The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
mitchmagi
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of mitchmagi
Could some one post a few clips on Youtube just demonstrating the sound effect / smoke / vanish ... wld just like to get a feel for the impact of the prop

Thanks
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Sorry mitchmagi, I don't know who to do that. Maybe Chance can post some more pictures on his website!?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Talking to my friend Wizzo the Wizard last night, it occurred to me that the Cellulator could be used to vanish something other than a phone, which I would then find in an "impossible" location, but in fact it would be a duplicate. This would mean that I couldn't borrow a phone, but would open up other possibilities. Or I could even vanish my own phone. Problem I have is getting the phone out of the Cellulator, I can't find a way to do it silently and quickly. So I'm now planning to use it as a comedy device, and forget the cleverness of the original routine.
The prop is quite beautiful, and could be used to destroy anything that fits in the load chamber. I wonder if anyone has any ideas what else could be destroyed?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Potty,

I have always felt that the Wiz Kote (and now the Cellulator) is more of a comedy item than a baffling magic trick. If you think about it, there is really not much magic going on from the audience's point of view. They see the magician borrow an item, (shoe or phone) place it in a box, and it burns up. Lot's of comedy potential, but not much magic so far.

That is why I feel the revelation of the item is so important. Personally, I wanted a very strong, magical finish. That is why I worked so hard and spent so much time and money making my own device for the ending. I call it my High-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set. I can "vanish" the burned phone with one can and the restored phone can be found in the can that the spectator holds.....which will be a "sealed" can of mixed nuts. No grease or salt to worry about either. I think it will add more comedy to my Cellulator routine, but also create a strong, magical ending.

I know what you mean about the difficulty of retrieving the phone. That is going to be a challenge if you work alone. I am trying to come up with a good way to do that too. I have already started making a few modifications.

I am also thinking about using a credit card but I am a little concerned about the magnets. I would hate to really destroy someones credit card! Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Tried out my Cellulator and it went very well in theatre setting.
I combined it with Can-It and Chalet's Retriever's Chest.A volunteer was picked to hold on to the retriever's chest in the beginning of the show.It played very well...except in one of the show,I was loading the phone into the Can-It in the dark,and when the can was opened by the spectator,the burnt phone was found in there instead!!!
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
The Myth Busters (A TV show) debunked the magnets/credit card myth. You can NOT ruin a creit card with a magnet. The other thing is the credit card would not be that close to the magnets anyway.

Ron
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2008-01-01 09:22, mrmagic0 wrote:
The Myth Busters (A TV show) debunked the magnets/credit card myth. You can NOT ruin a creit card with a magnet. The other thing is the credit card would not be that close to the magnets anyway.

Ron

In my routine the credit card would be close to magnets. And I am not sure about Myth Busters, but the place I buy magnets from warn about credit card damage.
Mister Mystery
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I carry a magnet next to my credit cards all the time. The one I carry is a N14 which is the strongest and I have never had a problem. It is the same magnet we use in our Child's Play. Myth Busters used a jumbo magnet far more powerful and there was no effect on the credit card. I hear this myth all the time and magnets do not have an effect.

Ron

More information on magnets and credit cards from a magnet site is here
http://forums.the-gadgeteer.com/vbbs/sho......adid=950

Also see here:

http://www.tv.com/mythbusters/barrel-of-......cap.html
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I have had a much larger magnet (see description below) within an inch or less from my wallet and never had any problems with my credit cards after that. You probably have nothing to worry about.

This magnet is powerful too. It can hold over 35lbs:
Grade: N42
Composition: NdFeB
Shape: Disc
Coating: Nickel
Poles: One on each flat end
Dimensions: 1 1/2 in. x 3/16 in. thick
Br max: 12,100 Gauss
Bh max: 35 MGOe

You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I just got back form Louisiana magic weekend: http://www.cajunwizard.com
I got a new item, at least to me, the "Cell-Out".
A very visual effect, a deck of cards changes to a cell phone.
Now I have my finish. My audiences are usually pretty close, and you can do this right under their noses. I already tried the effect and blew a few people away.

After I burn up the cell phone, I will say, oh, well, how about a card trick?
I will pull out the deck of cards, and then change it to the cell phone!

Just another way to end it.

ACE
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Ace,

YOU da man!

Steve
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Magnets: I have a big $40.00 block magnet. DO NOT put it near your computer screen. At least not an old 25 pound Gateway 2000.
It was actualy fun. I got a new flat screen. So I put the magnet to the old screen, and the whole picture pulls toward the magnet. The color changes on the screen. It stayed that way. Then I took the magnet and "pulled" the picture back. And waved the magnet until the right color came back.

Did I just invent a new trick?

ACE
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I don't know? I think the degauss button will do the same thing! Smile
Mister Mystery
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
The computer screen was definitely ruined with the magnet.

I was a few days later I had the idea to wave it over the screen, and it put it back.

I'm not that computer savvy, what is a degauss button, and where is it?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Just bought a cellulator from a Café member can;t wait to get it. will be buying phone-ale on monday to go along with it
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-11-13 15:41, Regan wrote:
Thanks Steve. I don't remember it, but then I am not a card man. Who was the manufacturer/inventor?

Regan- I saw an ad for that other "can phone" trick. I think the guy's name was "Professor Putter", but I could be a little off on that...it was several years ago, I think.

Best,

Chad
madmanmike1
View Profile
New user
Canada (Ontario)
94 Posts

Profile of madmanmike1
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the glo plug/smoke to work. I've gone through $30 worth of glo plugs and I'm running out of the smoke powder. Nothing seems to work. am I getting something wrong? I put just a pea sized amount of powder in and hit the button while the lights or lights and siren are going and nothing lights up. Do that a number of times and I'm off to buy a new glow plug.
"it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide!"
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2011-12-09 10:00, madmanmike1 wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the glo plug/smoke to work. I've gone through $30 worth of glo plugs and I'm running out of the smoke powder. Nothing seems to work. am I getting something wrong? I put just a pea sized amount of powder in and hit the button while the lights or lights and siren are going and nothing lights up. Do that a number of times and I'm off to buy a new glow plug.

Try emailing Chance. He'll do what he can to help you out...

Ken
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
While the Cellulator & Phone-Ale are not new, I want to enthusiastically note how much fun these have been to perform. This is a blast to present and consistently gets a wonderful reaction from the audience (kids & adults) as it plays huge! What's even better is that both the Cellulator and Phone-Ale easily fit in the bottom of my suitcase table without displacing any of my other shelves and props for transport. As with everything from Wolf Magic, these professional props are extremely well made and brilliantly thought out.

Dan.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Dear fellows,

Is there someone can help me to choose to the right type of glow plug for my cellulator.I need the replacement and have bought one type OS F. But seems the 9v power not enough to light it.
Thank you very much.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL