The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favourite method for vanishing coin completely, no gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I'm new to coins but if I'm at a table, just lap it, easy fast and clean,,,,if I'm standing I do a rentention vanish and put the coin in my pocket..."the bigger motion covering the smaller motion"....
J Rodriguez
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Homer Liwag did a wonderfully amazing vanish of a coin tossed from hand to hand...a few tosses back and forth and the coin was gone...just beautiful!

Lots of ways to do this but my favorite way of vanishing a coin completely is to ROV it to the left hand and then s******g with the right. I also like to simply tap a coin on the table, turn my hand over in a closed fist and then show the coin is gone. Always fun to do. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
ElCoral
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ElCoral
Bobo complete vanish
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I also have to say the Catapult Vanish. It looks so good and clean, and it's very easy to do.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thanks for the reminder about that elbow vanish. If you are committed to making a coin go away - it might be worth your time to learn cuffing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sleeving or pocket ditch, depending on my wardrobe. Also pocket ditch INTO spectator's pocket (for later reveal).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
YVRDave
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
104 Posts

Profile of YVRDave
My favourite is hiding the coin in your watchband - unless you consider a watch a gimmick

Davd
Jon Royer
View Profile
New user
Warminster, PA
70 Posts

Profile of Jon Royer
Along the lines of what Rannie was talking about:
"It was a complete vanish with out really getting rid of the coins. "
I always liked Jerry Andrus' Manipulative Vanish

Jon
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
The "Bluff" Vanish? Mine goes like this:

I show a coin..."accidently" drop it in front of my shoe.

Now, one of my sneakers has worn to the point that it is split in the front. The sole is coming away with a gap of about two inches wide. If I lift my toes slightly, I get a nice "toe servante" that closes when relaxed.

OK, coin in front of said shoe. I scoop the coin into the gap in the shoe, in the pretense of picking it up. The rest is pure acting.

Doug
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My favorite crime of opportunity is snapping my fingers to a sleeve vanish.

Oops! There it is in Pete's pocket. LOL

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
For a COMPLETE vanish, Topit AND Sleeving techniques without hesitation!!!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Well I like doing the pitch and ditch and acting like I snort it up my nose(note do not do for restaraunt crowds or small kids), but lately ive been playing around with my favorite hollister jacket for sleeving(i love the liwag vanish discussed by eric) and muscle passing into my jacket pockets which works nice.
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
Well I just use any good false transfer (mostly ROV or slide vanish - these 2 are my favourites!) and just take their attention. while they are looking at empty hand I put coin in my back pocket.

BUT

I use 1 complete vanish as a trick and I love it. - ivanish. its wonderfull
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
I like using a button down shirt as a topit - but as part of a routine. When I saw a favorite coin man, I said, "can you do that with my coin?". At the same time I handed the coin from right to left - doing the move. When he reached for it, it was already gone. He was surprized, and did not know how I did it. I was surprized that I could fool him! The topit move is great, but should not be overdone or repeated too much.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favourite method for vanishing coin completely, no gimmicks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL