The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sirius or XM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Which one, or are you not into it?
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Sirius has NFL football XM Has baseball, I would compare channels and choose whichever one had more channels that I liked.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We have XM and listen to it non-stop across the country. It especially comes in handy for late night driving.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
8-Track
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
XM breaks up the 40's 50's and 60's better than Sirius.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 15:12, Justin Style wrote:
Which one, or are you not into it?

I thought they'd merged. They still have separate offerings?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
There's talk, but no merge as of yet...that I know of.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I'm a Sirius user from the get. Collage football, NASCAR, good comedy stations, and the music that I like to listen to (including electronic trance, CW, Jazz, etc.).

National Public Radio (with some over seas coverage). It also has a nice variety of talk stations too.

I spend a fair amount of time in my car, get it through my computer, and have a house hold radio. I'm a life-time subscriber so don't pay any monthly fees and have more than covered the initial cost amortized over the years I've had it. I basically am listening for free right now.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My satellite dish gets XM. Not as much as I'd like. We usually listen to the 70s, 80s, or Broadway. I've gotten into the habit of tuning in "Audio Visions" which is kinda new agey melodonic music sometimes with nature sounds (rain or whales or whatnot) before I take a nap. It helps me relax better than listening to songs with lyrics or commercials. (Although the creepy girl doing the travel motif can make me jump sometimes.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I am a Sirius guy...
Howard 100 and Howard 101, great music. I hardly ever listen to the sports. Once you have satellite radio there is no going back.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I am a life long music freak. I am not the slightest bit interested in sports, or talk radio. I do not go anywhere without my ipod. My ipod has All of the music that is important to me for over 50 years, some from the 1950's and some brand new releases. I told my wife to play my ipod at my funeral, and then throw it into my coffin just before they lower me in the ground. The thought of pay radio is foreign to me, and no pay radio station can come close to the 2,000 hand picked selections I have on my ipod.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Dig it.

I actually have Sirius but am not a lifer. I don't know if they still offer that? As far as the computer, I used to listen to Howard but now they charge extra. I don't like that part of the deal...
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
What do you mean they charge extra? I have my $12.99 subscription and listen to Howard online? You can listen to most of the channels online with yor basic subscription.
Ryan Parsons
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I listen to my XM radio every single day and I really enjoy the 40's 50's and 60's music and deeptracks is awesome as well.
I enjoy the fact that I can hear songs that NEVER get played on any commercial radio station that I listen to and not only the popular stuff but music that is not popular (with the masses) and never really got much airplay even in their time.
I also listen to channel 164 which plays the old-time radio shows that were popular before television was available to the public.
I can never really enjoy commercial radio now that I am hooked on XM Radio.
I don't think there is much difference between XM and Sirius except for some of the sports and talk stations lineups.
I think most people tend to be faithful to whichever one they have and consider theirs the best. Sort of like the PC and Apple fans, each one slams the other. I say just get on the Xm or Sirius bandwagon and enjoy the true freedom of choice and get away from the over commercialized free radio.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
See, this is my problem with my satellite provider. We have XM, we have the 40s thru the 90s, various jazz stations and religious music stations, but we don't carry the old time radio show station! Man, I would so listen to that. (I once ate 10 boxes of Corn Flakes to get a set of records of the old Superman radio show!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-10-03 17:01, ryansmagic wrote:
What do you mean they charge extra? I have my $12.99 subscription and listen to Howard online? You can listen to most of the channels online with yor basic subscription.

I thought they wanted you to download the howard stern media player and they charged for that? In the begining everything was fine but then it changed and I haven't loged on since. Are you saying that there is NO additional cost?
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Yeah....You can download the Howard stern media player, but you do not have to.
Just go to http://www.sirius.com and click on listen online. Once you log in you can listen to all of the music channels, Howard, and a lot of other things.
Ryan Parsons
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2007-10-04 05:52, mandrake01 wrote:
See, this is my problem with my satellite provider. We have XM, we have the 40s thru the 90s, various jazz stations and religious music stations, but we don't carry the old time radio show station! Man, I would so listen to that. (I once ate 10 boxes of Corn Flakes to get a set of records of the old Superman radio show!)

I have XM Radio on my TV Satellite also. They provide an abreviated version of XM Radio. You need to subscribe to XM and have an XM radio to get the full service and to be totaly mobile.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Be difficult, since I don't currently own a car! Smile
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Sirius and XM are for suckers.

AM radio, that's where it's at. FM is for suckers.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sirius or XM (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL