The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » And how 'not' to do the Ambitious card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Expert village idiot is probably close to the truth.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Trestkon
View Profile
New user
Canada
94 Posts

Profile of Trestkon
Halfway through I thought it must be a joke, I couldn't even follow what the heck the magic was supposed to be. I guess it's not a joke, though o_0
-Larry
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I hate expert village. I am a personal trainer and the same thing happens in that field. It's even worse in that field. You have "experts" showing how to exercise. The information they are spreading is the leading cause in ACL injuries. As for the magic. This guy is something else. What does someone like this benefit from teaching on the internet for free. Also, how is he an expert? There is no way he actually performs for a living.
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Good lord, he's been pro for seven years, what the heck has he been doing. Their was nothing professional about his teaching along with his robotic sloppy card handling. He would drive me to tears, I feel so bad for the working magicians in his area....
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-10-03 19:56, McAllisterMagic wrote:
Good lord, he's been pro for seven years, what the heck has he been doing. Their was nothing professional about his teaching along with his robotic sloppy card handling. He would drive me to tears, I feel so bad for the working magicians in his area....

Really?!?! I want to be in his area! I would look like the one of the greatest Magicians in the world compared against it!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Quote:
On 2007-10-01 15:29, Christopher Williams wrote:
Yes lol, for seven years! Wayne, if you read this, please contact one of us, we are here to help you

Ya to kick your butt.
I'm really getting sick and tried of these goofballs making how to videos.
We all spend a great deal of time and money.Then to some goofball head do it for free.
It bad ,bad for you and bad for magic.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thanks for the post made me laugh I guess he is a comedian after all lol.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2007-10-04 04:23, Christopher Williams wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-03 19:56, McAllisterMagic wrote:

Really?!?! I want to be in his area! I would look like the one of the greatest Magicians in the world compared against it!

Just think, if all net exposure was like this we would seem like gods. I hope others watch this a model thier exposure after it Smile
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
What the????

Thanks for the links
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
422 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
"This is a card routine called the Ambitious Card routine..."

That was it for me.....

Monte
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
This brought tears to my eyes. And not the, "My son was just born," kind of tears. But the "My son just flushed my gaffed coin down the toilet," kind of tears.

OUCH!

RevJohn
joshua the magician
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of joshua the magician
Hahahhaahahahahha lol oh my god this guy is funny. at around 1:24 he awkwardly scratches his butt while he says, where is that infamous jack of diamonds??

wow. this is the best magic I've ever seen, because it truly does entertain.
josh
magicly,
joshua
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
That is the worst ACR I have ever seen. My jaw hit the floor when he switched the JC for the JD. It was god-awful. My stomach is in knots. Smile
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Granted... this is beyond horrid and really doesn't hurt much, even if its bad exposure... its still exposure. I'm rather surprised it was allowed here and actually tolerated. Personally, I think its a really bad explanation, but its still wrong isn't it? I'm new to the forum, but still... I just don't know how I feel about this. Am I floating alone in this boat?
-DJ
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
It's an original routine.

I think it is a mistake to be original at his stage of learning in the craft.

We all started out bad.

Just that it may be kind of embarrassing years from now when he realizes how he must of come across in these videos--trying to present himself as a teacher.
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 03:34, Whit Haydn wrote:
It's an original routine.

I think it is a mistake to be original at his stage of learning in the craft.

We all started out bad.

Just that it may be kind of embarrassing years from now when he realizes how he must of come across in these videos--trying to present himself as a teacher.

I agree, it may be original but the moves he used are not... not that they are that good anyways. I just think this leads to more bad exposure over and over again.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Um..he is better than me at cards.. Smile
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Met that fellow at the Castle a few months back...nice guy.

If he is reading this thread:

Hi Wayne,

First of all, don't be discouraged by the some of the harsh comments.The beauty of the ambitious card routine is the "fairness" of the card coming to the top of the deck. Don't confuse the audience with a lot of hand movement. If you keep the deck in a space of about 8" by 8" for about 90% of the routine, it will play a lot stronger to the audience.

Your routine is all over the place. 3 or 4 phases that build (underline build) in impossibility is what you should work toward. On a final note, study how proffesional card magicians hold and handle the deck. You do not have to be overtly flashy, but smooth and gentle is the key.

I wish you well in the art of magic, Wayne.

Sincerley,

Grant Carden
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
wilfr3d
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of wilfr3d
For some reasons the video doesn't play for me, just plain dark.
canadasphere
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of canadasphere
Haha. found this at his official site.

Accomplishments:
Tournament Champion For Magic The Gathering TCG
Second Place Yu-Gi-Oh champion in Thousand Oaks area –Non Sanctioned tournaments.
Table Top Manager for Anime Expo.
Set up contract with four hospitals to provide pedorthic services to their diabetic patients.

http://www.waynephelps.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » And how 'not' to do the Ambitious card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL