The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Idem- ashes on arm (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
Hey just wondering if anyone has this effect, any reviews? How practical is it etc.

thanks in advance.

Hagan
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I used to do it when I was a kid. Ashes spell out a selected card that was written down and the slip burned. Usually went over well, but wasn't practical after awhile so I stopped doing it.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Grant Horton
View Profile
New user
Texas
51 Posts

Profile of Grant Horton
It was never very practical because of the method, but now it is just about as practical and impromptu as stigmata if you check out some of the new wax pen type things called ash pens... heres one:
http://www.world-of-magic.co.uk/magic.asp?id=16763
You can find em around, you aquire the info, write it wherever...restaurant menu, playing card, your hand or arm, and SUPPOSEDLY their arm somehow...and then burn the ashes of whatever and rub them on your place it was written. Great effect. I think a white or clear crayon works fine. There are many methods here and there and most are free on the internet.

I would recommend it, good shock magic type thing.
Vince_the_vince
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Vince_the_vince
You can go check disintigration, it's ashes on spectator's arm!!!
Spidey_magic
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Spidey_magic
Hey guys,
this is Spidey, Im the guy who did Disintigration. The ashes on arm IS in fact one of the best card tricks ever in my opinion. It just brings magic to a whole new level of freaky. Theres just something very eerie about revealing someones thought by rubbing ashes on your arm. Of course if youve seen Disintigration you know that Pepper also works really well. If you're the kind of performer who wouldnt mind getting ur spectator a litle dirty Disintigration brings this trick to the next level. Ive never has a problem because their so impressed that they don't mind that you made a little smudge on their arm. But the classic effect is really good, and its easy to do, so I recomend it HIGHLY!....By the way if your going to do it theres two methods to write it, theres the one you do in the bathroom (for those who know) or the one you can have in your pocket (Like I do it and I believe Richard osterlind also goes over this) the second one is ALOT better.

Just a thought
thanks
Spidey
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
I agree with Spidey, This is an awesome effect if presented well. I don't do and have never seen disintegration done before but it sounds awesome. I personally have been combining stigmata and ashes on the arm, (ashes reveal the card, stigmata reveals the suit. It plays well.

Ocha
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Anyone know of anything that looks like ashes but less messy? I have been using burned up newspaper but it does not give me enough black. I have thought about using charcoal but do not want to buy an entire bag just to have it not work.

I have a little container I carry so I will have enough. Last night I reached in and used some for the voodoo ash effect and could barely leave a speck.

Thanks for help

Candin
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I put some ashes from cigarettes in a small dark hanky and rub my arm lightly with the hanky while the spec select a card with my back turned.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Idem is worth the $. Very practical way of doing the ashes on whatever.
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Ok, there's a lot of talk about the best adherent to use, but what about the best ash? A nod goes to evolve629 for tipping her cigarette ashes technique, but what about paper ashes? The "slip of paper" that is burned... what type of paper or size of slip yields the best ash? In the broader question, I'm simply asking what is the best ash and technique for this effect?
comicjenius
View Profile
New user
Spartanburg, SC
32 Posts

Profile of comicjenius
Flash paper ashes work best, if you can find them. 🤪😁
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Idem- ashes on arm (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL