The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Inferno? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Have any of you found any good applications for Inferno gimmick?

Any thoughts, opinions are appreciated?

Steve Landavazo Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
"Inferno" is actually an imitation of Jim Pace's "Inviso-Torch." They are practically identical, but Jim created it, and his is less expensive, too. When buying this item, PLEASE do the right thing and buy from the original creator, Jim Pace.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4781 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I agree 100% Scott. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5644 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I have brought this up in large forums (ie MAGIC Magazine, EG) It always seems to get swept under the rug. It really burns me up no pun intended.

I bought Jim's when it first came out.

Tom Cutts
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I bought mine from Jim at the A-1 convention, very nice guy.

There was one problem with it when I first got it, I couldn’t stop playing with it (insert teenage boy joke here). I am going to have to buy another one because I think I wore it out playing with it so much Smile

It’s great! If you have one, you can think of all kinds of nifty things to do with it.
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Jim Pace also has a nice video out to go with his Inviso-Torch. It is full of great ideas. The video is called "Inferno Video" and sell’s for around $30

Bengi
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I’m in the same boat with Ichazod, I love playing with this, I think it's awesome. Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Sorry there Benji, but Jim has not released a video for the "Inviso-torch!" The video which you speak of is released by "Inferno" the same company that ripped Jim off!!

I have tried to get Jim to release a video, but to no avail.

ouT.

Spydur
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Oops! I thought Pace did it!!!!

Thanks for the correction!!

Bengi Smile
Jrlove
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
14 Posts

Profile of Jrlove
D**n, that sucks how they ripped Jim off. Can’t he fight for that or sue...

What’s going on these days?????

Where can I get an Inviso Torch and for how much that’s my question....

jrlove Smile

Its all an illusion
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
You can always find them on Ebay listed under the title of fire torch from empty hands.

Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Or contact Callin’s Magic and Novelties in Portland, OR. Also, my friend Dale Harvey at

http://www.discountmagic.com

can get them for you.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Does anyone know why inferno isn't being produced anymore? I know that it isn't the original, but I was still curious what happened with it. It also appears that inviso torch is in a temporary halt of production. I can't find it anywhere in stock.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Please contact me at the end of this month.I can help any one who wants one of these. Murphys Magic Supplies is the sole distributer for Inviso Torch. They have also managed to stop the sale of Inferno. Please be careful, and be eighteen when you purchase this. jimpace69@netzero.net

Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
TCorrellii
View Profile
New user
NJ..USA
3 Posts

Profile of TCorrellii
I received Pace's Inviso-Torch recently...
works great..
Takes a few strikes to get going, once filled.
But after lighting...it hits everytime.. Smile
davisjr
View Profile
New user
Colorado
64 Posts

Profile of davisjr
I am one of those that bought the Inferno model, not knowing about the Invisio Torch. That confession out of the way, does anyone know of a model or modification to use a piezo electric ignition? It seems it would be so much more reliable for a stage presentation when you wouldn't be worried about the "click". Smile
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
The piezo is what I started with as an ignition system. Unfortunatly I could not get ignition all of the time either. Try priming your INFERNO by pulling the tube slightly just before you strike the wheel, this will put a little gas into the tube. Lite that and then go!
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4046 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Jim,

I have one of your original Inviso-Torches that I bought MANY years ago, but I have long since lost the little ignition gadget (otherwise, the device is still in perfect working order).

Is it possible to get a replacement igniter?
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
505 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Let me make something straight with Inviso-Torch and Inferno...

Inferno and Inviso-Torch are not identical. In fact, Steve Sheraton, the CEO of Hottrix (makers of INFERNO), stated in I believe Magic Magazine the various differences between the two items.

Also, Inferno is not currently being sold because replacement parts were too expensive for the unit. But, I've been informed that it shouldn't belong until Inferno makes it's second debut on the market.

Also, Jim, I have emailed you numerous times at that email address regarding your Afterburn effect but have yet to get a reply. Did you ever get any of them??

-Corey
M.P.D.
View Profile
New user
illinois
54 Posts

Profile of M.P.D.
i use this gimmick to blow a fire ball for bartending... i met jim and he's a really good guy and a great magician... i have to say that i don't much like the gimmick because it breaks very quick and it sometimes doesn't go out which can lead to a very dangerous situation. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Inferno? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL