The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Just want to let you guys know that a huge shipment of books is going out this week.
I know you boys have been waiting for your books and I'm trying to get as many out this week as I possibly can.

Have a great holiday!

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
bootsbrisket
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of bootsbrisket
I recently received my Witches' Almanac and I just feel the need to rave about it. It was definitely worth the wait. This book is a work of art. I had no idea it would be SO convincing. It's almost scary how realistic this book looks and feels - exactly as though it had been gathering dust and age under an attic floorboard for the last 70 years or so. But the realism isn't just for show - it's an important reason why this effect plays so well. The people for whom I have performed this effect have not shown the slightest sign of doubt in its authenticity. On the contrary, they have treated the book with some degree of awe, as though it were a rare and precious relic that they were worried about soiling with their fingerprints. I'm not kidding - they were actually worried about damaging it. Now just ponder that for a moment; in terms of pulling off an incredibly spooky effect, the total and utter lack of suspicion of the prop is a HUGE deal. The fact that the spectators really believe that the book they are holding in their hands is (probably) older than they are, and that it has an inherently supernatural and possibly occult-like background sets the stage for a disturbing and memorable experience they are unlikely to forget. Of course, it is up to the performer to be able to spin a convincing yarn, but the impact that the book itself has on the spectator does at least half of the work for you. The Witches' Almanac is well worth its price if only for the exquisite artistry and attention to detail alone, not to mention the brilliance behind the method. I can honestly say that the purchase of this book has delighted and satisfied me more than any other magic-related purchase I have ever made. It's THAT good!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I received my Witch Book early this morning and could not be more happy with it. I fell in love with a friends Almanac early, which is what prompted me to buy one myself. I placed my order and "took a number" so to speak . . . it was well worth the wait (as I knew it would be) and I'm even more excited about it after reading the included work and routine.

THIS IS A TRUE KNOCKOUT! I dare say this is the best marketed item I have ever purchased. I love book tests and have used MOAB and Insight to great success. The Witches Almanac will no doubt surpass them both in presentation, look and effect and for a fraction of the price. My mind is numb with all the possibilities.

Thank you Outlaw and Rick Roth for your attention to detail with your products, customer service and business ethic. It's always a pleasure doing business with you and receiving your packages. I'm definitely a fan!

All the best,
Jerome Finley
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Mine is on its way!!! Cant wait!!! hope the post man does not peek at it, he already runs off my porch for fear I will cast a spell on him. OK its my dog that makes him run!!! love my Rot!
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2912 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
The more I use it, the more I realize how extremely powerful this tool is.

Quite frightening really.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Alex, will you be adding this to your one man show??

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2912 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
No. It's quite powerful and I don't want people running out of the theater.
princehal
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
214 Posts

Profile of princehal
Well, if they already paid...
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
The waiting is torture.........

need to meditate omm 0m oom
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Hummm making them run out of the show should be an extra fee. Just use it as your closer, and I am sure the owners of the theater will be happy that you got them out on time for the next show Smile

gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2072 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Ok, I finally got Witches today (d*#%n you, Rick, for making me wait!), and I just can't put into words how cool this effect is. I had the honor of a sneak glimpse before the artwork was finalized, so I had an idea (or so I thought) of what the final product would look like, and yet I'm speechless.

I don't know where to begin... From simple mindreading effects to drawing dupes, to in-depth readings, to remote viewing... after so many disappointing purchases this year (as usual), it's great to have one far exceed my expectations. Let's put it this way- How many ads for magic effects have promised, "The possibilities are limitless"! (translation: a one-trick pony). Well, guess what? Witches is LITERALLY the first effect I've encountered where that statement is 100% accurate. This book is as limitless as the human imagination.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I could not agree more, this book is worth every penny and more. Realy I am going to buy something ells from Outlaw because now I feel bad that I only paid what I did for this book. You can just do sooo much with this its unreal.

JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Grrr...

(still waiting Smile)
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Me too. I had a pre-order that was mailed December 13 and it never got here at least not yet. Here in Canada, we have the worst postal service in the civilzed world. Anyway, Rick has graciously agreed(and has done) to send another(and we are splitting the cost of express mail). It is unlikely, I could have received this kind of service anywhere else(at least, not this quickly). Hopefully, the express item arrives this week(by Wednesday). I will post my thoughts when received. BTW, I also own several other Outlaw effects and am happy with all of them, something I cannot say for any other manufacturer/dealer. Having revamped 3 separate presentations in 07, I wil likely order very little new magic in 08 and probably only from Outlaw.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
This is indeed the BEST marketed effect I have ever purchased. hands down.

Mentalists may have some explaining to do as per the "bizarre" nature of this; Bizarrists, well, we're expected to have acquired such a macabre tome...

few days ago, it caused a fella to run from my abode, down the stairs and out the door in astonishment. I watched, as he returned, disheveled, searching his mind to make sense of it all...

its pretty safe to say, us Mage are also great at torturing the feeble mind...

thanx for the Tool Roth and Bill. I shal e'er employ it to build my Temple of Mystery....

Baba
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 11:01, JonWhite wrote:
Grrr...

(still waiting Smile)

Me too Smile
Subgenial
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Subgenial
I know that Rick is under a LOT of pressure getting these things out - I can tell just how much work there is in them just from the posts here - So I says to Rick - 'No sweat man - send my mine when you have got the backlog down a bit!' Now Gableson has his - I KNOW mine is in the post (insert smiling winking face here).
I CANNOT WAIT to get it and add my review to this thread - Not that OUtlaw *need* any more good reviews! The quality of this company is also assured by the fact that Rick keeps refusing to publish the 'Subgenial BOOK of cold ReaDinG'. So this book will have to remain on the underground, and sell for several thousand dollars.
Remember to keep the window open with all those Chemicals Rick.
'Are we here?'
Esjay Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
Halls of residence
267 Posts

Profile of Esjay Dee
Some things are worth waiting for. I have several other Outlaw products and have every faith in their quality and Rick himself. I'm cool with it.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
If you were really mentalists, you'd be able to track your package without usps.

ok. ill stop.

:)

I don't blame yall for dying for this. but when it comes, and if youre asked to choose your wife or this. with, perhaps a tear in your beer, you'll have to choose this.

its just the way it is....
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Having finally received Witches Almanac, I can testify that, as many have already posted, it is well worth the wait. The craftsmanship is super - well done Rick- now I know why these books took so long to age - they appear to be the genuine article - never seen aything like it. As for a mentalism effect, it is as good as you can get. I anticipate using this all the time. Method and workings are super - only a little memory work required. Now, if only I can figure a way to include Reflections(also a dandy effect) in the same presentation.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL