don’t think Criss would have busted him were it not for his claiming to have real supernatural powers. He made the claim; Criss said he would bust anyone who made the claim; so Ehud knew what he was walking into in that regard. But I thought he did a good job.


He never claimed that he has supernatural powers, not sure which show you were watching.


Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:47, Mariagi wrote:

hollymental was watching something else and that explain why he disagree with most [if not all] of the above posts.and why he found the show great and mr.mccambridge to be the best


See, this was the point I was trying to make about people's bias here. He DID at least imply that he had supernatural powers in his video bio before his performance by saying (exact quote):

Quote:
On 2007-10-24 20:08, Ehud Segev
"Ever since I was a very young boy I was always so intrigued by the supernatural; The strongest power we have, maybe that's the sixth sense, the hidden sixth sense. When I was 17 years old I woke up in the middle of the night crying. I had a dream that my brother was killed and 10 years later, we get this knock on the door and there were two guys standing in that door and they said 'you brother was killed'.

Everything that happens in my life, since the moment he went away, is controlled by him. Everywhere I go, I have my brother with me now."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..45~46~47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL