The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Magic names and the media Ľ Ľ Phenomenon Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..46~47~48~49 [Next]
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I think the biased opinions belong to you, because you chose to skip what he says in the end of that video:

"The hidden sixth sense is our imagination."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:56, Dr Spektor wrote:
I am THE walrus.... I am THE eggman...

...and comical rapping mentalist doctor.
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA - Portland, OR
137 Posts

Profile of Vanian
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:20, DJM wrote:
I think the biased opinions belong to you, because you chose to skip what he says in the end of that video:

"The hidden sixth sense is our imagination."


Nope, didn't skip due to bias, I skipped it because it didn't imply the supernatural. I'm not saying he claimed he was supernatural, I was defending hollymental by saying he did at least IMPLY it with what I quoted which could leave one to believe that he sees himself with some sort of supernatural powers... but some of you immediately dismissed her with "not sure which show you were watching" and "hollymental was watching something else...."

just trying to keep people honest with the facts man.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
just trying to keep people honest with the facts man.


The FACTS are that you promised to give "exact" quotes, and you chose to ignore that line which basically explains what he was talking about when he meant Sixth Sense in the beginning of the video. What you did is twist the facts to make you seem correct.. but it just made you seem the complete opossite.

There's no indicition of supernatural powers in that clip, since he was talking about the IMAGINATION. Which is a very natural thing.

You got more "exact" quotes to share with us?
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
Nope, didn't skip due to bias, I skipped it because it didn't imply the supernatural. I'm not saying he claimed he was supernatural, I was defending hollymental by saying he did at least IMPLY it with what I quoted which could leave one to believe that he sees himself with some sort of supernatural powers... but some of you immediately dismissed her with "not sure which show you were watching" and "hollymental was watching something else...."

just trying to keep people honest with the facts man.



Aahh but he didn't imply THAT if one read things till the end without jumping here and there in a nonsensical way then come here to do a resumee of what they have [mis]read

just trying to keep people honest with the facts man
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 23:47, DJM wrote:

So maybe you watched a different show than what they had on NBC.


No DJM, I watched a repeat of the same show you did.

Ehud does claim to possess supernatural powers. Although he occasionally tries to mince words ala Jim Callahan, he definitely has made the claim.

Here are some inserts from Ehud Segevís bio at his website at: http://www.ehudsegev.com/bio.htm

Quote:
I don't have any supernatural powers, on the contrary - my powers are so natural that they are super natural.


Here we see the typical semantics associated with psychic claims. But wait! Thereís more!

Quote:
I used to shock everybody. I knew the topics for the tests before the teacher would say one word.


This one sounds as innocent as the ďI knew something bad had happened to my brother and then there was a knock at the doorÖĒ kind of thing he said on Phenomenon. But waitÖ

Quote:
Fascination with Segev continued and he was often asked to communicate with parallel universes. Hundred of sťances were conducted and thousands of people's lives were touched by the amazing power Segev possesses.


Here we see it getting more outlandish. Now he claims to communicate with parallel universes and touch lives with his powers.

Quote:
With only a photo to reference Segev used his inner Kabbalistic energy to compose a profile on each candidate and foresee the winners. Segev was 100% right. He explained to the fascinated reporters that he used his mental abilities to analyze the candidates.


Now the semantic way to look at this is that he meant he used his mental powers in the sense that we all use our brains to function. But we both know Mr. Segev is referring here specifically to paranormal powers.

Please read the bio I give a link to and tell me Mr. Segev makes no paranormal claims of any kind.


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA - Portland, OR
137 Posts

Profile of Vanian
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:37, DJM wrote:
Quote:
just trying to keep people honest with the facts man.


The FACTS are that you promised to give "exact" quotes, and you chose to ignore that line which basically explains what he was talking about when he meant Sixth Sense in the beginning of the video. What you did is twist the facts to make you seem correct.. but it just made you seem the complete opossite.

There's no indicition of supernatural powers in that clip, since he was talking about the IMAGINATION. Which is a very natural thing.

You got more "exact" quotes to share with us?


Ok, fair enough, my bad. Maybe I should have included the last line, but again, I didn't "twist the facts" I simply quoted exactly every other part of that video (except the last line) to show how HollyMental and others (and definitely lay-people who I watched the show with) could have seen how he claimed to be supernatural... and you guys are jumping down my throat over that!? Come on... grow up.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Quote:
Come on... grow up.


you start first Sir. we will follow. thank you.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Holly, you first posted about what you saw on the show. Segev's site is there to promote himself, and it does a good job. He always admits he doens't have real powers when he's asked and that's he's just a magician. On Phenomenon he implied that whatever he does is natural, when he said the hidden Sixth Sense is the imagination. It's not his fault if you misunderstood that.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I agree with you DJM.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Thanks buddy, I can always count on you.
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:52, DJM wrote:

Holly, you first posted about what you saw on the show. Segev's site is there to promote himself, and it does a good job. He always admits he doens't have real powers when he's asked and that's he's just a magician. On Phenomenon he implied that whatever he does is natural, when he said the hidden Sixth Sense is the imagination. It's not his fault if you misunderstood that.


DJM, obviously he doesnít ALWAYS admit he doesnít have real powers. He expressly claims to on his website. As well, he appeared with Sylvia Browne on the Montel Williams Show and when Sylvia pronounced that his powers were real, Ehud said nothing. I understand he was in a precarious position. The point Iím making is that he most certainly does not ALWAYS admit he doesnít have powers.

It wasnít my intention to start an argument. I donít like the tone you started off with regarding the comments about ďdid you see the right show?Ē This especially surprised me because I liked you and didnít think you were like that. Now youíre belittling my comprehension ability - all the more insulting given that you are wrong.

I was just trying to express my impressions of the show. If you donít agree with them fine, but if you have a problem with me saying that Ehud Segev claims to have supernatural powers, I suggest you take it up with Ehud because he most definitely does claim to have supernatural powers. He may back track and wish-wash over semantics but he clearly makes the claim.

Quote:
Fascination with Segev continued and he was often asked to communicate with parallel universes. Hundred of sťances were conducted and thousands of people's lives were touched by the amazing power Segev possesses.



Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:55, Dynamike wrote:
I agree with you DJM.


Now I KNOW Iím right.
The devil can advocate for himself.
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA - Portland, OR
137 Posts

Profile of Vanian
I apologize if some of you are misunderstanding what I am saying or if I am misstating things the wrong way (i know, that was redundant) but there's really no call for personal attacks. All I've tried to do is play devils advocate in some of these posts and present an objective view of things and if I failed in that, I truly do apologize.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Holly, he doesn't claim anything. He even said live on the air in the Israeli show that he doesn't have any powers. I'm sure he would also say it on the American show if the producers let him. But they do need to keep it somewhat mysterious, I doubt any of the mentalists would come out and say that it's all just an illusion. Ehud inplied he doesn't have any powers, more than any of the other mentalists there did.

Sixth Sense = The imagination. Which means that the Sixth Sense isn't real. How can he be any more clear than that? There's nothing personal in my posts to you, it's that you keep insisting things that are not true.
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 01:21, DJM wrote:
There's nothing personal in my posts to you, it's that you keep insisting things that are not true.



I backed up my statements. The evidence is there at Ehudís own website. The information I posted about him didnít come out of some tabloid. It came from Ehud himself.

Iím done with this conversation. Iím not going to argue with you. The evidence is clear. I think you just donít want to see it because you idolize Ehud.


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 01:14, HollyMental wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 00:55, Dynamike wrote:
I agree with you DJM.


Now I KNOW Iím right.

I was speaking on his comments toward Genshi. I do not know what DJM and you are discussing.
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 01:35, Dynamike wrote:
I was speaking on his comments toward Genshi. I do not know what DJM and you are discussing.


I was only teasing with you Mike. I did think you were talking about our conversation but I was only playing with you. Smile


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
Iím done with this conversation. Iím not going to argue with you. The evidence is clear. I think you just donít want to see it because you idolize Ehud.

Holly


Idolize Ehud? I know nothing about him except from watching him on both of the Geller shows. I can't even call myself a fan. No surprise how you come up with false conclusions so easy.

If he wanted people to think he has powers then he would't have to deny it live on air for the entire country to hear, or in many interviews for the press. But whatever you tell yourself, Holly.
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 01:45, DJM wrote:

Idolize Ehud? I know nothing about him except from watching him on both of the Geller shows. I can't even call myself a fan. No surprise how you come up with false conclusions so easy.

If he wanted people to think he has powers then he wouldn't have to deny it live on air for the entire country to hear, or in many interviews for the press. But whatever you tell yourself, Holly.


My apologies for the assumption that you were a fan. I could have sworn you said several times you thought he would win, which led me to believe you were a fan. If indeed that isnít true, then I apologize. And apparently itís not so Iím sorry.

Itís interesting that you say you know virtually nothing about him but yet defend him so staunchly when he claims to possess supernatural powers in the bio of his own website.


Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Magic names and the media Ľ Ľ Phenomenon Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..46~47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL