The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..14~15~16 [Next]
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Thans for the tip Bill, and thanks Eddie for making it blatantly clear Smile

I Have let it escape me so far but I will get a copy a watch it soon......
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Enough with all the high recommendations for the Almanac. Seriously, this seems like a true winner and surely on my list. Think I am going to wait till they are more readily available though. I just shelled out for Sanctum 2 since everyone gave it high marks.

AT
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Alton, you didn't order this yet? This will be one item that you'll never regret - you got the Great Seal of the Dark Illumanti for a guarantee
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
No Bruce I will admit I slipped on this one. Sounds wonderful though. I guess I need to shoot Rick an e-mail and check on lead times.

Alton
Michael Midnight
View Profile
Regular user
Southern Swamp
104 Posts

Profile of Michael Midnight
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 08:38, AltonThrash wrote:
No Bruce I will admit I slipped on this one. Sounds wonderful though. I guess I need to shoot Rick an e-mail and check on lead times.

Alton

For what it's worth, I ordered mine in October and still have not received it. The mail-man has gotten tired of my waiting at the mail box and complaining...he now just tosses the mail at me while driving away at high speed. He ruined a great fruit cake today when it bounced into the driveway. Oh well,...there's always tomorrow...I keep telling myself...
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1768 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2007-12-17 19:06, Michael Midnight wrote:

For what it's worth, I ordered mine in October and still have not received it. The mail-man has gotten tired of my waiting at the mail box and complaining...he now just tosses the mail at me while driving away at high speed. He ruined a great fruit cake today when it bounced into the driveway. Oh well,...there's always tomorrow...I keep telling myself...

That's funny - the last fruitcake that fell on my driveway cracked the cement.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
Prior poster wrote:
"I also have been waiting since October. I understand quality is more important than rushing them but I hope orders will be filled shortly for what seems to be an exciting product."

Ordered mine in October, too, and am looking forward to what sounds like an
exciting product.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 02:09, mystic1 wrote:
Prior poster wrote:
"I also have been waiting since October. I understand quality is more important than rushing them but I hope orders will be filled shortly for what seems to be an exciting product."

exciting product.

PM me your name and I'll check for you. All of the pre-orders should have been shipped because we're shipping orders of witch books out almost everyday.

At least you got a great pre-order price $50.00 for a hand aged custom book! What was I thinking!? It should sell for at least twice that.
Of course that's no excuse for not getting your book yet.

The book takes so much work to craft each one, I've had buyers tell me I'm crazy for selling it at $80.00 we may yet have to raise the price a bit because the time involved in each unit is so substantial.

If anyone wants a status on any outlaw product just send me an email or PM me, I reply to all emails the same day.

BTW, if anyone is thinking of buying the witch book and is going to wait for the "buzz" to slow down, my advice is get your order in and get in the queue.

This is a custom crafted book. No two witches books are exactly alike and at this point there are less than 200 people in the world that own one of these books.

One more BTW: I'm working non-stop right through the holidays to keep orders going out.

Happy Holidays from Outlaw Effects!
Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey Roth, stop at 1000 and say it was a limited run Smile
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
617 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Just want to report that I have received mine and it is utterly fantastic. Well worth $80 or even more. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with this. I, too, was somewhat frustrated with the wait, but once you see it, you will understand why it takes so long to produce these.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Yes, I think it is worth well over $80. I also agree with above post - stop at 1000 so we can say that we have the only few copies ever. I am proud to be in the first 200 people in the world. Sweet!

Chad
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 12:36, Chad C. wrote:
Yes, I think it is worth well over $80. I also agree with above post - stop at 1000 so we can say that we have the only few copies ever. I am proud to be in the first 200 people in the world. Sweet!

Chad

I can assure you no more than 500 people in the world will ever own this book.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 03:47, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 02:09, mystic1 wrote:
Prior poster wrote:

exciting product.

PM me your name and I'll check for you. All of the pre-orders should have been shipped because we're shipping orders of witch books out almost everyday.

At least you got a great pre-order price $50.00 for a hand aged custom book! What was I thinking!? It should sell for at least twice that.
Of course that's no excuse for not getting your book yet.

The book takes so much work to craft each one, I've had buyers tell me I'm crazy for selling it at $80.00 we may yet have to raise the price a bit because the time involved in each unit is so substantial.

If anyone wants a status on any outlaw product just send me an email or PM me, I reply to all emails the same day.

BTW, if anyone is thinking of buying the witch book and is going to wait for the "buzz" to slow down, my advice is get your order in and get in the queue.

This is a custom crafted book. No two witches books are exactly alike and at this point there are less than 200 people in the world that own one of these books.

One more BTW: I'm working non-stop right through the holidays to keep orders going out.

Happy Holidays from Outlaw Effects!
Rick

About 18 months ago I ordered the whole Outlaw package (Sanctum, Outlaw wallet and Kioku) - the whole lot didn't arrive. (!)
I e mailed after a month and Rick shipped replacements that day, which arrived to the UK within 1 week, with plenty of emails in the that short time.
I say, his customer service is great, and it;s true -he'll get back within the day if you email him.
If only 'real life' worked like that (and if only 'real life' had the same attention to detail & quality...)
[
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I too had a mailing that was taking a while, I pm'ed Rick and within a few minutes he had checked a tracking number, let me know where it was at and I was good to go. And lots of pm's to check on things as well!

And now I have one of only 500 copies of an old book that is more than it seems and may even have connections with a mysterious group known as Sanctum.

By the way, today I used the relic on someone other than my wife and they were floored by the routine! I then went straight into Sanctum and got a great reaction! I have now been asked to give them a date to perform at their Bar and Grill.

Great stuff, great indeed.

Chad
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Not sure performing Sanctum at a Bar and Grill will work due to short attention spans, but anyway refer to Sanctum - Group Dynamics in the Outlaw forum for some group entertainment.

Outlaw Effects ... changing the landscape of mentalism ... what more can one say?
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I thought I would break my vow of silence Smile and use this post for something worthy . . . and the Almanac certainly fits the bill!

Having missed my opportunity with the pre-orders, I'm in the same (waiting) boat as many of you. From the looks of this thread, I'm in great company.

Those of you who know me realize that for the most part I abstain from props and marketed items in my work. For me to make an exception, the product must be absolute - The Witches Almanac fits that criteria, for me.

I've held one of these bad-girls and the work is phenomenal. I ordered one myself and have to be patient just like everyone else. I have had the pleasure of spending time with one of these books, so in my case, the waiting is easy because I know what I'm getting into. This really sucks because I know Rick and am a loyal Outlaw customer, but I also try to bribe him and butt-ahead in the que, to no avail. *** you, Rick. *** you! Smile

From my experience, I can say that this book could/would and should fetch a higher asking price. A normal book test with far less qualities and capabilities than the Almanac would demand a similar price tag, if not more. Hell, for any aged PROP of this quality I would expect and be happy to pay more. But guess what? I don't have to, I only need to wait . . .

I know Rick is up to his elbows in orders. I also know that he appreciates each and every one of those orders and the customers they come from. His un-willingness and inability to bend even a little bit says it all. He can't play favorites (not that I would be "favored", nor does he have that luxury) and all orders are first come, first serve. I know, I checked! (Over and over again!)

In the end, I'm more than happy to wait. It's not like I purchase a ton of mentalism, so when I do, I expect a top-notch product of superior quality and inner workings. I know this is what I'll get with Outlaw and their products. I'd rather it be done right and have a tool that I know I'll use; one that looks and feels and WORKS right and allows me to express myself as a performer. This book is a work of art and one that you (and I) will be proud to own and perform for years to come.

If you've not seen an Almanac yet, you're in for a surprise! When you have it, you'll know that you would have happily waited even longer than you did, had you known what you were getting. I saw a first rate performance of the "Witch Book" and the reactions said it all. This is something incredibly special, unique and POWERFUL for your audience, guests and clients. It's rare to see an effect that can have people both screaming out loud AND going deep within themselves to reflect and contemplate. It's beautiful and dynamic, exactly what I want!

To end, I don't have enough great things to say about Outlaw and RR. In an industry where fly-by-night magic dealers and hit and miss creations abound, Outlaw is a breath of fresh air.

Roth, your tools are always welcome in my arsenal. If you are reading this right now, you suck! Smile Get back to work.

All the best,
Jerome Finley

P.S. If you are on the fence regarding an order, don't make the same mistake I did! I thought the rush would die down and I would grab one then . . . NOT THE CASE! I can see these being back-ordered for quite some time. Do yourself a favor and get in line now - it's worth the wait and yet you'll want to get this ASAP, naturally.

I'm going back to the quiet now and will not be posting again. It goes without saying that I do not work for Outlaw and I was not prompted in this message (If it helps to get my book out any sooner, great!). I'm a loyal, paying, WAITING customer, just like the next guy and I will share your joy when we all have our Witch-books in hand!
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
[quote]On 2007-12-20 17:50, docsteve wrote:
Quote:
About 18 months ago I ordered the whole Outlaw package (Sanctum, Outlaw wallet and Kioku) - the whole lot didn't arrive. (!)
I e mailed after a month and Rick shipped replacements that day, which arrived to the UK within 1 week, with plenty of emails in the that short time.
I say, his customer service is great, and it;s true -he'll get back within the day if you email him.
If only 'real life' worked like that (and if only 'real life' had the same attention to detail & quality...)

I am not sure but I think there is someone intercepting packages between here and the UK. I have lost a shipment of Tarot cards from CardShark and LC's Incorruptable in the past year. Both were replaced with great customer service as well. I see you lost Outlaw products, well at least they have good taste I guess.

AT
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On 2007-12-20 18:52, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Not sure performing Sanctum at a Bar and Grill will work due to short attention spans, but anyway refer to Sanctum - Group Dynamics in the Outlaw forum for some group entertainment.

Outlaw Effects ... changing the landscape of mentalism ... what more can one say?

No, I will not be performing this if I end up performing there! LOL! That would be quite difficult and I'm afraid it just wouldn't work! Comedy all the way!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I think its Cri$$ and gang intercepting packages to get some original materials...

Witches Almanac is so great - as I mentioned elsewhere - its the first real strolling mentalism book I have ever used... and the reason is I feel COMPELLED to want to use this tome all the time... its so freaky awesome... even the magi brethern who know it isn't "real" examine the book and comment on the aging, look, etc... that it truly looks "real"...

Plus it works in well with a ton of other mentalism spins. This thing is can provide from 5 minutes to an hour of entertainment. I'll be using it tomorrow for a small show for some youth (they love when I use tarot card effects... zoinks)....
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Isper
I too love the Witches Almanac for all of the reasons that the people here have already stated.

Yesterday, a friend of mine found it on my bookshelf and asked about it. I told him my back story for the book, how I acquired it and some of the strange properties of it as he was leafing through the book. He was so shaken that I didn$B!G(Bt even get a chance to perform with it. He just put it down and told me not to play with such things.

Great product!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL