The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » IT loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Hi,

Does anybody know where I could find routines for IT loops? Also, I'm using Yigal Mesika type loops. Are there any other kind available out there? Thanks again for your attention,

Andre Smile
Any day I'm walking on top of the grass instead of looking up at the roots is a good day!
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Mesika has a booklet out called Animated Miracles that is all about LOOPS. There is also a great haunted deck routine on John George's Close up magic video, & some information on LOOPS on th ETM Thread Miracles DVD vol 1 by Michael Ammar. I use the LOOPS alot that is where I got all my ideas & routines from. GOOD LUCK!!
Ryan
View Profile
New user
Calgary
89 Posts

Profile of Ryan
Is the booklet worth the pruchase? I know it is quite pricey, and does not even come with a set of loops. I use loops right now exclusivly for the haunted deck effect, and I am wondering if the book offers other effects that I would use.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
114 Posts

Profile of domclarke
Here are the effects in the booklet:
1 & 2: Animating a fork: moving and spinning.
3. Making an object, eg. matchbox fall.
4. Floating a playing card.
5. A fork jumps from a glass.
6. Pair of sunglasses stand up, and in some cases the frame-arms fold shut.
7. Haunted pack
8. Match held by spectator jumps to join one held by the magician.
9. Causing someone to feel they have been touched without any apparent contact.
10. Floating Ring.

Hope that helps your decision.
Rgds.
JamesD
View Profile
New user
Lexington KY
70 Posts

Profile of JamesD
The book is worth it for the variety of effects, as domclarke listed above.

I performed the floating ring earlier today for a coworker. He knew that there must be something holding up the ring, but from six inches away he couldn't see it. (mind, I watched my angles and had it against a broken background). To end it, I had him take the ring out of the air. BTW- to those of you who use The Joining (rubberband on ring), floating ring makes an excellent followup.

Regarding other loops, I've made some of my own using Ben Harris's elastic thread, but while it works wonderfully for some effects, I find that the Mesika loops work better for animations. I'd love to find a source for the material Mesika uses, but until then I shall remain a faithfull customer.
clui
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of clui
I have been wondering is the loops limited to the the above tricks. Can it float things around, moving. And is the thread easily broken?
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
One thing for sure, the loops ARE easy to break.
Any day I'm walking on top of the grass instead of looking up at the roots is a good day!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » IT loops (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL