The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..21..28..35..42..47~48~49 [Next]
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
It would be funny if after all of this, Ehud turned out not to be on the show after all Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Perhaps you could take up a collection for a small wager, and I bet Roei and I would cover the amount Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
I double the pot!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I just asked my Magic 8 Ball, he is on the show.

As for posts and messages, didn't you guys ever study theater?
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Man, I better start scraping my money together. My winnings will fit nicely next to the car I buy from backing the Phillies to win the World Series!
qichi
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
123 Posts

Profile of qichi
Wow, just saw a commercial for this smack dab in the middle of nbc's sunday night football coverage. that's incredibly hi profile.
"There is no art: things are made for use." Antonin Artaud
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Wait till ya see whats comming.

j acK

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to say, the comercial, REALLY was not only high profile, but aside from Criss, really made me want to watch it!

It for the first time swings the pendulum to a good direction as far as I am concerned. If the show and the production values and the hype live up, I have a napkin around my neck to eat my words! (Which believe it or not I will gladly do!)

Good luck to all who are involved by the way!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-10-07 20:21, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Wait till ya see whats comming.

j acK

H.O.A-X

Wow - looks like Jim/J ack is not himself - he can't even spell his own name, or... is it a new incarnation or discarnate entity?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Arnon...It's a Forum, not a legal document...but perhaps you don't know the difference?
You go a long way to be Nit Picky Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Kill da wabbit...

:bunny:
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
What a lovely analogy Mister I. Smile
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
...someone will be using the Magic Helmet.... Smile

"LEOPOLD!" (Yes, I know, another episode - but thematically I felt needed to be uttered)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
Jim, are the phenomenon contestants going to pick the Sunday Night Football games for NBC? That's something I could put my money behind!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I heard that callers would be encouraged to expose the methods behind the mentalism effects.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Where have you heard that?
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Edh, not likely.
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
No matter what the network and producers tell everyone, a show like this will definitely have some exposure. After all, the Israeli version had quite a bit of exposure even if you don't include the bit where Uri Gellar put the magnet on his finger.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Posted on Reality TV World:

"In addition to its two-hour Halloween broadcast on Wednesday, October 31, NBC will broadcast each of Phenomenon's one-hour episodes live and also implores home viewers to try and debunk the contestants' tricks.

"We hope viewers will watch with their friends and talk about and debate what they see, making this a truly interactive television experience," added Plestis."

- entity
Papa David
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Papa David
NBC will not likely destroy any opportunity for additional seasons... so I strongly suspect exposure will not be a major problem at all.

All you are looking for here is someone who can tell a good story with conviction and then manage to entertain us while feigning abilities.

If Mr. Callahan is indeed a participant then toss the "feigning abilities" aside.
It has been noticed that when ultimately pressed, Mr. Callahan has indeed managed to demonstrate the unexplainable even to himself. He more than likely worries to reveal that. Tricks or truth is his likely concern.

Exposure is no worry. The art of Mentalism has evolved well beyond the techniques that many fear will be exposed. The general public has no use for the office supply store secrets. They cannot nor desire to retain those mundane details even if exposed weekly. They care not. They want only to be entertained.

As for the other true secrets? Those are always well hidden...hidden in the same box that hides the secrets to great theatre, poetry, music, film and all the other arts. Yet it is a tiny box. Must be magic to hold at all Smile

Popcorn might be appropriate for watching this show and I'll pop some into your mind.
On October 24 during daylight hours you WILL remember to be certain to have popcorn on hand for when you watch the broadcast. Those of you not fond of popcorn will merely string it for Phenomenon decorations.
Done.

I'll just step back to the corner and continue to listen while popping corn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..21..28..35..42..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL