The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
Subgenial
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Subgenial
Wow looks good - cannot wait.
Also, fantastic new site - love the Noir look, and the banner is awsome!
'Are we here?'
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I give praise to the website also. Just sent in my pre-order for the Almanac yesterday. If it lives up to all the hype(and I suspect it will) this will be a steal at the offered price.
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
Between The Almanac and the rumoured Sanctum release, I'll be set for years!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
The Witches Almanac is just about ready to ship. Soooo much work goes into this book that, like I promised, the price is taking a big jump tomorrow.

Most likely $75-$80.00 shipped.

Thanks guys!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I haven't chimed in yet but I thought you folks might get a kick out of the following.

Due to Rick's severe obsessive-compulsive perfectionism, The Witches' Almanac didn't get to the printer until the 31st. He was called and told to pick up the books at 11:30P.M.

When he arrived, pages were still being churned out. His paranoia kicking in, Rick feared the worst but said nothing. Suddenly the shop went quiet.

The printer turned to Rick with a twisted grin and said, "It's Halloween, it's midnight and The Witches' Almanac is done."

You couldn't have written a better scenario for this book.

The result is the Almanacs have been bound and are being aged as I type. They will start shipping worldwide this week.

You guys are going to love this. It just keeps getting better and better.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 23:12, Bill Cushman wrote:
I haven't chimed in yet but I thought you folks might get a kick out of the following.

Due to Rick's severe obsessive-compulsive perfectionism, The Witches' Almanac didn't get to the printer until the 31st. He was called and told to pick up the books at 11:30P.M.

When he arrived, pages were still being churned out. His paranoia kicking in, Rick feared the worst but said nothing. Suddenly the shop went quiet.

The printer turned to Rick with a twisted grin and said, "It's Halloween, it's midnight and The Witches' Almanac is done."

You couldn't have written a better scenario for this book.

The result is the Almanacs have been bound and are being aged as I type. They will start shipping worldwide this week.

You guys are going to love this. It just keeps getting better and better.

We're gettin ready to get this little gem shipping this week! Thanks for your patience!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Jack got me conditioned to expect a flying monkey (which terrified me in my youth) to arrive today so I can practice blbliomancy during the commercials for tonight's exciting Phenomenon show.

Anticipating ALMANAC, Rick....so well-worth and fun the wait!

Watch how the feminine preveils tonight!

--Isso Liwok
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Can anyone advise whether the Almanac pre-orders have been shipped? Any updated info would be appreciated.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Drool....

Outlaw Toil and take the trouble

Fire Burn and Cauldrun bubble!

Where is my Book of Shadows?

Only the Roth-ifer knows!

(And I better get it soon!) hee hee
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Good news is you boys paid $55.00 for a book that is now $80.00 and most likely will go up to $90.00 shipped shortly. Why? Soooo much work goes into these its taken till now to get the first shipment out.

Here's a little skinny that I was going to save as a surprize when you recieved the book, but since I ran about 9 days past ship date I'll tell you a little more.

The Witches Almanac is all about readings, fortunes and a "psychic" connection between the "sitter" and the guest.

The book has a pocket built into the inside of the back cover that contains 5 aged tarot cards, very special tarot cards.

Not only does the book take a huge amount of time to age, it has a pocket built into the cover and we had 400 custom made Tarot cards that are hand aged.

The back story is very Ray Bradbury "Something wicked this way comes"

It will allow a mentalist, to "cross over" to the rather bizarre side, yet maintain their mentalist persona.

BTW, they start shipping today.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tone
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Tone
This will be so worth the wait!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
My friend...this is CHOICE! Top of the Outlaw food chain. I want one for sure.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
This one is at the Top of my Outlaw wish list. I too am eagerly awaiting. It has been worth it.

John
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
My mailbox is hungry and waiting.

Regards, Steve
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Roth is my hero
spinki
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of spinki
Roth,
I am actual looking for your almanac and some other stuff from you (SOM and Panther).
Because I never have bought or used a booktest- I asked you for some points. During this topic - everybody likes it ( I think because of your reputation - you also have highly mine) but I didn´t found any additional informations regarding the routine or what it looks like to handle. Your video is a nice teaser - but no really information giving for me (the basis for a "teaser")- sorry for this bad english ;-)
It may be amateurish, but where else should I asked- so, sorry in advance:
1. I am living in Germany and traveling international: Is the internal English understandable for non native English speeching people ? Is the "story" simple to understand?
2. Your personal opinion: would you personal show this booktest on a party or a bar in a hotel? Or is the "witches story" to mystic? Should I go for "Reflections"- but than I do not have the additional improvement.
Yes, Yes I know- it depends on the presentation- but I think everybody who is serious understand what I mean.
If my questions are to sensitive or ungentle,please pm me
kindly
spinki
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-11-10 02:08, spinki wrote:
Roth,
I am actual looking for your almanac and some other stuff from you (SOM and Panther).
Because I never have bought or used a booktest- I asked you for some points. During this topic - everybody likes it ( I think because of your reputation - you also have highly mine) but I didn´t found any additional informations regarding the routine or what it looks like to handle. Your video is a nice teaser - but no really information giving for me (the basis for a "teaser")- sorry for this bad english ;-)
It may be amateurish, but where else should I asked- so, sorry in advance:
1. I am living in Germany and traveling international: Is the internal English understandable for non native English speeching people ? Is the "story" simple to understand?
2. Your personal opinion: would you personal show this booktest on a party or a bar in a hotel? Or is the "witches story" to mystic? Should I go for "Reflections"- but than I do not have the additional improvement.
Yes, Yes I know- it depends on the presentation- but I think everybody who is serious understand what I mean.
If my questions are to sensitive or ungentle,please pm me
kindly
spinki

Hey Spinki,
Each entry is 3-4 lines long and fairly simple english. Presenting this book anywhere would be a treat to the spec because its so unusual. That said, you need to have a nice smooth belivable "back story", which we provide.

Reflections is a great carry around impromptu little "psychological" book test.

Witches Almanac is a presentation piece that could easily be an opener or closer for a parlour show or for walk around at party tables.

The routine is not for quick table hopping, and I don't think a restaurant setting is best for this book. Reflections is good for table hopping.

The witch book is such an unusual piece it really should be used as something special and an effect that one could give 10-15 minutes to.

BTW this book has been pre-ordered by customers from the Philippines to Spain to Indonesia and Singapore.

Hope that helps a bit Spinki

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
spinki
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of spinki
Roth,
when do you sleep? or are you in Eu located.
Thank you! I estimate something like that.
I think I will go for Almanac. I have create my own tarot cards and own ESp cards etc... Therefore it would fit- in context with Tarot.
Big thank you!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Dr S:((Checks mailbox))-- "rats..."

Random person on street: Its Saturday - no mail delivery today man...

Dr Swaves hand at random person and changes him into a puddle of strawberry jell-o... then removes the rats from the mailbox... "Darn... where is my almanac??!?"

Something Wicked this Way Comes is one of my all time Bradbury favs... Mr Cougar and Mr Dark... the Witch... the lightning Rod salesman... carnival of terror... oh yeah!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Rick, is one of the cards Mabel?
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL