The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..29..34..39..44..47~48~49 [Next]
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I will be dissapointed if Criss has run away.

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Not that I heard of, and I don't think Criss is leaving the show......come on!

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 7:51pm
Jim,
Why do you use the name J ack as well as Jim? Why do you use a spacebreak after the 'J'?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Isn't it obvious?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
I got a PM about that. I wouldn't have asked if I new for sure...

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 6:01am
Here is an article I made about the 'Successor' at iTricks.com.

http://itricks.com/news/?p=2269

Enjoy!
dahliapelled
View Profile
New user
Israel
1 Post

Profile of dahliapelled
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 21:33, Tone wrote:
It certainly seems that Israel produces quite a lot of great mentalists!

Yes, definately so. mentalism is very strong in Israel. Israeli's are also great mental creators.
Dahlia Pelled, Magic and Mentalism artist

Honarary President, Israeli Society of Magicians
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Dahlia, welcome to the Magic Café!

Folks, Just to let you know that Dahlia has real photos of herself doing the 'crazy man's hadcuffs' trick to: Bill Clinton, Rudolph Giuliani , Benjamin Netanyahu, Bill Gates and many more...
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2446 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 08:09, dahliapelled wrote:
Yes, definately so. mentalism is very strong in Israel. Israeli's are also great mental creators.

Everything I have seen and experienced supports that, esp. considering the ratio to overall population. Maybe I should move there...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Israel had to develop these skills - when you are surrounded by the forces they are.. it makes sense developing the appearance of masterty of the mind, magic and other forces is natural!

Eretz Israel, I look forward to going again... last time I went was right after the Gulf war and things were very peaceful for a time. The ancient structures, the amazing amount of religious centres of power, (the excellent food), the natural beauty (like mountains to the lowest point of the Dead Sea in hours)... Masada... Eilat.... if one doesn't get filled with tons of creative energy being in the land that has so much history, culture, political issues, geography, fauna and flora (oh... one mystic moment I had was one Masada where for a span of five minutes, no tourists, no nothing...most people had left... then suddenly a yael walked around a corner and looked at me from about a foot a way and I swear it smiled)...

I had enough inspiration of bizarre magic and mentalism angles that still are bouncing around my head.

Of course, depending who you are, almost anywhere on Earth can be inspirational (including the Antartic)...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
You forgot to mention the hot chicks here. Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2446 Posts

Profile of Chris K
lol@DJM, now you are REALLY talking my language, no misunderstandings here!

That's it, I off to visit ASAP, esp. since I have never been there. Heck, while I'm there, I'll have to visit Lior and pick up... um, everything of his that I don't have (Big Trivia and the new DVD).
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
... sheesh, DJM... but you are correct. In good shape too for all the military training... and no pushovers that is for sure. Plus, you have a large amount of Russian Jewish beauties (i.e. Mila Jajovich types) now there too.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Mmmmm... But have you seen that episode of WEEDS where the Israeli girl.... Oh Never mind... Smile
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Dr Spektor & Lemniscate, here is an offer:
Why don't you DO visit Israel and the end of November and come to MARS 2007 (Magic At the Red Sea) convention. There will be three lectures about mentalism by myself, Shimon Nahmani (also was at the 'successor') and Itai Asher-Meir (really inovative guy).

These three lectures hold original material. Also arriving: Harry Allen, Joshua Jay, Aaron Fisher, Sandi Masuri and David Kaye (all Jewish - by chance)

So, you will enjoy visiting the Promised Land as well attending a really good convention.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 08:09, dahliapelled wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 21:33, Tone wrote:
It certainly seems that Israel produces quite a lot of great mentalists!

Quote:
On 2007-10-17 11:21, Dr Spektor wrote:
Israel had to develop these skills - when you are surrounded by the forces they are.. it makes sense developing the appearance of masterty of the mind, magic and other forces is natural!

First, Ms. Pelled, baruch ha'bah! Welcome to this forum, where there is as much camaraderie as vigorous debate. Smile

Second, I think that Israel has had to go and does go beyond the "appearance" of mastery, to "actual" mastery in order to survive and thrive, as it has!

That is the motto for the very creation of the State of Israel: "Im tirtsu, eyn zo agadah" - "If you will it, it is no legend" - the very essence of magic.

So mote it be, and ESPecially yours, Im yirtze ha'shem,
Arnon
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 12:06, Virungan wrote:
Mmmmm... But have you seen that episode of WEEDS where the Israeli girl.... Oh Never mind... Smile

Oh yes, Yael Hoffman. Smile
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Ms. Pelled:

Because of your fortuitous appearance on our forum, I found and read the article at http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?Sto......46-2298r

According to the article about "The Successor" show in Israel:

"In an interview, Geller insisted that the prime-time show does not involve sleight of hand - and that the participants do actually have supernatural powers capable of performing marvels."

However, the NBC incarnation called "The Phenomenon" has Criss Angel, Uri Geller's co-host, warning that if any performer claims supernatural powers, he will bust them on live television.

How do you predict that Angel and Geller will interact on this issue, and will there be an explosive event of exposure on live TV?
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Arnon, the people who expose magic (i.e. masked magicians) are frustrated magicians who didn't make it to the TV show and need their five minutes of glory at any cost.

The production of the show might make it controversy to gain more debate, interest, ratings and...$ $ $
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Roei:

I'm not talking about other magicians - I'm talking about the co-host, Criss Angel himself, as he has promised the viewers in his own words!

Arnon
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 13:28, Roei wrote:
Arnon, the people who expose magic (i.e. masked magicians) are frustrated magicians who didn't make it to the TV show and need their five minutes of glory at any cost.

The production of the show might make it controversy to gain more debate, interest, ratings and...$ $ $

I agree 100% on all accounts.... Most exposers are low rate hacks in any venue and not just magic, mentalism...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2446 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Scott Cram told me a story when I asked him about the Masked Magician series years ago (he was still in Pleasant Hill at Cal Magic).

He told a story about an old building that was torn down to make way for a Target. They tore the old building down in a day but it was months and months and months before the Target was built.

The moral: It is much easier to tear something down than to build it up.

I always remember that story when I am tempted to take the easy way on anything. Sometimes the easy way is fine and sometimes it isn't. Exposure is the easy way for people who can't (or are too lazy) perform to make an impact.

I also always ask myself if I am tearing something down or building something up. Thanks for the thoughts, Scott!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..29..34..39..44..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL