The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..27..32..37..42..47~48~49 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Danny...Ever have De'Ja Vu ?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
After all, the whole purpose of the challenge is looking for people who claim to have supernatural abbilities.

Wow. I always thought the purpose of the "challenge" was to generate publicity. At least that is how I've always seen it used. And in that context it seems a perfect fit on Jim's site.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:

Wow. I always thought the purpose of the "challenge" was to generate publicity. At least that is how I've always seen it used.

Don't feel bad about it, everyone is mistaken sometimes.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You'd know Smile
:cheers: Smile Smilearty:
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2446 Posts

Profile of Chris K
And the argument goes round and round. I can't believe anybody is not tired of it.

It's like the teacher from charlie brown, no matter what everybody says, all I hear is:

blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah
blah blah

Here is the translation, with some stuff added by me to spice it up...
"everybody experiences the paranormal"
"then isn't that just the normal"
"everybody is mistaken sometimes"
"publicity...challenge...randi...artichoke"
"what about deja vu?"
"uh, normal too, look at http://discovermagazine.com/2005/sep/psychology-of-deja-vu/ "

Good luck to everybody on the show. Personally, I am rooting for Jim but, above all else, I just hope that it is fun to be in and to watch.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 19:34, Lemniscate wrote:

"uh, normal too, look at http://discovermagazine.com/2005/sep/psychology-of-deja-vu/ "

Thanks for the help. Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2446 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Blah blah blah

just kidding, no need for thanks. the article doesn't really mean much of anything relative to the first 12 pages of the thread, but I just read it so I threw it in!
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
What I do is real.

I'm really there when I'm doing it, with real people, using real items (when needed) and I'm really doing what I'm doing in the same real air we all breathe.

Want to challenge me on that?

Having said that, here's MY challenge for Randi:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=15&109

You cannot prove that what you saw was not real, yet I can prove it was, and any scientist will tell you that it was ... I was there and that pen really fell, three times!

Join me on the Phenomenon forum ... it's fun.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 19:47, ALEXANDRE wrote:
What I do is real.

I'm really there when I'm doing it, with real people, using real items (when needed) and I'm really doing what I'm doing in the same real air we all breathe.

Want to challenge me on that?

Koran would be proud... and it makes perfect sense that both of you, Alexandré and Jim/J ack, would utilize a mentalist's stratagem, d*********k, to simultaneously remain "accurate" yet intend something substantially different from the more accepted meaning of your words.

Are your words "inscribed" or "engraved" in my memory now?
:lol:
Arnon
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Did you actually READ that article? He puts everyone under hypnosis and then askes them if they have De'Ja'Vu....Why doesn't he just ask them if they are naked or an alien looking for food. That's what the last group of hypnotised people did when asked Smile
NO ONE HAS A SOLUTION FOR Paramnesia, as it is called in English.
They've never had a definitive answer for this.
Still haven't!
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Alexandré and Jim/J ack:

You want to prevent or exercise damage control should there be "exposure" on the Phenomenon forum at the NBC website.

Have you considered that by representing what you do as being "real," you are inviting exposure?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
...the Arch Deacon of deception plays an arpeggio on the doomsday artery...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Alexandre - what happened? You seem to have become a version of Jim... well, I suppose you do realize he does have a great role model!

DJM - as I explained on many a threads... if you really look at Jim's webpage, his posts, etc. he has never claimed to have supernatural powers - he has also never claimed to not have them... he has stated what he does... e.g. for example, he talks to dead people... I can talk to dead people too... however, they do not talk back to me Smile...seriously, Jim has not been attacked and destroyed by debunkers as he is bulletproof based on how he has constructed his frame... he is a very interesting case example of disclaimers and claimers.

Arnon - it appers only Alexandre is doing things to prevent exposure by doing some active things on the website - it appears to me Jim is not doing anything to such an extent and is sticking to his usual motif which has served him well. The one difference between Jim's (or J ack's) claims of what is real versus Alexandres is that Jim is actually claiming a lot less in terms of what he is actually doing.. just that it is real... Alexandre, as per his posts and videos, is claiming a lot more.

Ciao

Dr S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 12:50, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-14 15:07, burst wrote:
Check out the "Behind the Scenes" clip and listen to what Criss says.
I wonder how him and Jim will get along.

/paul.f

Yes and you are not the only one.

-Jim

PS. All the Dead Boys send their best wishes.

Quote:
On 2007-10-15 13:35, DJM wrote:
Jim, you just need to show him proof that you have paranormal powers, and then he would not cause you any problems.. Simple as that. Smile

Jim/J ack:

The alternative is, of course, to quit your d*********k.

Otherwise, In Criss Angel's own words,
"But the minute somebody crosses the line... and says this is something beyond a trick... this is supernatural...uh, I’m just gonna bust them, right on live television...which I think is going to create an explosive show."

(From Mission Impossible) Good luck, Jim. Smile

Arnon

P.S. Dr. Spektor seems to think that your position is bullet-proofed. What if Criss Angel uses a silver bullet (or a silver bullet lite - hehe)?

P.P.S. Ever since your dinner invitation and my PM to you of my cell phone number, I have not heard from you. What's up?
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I say there should be a showdown between Criss and Jim.. one will debunk the paranormal, one will debunk camera tricks.

High ratings for sure! Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Amen
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I am nothing but a version of myself.

If people choose to believe the over the top, tongue in cheek performances I have been posting on video, I'm sorry, but that's as far a disclaimer as I am willing to give concerning my abilities.

No, wait, perhaps I will start adding an additional disclaimer at the end of my performances:

DO SOME RESEARCH!

I agree with Arnon that I might be inciting something on the Phenomenon board. Maybe I will reconsider my strategy. I will certainly give it some thought, though I plan to throw people off of their paths when they attempt to reveal certain things.

I'm just having some fun with the "real" thing, and I have to admit I'm enjoying it a lot! If I only had the courage to share some of the PMs I have received.... Check out the comments on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOypxsui4vs

People need to relax a little. I find it very entertaining, and these are the comments I didn't delete due to intense profanity and actual exposure. Oh, man....

Dr. Spektor, I may be wrong, but I haven't claimed that much that I haven't been able to prove. Everything else, like the mention of "orbs" is just fun.

Also, I hadn't read that Criss Angel quote Arnon put up. It may just be showmanship to stir things up a bit, a little contreversy to get more people talking about the show. Afterall, on the Phenomenon forum there are pictures of Criss and Uri hugging and everything.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi Alexandre,

As mentioned, I look forward to your vids!

Arnon, if/when you hit Toronto, I'd be happy to go out for dinner with you!

Dr S
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
ALEXANDRE- You have stated many times before that what you say is tongue and cheek. I don't think it is neccesary for you to keep doing it. It seems that some have forgotten the lost art of showmanship and presentation. Maybe they forgot the lost art of having fun. On your next demo you should state that what you are doing is fake and a lie and don't say another word. That would be a great performance! Make sure you post that it was all lies though. I guess some of us get it and others do not. Just my opinion.
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Well it has been a long long time since I have been on the Café. Can someone post the videos for this thing? Interviews etc?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..27..32..37..42..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL