The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Outstanding coin work.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks, JP (Petrus).

And welcome to the Café... We're honored to have you, Petrus, and look forward to the young Miss Ella joining soon also. Smile I wish her good luck, and please let her know that the magic world community here on the Café is cheering for her. Smile I've just gotten into a bit of mentalism, and I feel a big WIN coming on for her. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
I keep watching this, and it's getting very addictive. I hope she wins.....

Anyone know what coins she's using? Are they halves or Spanish coins? Not really sure, must be my eyes. Smile

One of the best routines I have seen for a long time. It is all so fluent, the way say executes the moves. Absolutely brilliant.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Anyone found the competing clips? If she had to post on YouTube, they would have as well. You never know, her competition might be worth seeing.
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Gentleman,
May we please refer to her using her proper name? I'm told her name is Claudia. "Ella" is spanish for female. So above the clip it says, "Female does 3 Fly," or something to that extent. Please refer to her as "Claudia". Or as I call her, "one of the smoothest magicians I have ever seen".

Thank you,
Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Petrus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Petrus
Pete: You're right about the meaning of the word "ella".

But also, in this case, "Ella" is her magic nickname.

Just to clarify,

J.P.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Thanks, Pete, I was just about to announce that!
Blade, I'm sure whatever coins she's using, it is not of this world because no matter what I use, it NEVER looks that good! Smile
Mick
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks, Petrus, I was about to feel extremely foolish as per Pete's post on this. I know a bit of Spanish and should've picked up on that. Pete's post sounded completely logical, but in this case quite an exception, as all the folks that thought they were right but wrong are actually still right...Smile This is what happens when you meant well to begin with..."Alls well that ends well." Smile "Ella" it was, and "Ella" it stays. Smile
And thanks just the same, Pete, but you can still call her the "smoothest magician..." It's clearly appropriate, as well. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I went to a few video pages and had Google translate them.
"Ella" was translated as "She", which I thought was very cool.

I was hoping you guys weren't going to start tearing her routines apart and discussing her methods here.

Also, in each of her routines, she seems to use slightly different style and paint a unique picture of herself and her routines. Sometimes graceful, sometimes serious, sometimes playful. Nice. Smile
Petrus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Petrus
Mb217: A couple of days ago, I posted in the blog about your "Crimp Change":

blogdemagia.com

Podcastrant:

Here are the other competing clips:

blogdemagia.com

blogdemagia.com

blogdemagia.com

blogdemagia.com

blogdemagia.com

blogdemagia.com

blogdemagia.com

In a few minutes, I'll be posting the results.

Cheers,

J.P. (in Petrus' account)
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Brother Marion is now International, RIGHT ON!

JP,
Thanks for the updates and the other vids of the contestants. I'm sure I'm biased, but Claudia "Ella" is far superior, IMO!
Mick
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, gracias, JP, much appreciated...Smile

Please, I would like to make a gift of the Crimp Change to the young lady, Ella, if she is interested. A gift from myself, my friends here on the Magic Café, and the USA. Smile I think though it is in English, she would still be able to understand how it's done and used, and it would be quite useful and beautiful in her hands. Please ask her and let me know. And thanks again for your kind words on "blogdemagia" about the Crimp Change. Smile -Mb

Is it alright to PM you at "Petrus"?

Freddyshark
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Freddyshark
This is probably one of the smoothest and most natural handlings of the Three Fly effect I have ever seen. Amazing...
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Well, we can be a gushy bunch around here!

I watched all the competing videos. I think "our" Ella should win. I hope so.

What on earth did she do with that last coin? I watched it 10 times and still did not see.
The real magic is family!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I hope nobody reveals the vanish of the last coin on this forum.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This is an open thread, so kindly drop the subject of the coin vanish methods.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
camador
View Profile
Regular user
Salamanca
170 Posts

Profile of camador
Yes, it's pretty amazing to see how much she has improved in such a short period of time!

Aupa, Claudia!
Petrus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Petrus
Mb217: Sir, you are a true gentlemen. Of course, I'll ask her and let you know (and you certainly can PM here).

Ok, here is the deal...

(Let me enjoy the tension. Smile )

Here is the post with the winning video (and I also explain a little bit of what's happening here at the Café):

blogdemagia.com

Of course, it is her!!!

I want to ask you boys something...

A big favor...

And I don't want you to think I'm doing it for the visits or page views or anything (it is a Spanish blog, you know).

I want to ask you if you boys can leave a comment for her in that post (at the end of the page).
I picture this as a big round of applause.
She will read this thread and post here, she will hear the applause here, and I know she will be very happy.

But I want all our readers to hear the applause for her, as well. This would be nice for her and a good motivation for the other contestants and readers.

So if it's OK with you, please go to the end of this post and let everybody there know what you think about her. It does not matter if is in English, we would get it. Smile

Thanks

J.P. (at Petrus)
Freddyshark
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Freddyshark
What is the name of this vanish? Is that hers?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Freddyshark,
As Mr. Townsend has suggested, IF this vanish is ever revealed or discussed in any detail (I personally hope it remains her secret) it will NOT be done in open forum!
Mick

On 2007-10-04 18:38, MickeyPainless wrote:
Thank you again, JP, for the update, and please extend to Claudia a hearty CONGRATULATIONS from me (and I'm sure everyone else) and thank her for for making magic so beautiful!
Mick
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Congrats, Ella, very well done. We were all cheering for you... It had to be you. Smile

-Mb

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Outstanding coin work.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL