The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » And how 'not' to do the Ambitious card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
"We check the card that comes flying out of the deck when I screw up a flippin' injog shuffle...nope, not the jack of diamonds"

Smooth man. Real smooth.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1608 Posts

Profile of Futureal
This thread reminds me of the hilarious thread and video clip discussed at :

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2007-10-19 22:56, wilfr3d wrote:
For some reasons the video doesn't play for me, just plain dark.

Be thankful for that...LOL!
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 08:37, Clock wrote:
Met that fellow at the Castle a few months back...nice guy.

If he is reading this thread:

Hi Wayne,

First of all, don't be discouraged by the some of the harsh comments.The beauty of the ambitious card routine is the "fairness" of the card coming to the top of the deck. Don't confuse the audience with a lot of hand movement. If you keep the deck in a space of about 8" by 8" for about 90% of the routine, it will play a lot stronger to the audience.

Your routine is all over the place. 3 or 4 phases that build (underline build) in impossibility is what you should work toward. On a final note, study how proffesional card magicians hold and handle the deck. You do not have to be overtly flashy, but smooth and gentle is the key.

I wish you well in the art of magic, Wayne.

Sincerley,

Grant Carden

I agree, and also don´t sell yourself as something you aren´t.
Magicians help magicians,
when they ask for help.

Best,
Pablo
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1606 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Can't imagine how badly this performance was...

It make me start to rethink those in my city that expose magic badly, selling pirate duplicates Magic DVDs that their shopkeepers are not that bad skill after all¡K

Oh¡K what I want to say is, it is not a performance, cannot even barely called an exposure, I would say it is a lousy exposure plus card handling¡K

7 years in the Magic Castle¡K what is the standard of the Magic Castle nowadays then?

Sorry to say that he is better to try another hobby like stamp collecting ¡K lol
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » And how 'not' to do the Ambitious card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL