We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..36..39..42..45..47~48~49 [Next]
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Go Jim. The Parson is pulling for you.
Lots of Psi power going your way.

My opinion of Criss and Uri did not change.

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Bob

Much truth there!

I was hoping Jim would put the bear trap where it would fit. But he has too much class. At least 2 of the performers tonight are much better than Angel, and they are all much more creative.

At least none of them yelled, "MindFreak" when they finished.

Tony
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Didn't Gerry appear on NBC a few years ago with his own show?

Criss is there just to attract his mindfreak audience. Got to be about ratings with Fox thingy.

Some good thoughts here that never occurred to me. I have only been on local TV with 5 minute segments and no live audience so I would be way out of my element on anything like this type of reality series. Material and routine would keep me awake for many nights.

I was surprised they showed the Uri/Johnny Carson piece (the salt shakers) during his mini bio.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
You search Phenomenon NBC on google and you get a magic shop right on top.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Tony Eye,
I rarely disagree with you. BUT, you are being generous with your statement, "at least two."
Every d****d one of them is better at what they do than Angel.
They even did it without camera tricks.

Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 22:49, ALEXANDRE wrote:
You search Phenomenon NBC on google and you get a magic shop right on top.

LOL, I needed that:)
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
A much better scenario for this show is to pit 4-5 mentalists top. In a 2 hour show down, where each get about 20 of performance time. Then, after all have done their thing, do REAL people, or at least some people who know nothing of the art, judge and the home audience judges. Then you get a return 1 hour show, where you learn the results.
A mentalist is supposed to be superhuman, and by that very nature, unique. To have 10 people against each other is overkill. I mean how many 'special' people can their be? A mentalist is a special person who has a gift that not many others have. Right? Not a gift that can be found on every street corner...
At least Jim will have an edge with his persona. Because of that, I still think he will win.

Chad
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
The highlights of the show were definitely Criss's hair and Rachel Hunter.

Lighting & music were good too.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 22:46, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
At least none of them yelled, "MindFreak" when they finished.
Tony

They should have! At least the sarcasm would have been funny and caused some genuine tension.

- entity
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2308 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Performing out of the box effects on national TV, what would that guy expect. Am I wrong here, or was the phonebook effect almost right from the box? Jim WILL make this show more interesting, and I think if the show hooked interest on this first one, they will get better.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Wife commented about the way Ross took the stage. I said that I did not notice.
I was looking at Rachel.
Sleeping on the couch.
Oh well.
It was worth it.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Remember, JC has not been on yet. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 22:55, magicmind wrote:
Performing out of the box effects on national TV, what would that guy expect. Am I wrong here, or was the phonebook effect almost right from the box? Jim WILL make this show more interesting, and I think if the show hooked interest on this first one, they will get better.

I am sure Gerry can do much better then this one. It was too long and drawn out (pick a pager number, now which column etc etc) for the time alloted an no climatic ending. He will get a second chance unless all of next week's performers are awesome. Good thing for the next performers though, they can all learn from this night and make necessary changes.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2986 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Mr. Angel’s partial exposure of Mr. Segev’s routine was not appropriate.

I think the post-effect interviews of contestants can be problematic for dual reality bits. I wonder if the performers knew about that part in advance.

The producers should contact L&L for a proper audience Smile
Darkfrog
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Darkfrog
At least South Park was good tonight...
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Tony,
I like Jim Callahan, but please let's not refer to him as JC.(His ego is big enough already.)

Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looked like Jim Carol wanted to choke Criss. Just that look in Jim's eyes when Criss was doing his critique, priceless.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2308 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 22:59, Candini wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 22:55, magicmind wrote:

I am sure Gerry can do much better then this one. It was too long and drawn out (pick a pager number, now which column etc etc) for the time alloted an no climatic ending. He will get a second chance unless all of next week's performers are awesome. Good thing for the next performers though, they can all learn from this night and make necessary changes.

agreed
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17539 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So Angel, with his new show coming to Vegas slags a guy with a show already in Vegas...Who'd a thought?
A conflict of interest maybe, but I had to agree with him. You can't win with out of the box stuff!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 22:56, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Remember, JC has not been on yet. Smile

I don't even see him in this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..36..39..42..45..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL