The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandanna (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Has anyone had a chance to get a good look at the new Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandanna up for sale at Hocus-Pocus? What are your thoughts?

I own an older version of The Vanishing Bandana (came w/ a cassette tape). My Devil's Hank has seen better days, and I wouldn't mind an updated recording. What do you all think of the new release?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If this is the new version, I think it's still on pre-order. Should be shipping 10/15...I was one of the first to preorder and can't wait. Getting a little tired of the old one, too. I've used it close to 3000 times...

Steve
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Gentlemen,

Since this is my baby, allow me to chime in. I have sent out the pre-orders for those who have bought it from me directly. the pre-orders to hocus-pocus are in the mail and they should be receiving them shortly. I sent them regular mail mistakenly- when I should have overnighted them to Hocus-Pocus. An oversight on my part, but they will be there shortly. I'm sure once Paul gets them, they will be distributing them out to all those who pre-ordered.

Not many people had gotten an opportunity to see the hank first-hand (only those who worked on it and were close to me). I did debut the CD portion of it at the MAES convention, and those who attended Magic Funday this past weekend were able to see the full product. (packaging, hank, CD, etc). Attendees were even able to listen to the entire CD at their leisure.

Nonetheless, those who ordered it will have it shortly. We lived up to our October 15th release date.

I look forward to constructive criticism as well as hearing what people enjoy about it. I will do my best to work out any issues and improve upon it in any way possible.

I'll wait until then Smile

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I just received mine today. I must say that I’m pretty impressed with it. The most important part of this routine is obviously the CD as that is what really enhances the performance. There is more play back and forth between the performer and the recording. The recording is 7:25 and will add many laughs into the show. This is definitely going into my show.

Along with the cd you also receive a special new devils hanks which includes a removable lining making clean up much easier.

I give this product 9/10 as its going into the show.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
I have always been a fan of The Vanishing Bandanna trick and it was one of the 1st tricks I've performed on stage for a real live audience . It has played well in the past but I've stopped performing it since due to the nature of my performences these days .

I purchased the set and it arrived to day ...and boy am I REALLY impressed . Previously I wanted to purchase Magic Enhancer's Show Enhancer CD and have asked quite a number of questions to Robert Haas , all answered in a fast pace and very politely . I'm still contemplating on getting the CD due to suiteability but the customer service Haas provided was top notch . Definitely a dependable company .

As for the package , it is a huge improvement from the original Vanishing Bandanna( which by the way , came with a cassette tape,a 1 page yellow instruction and a Black Devil's Hank) . The contents of the CD was enough to justify the new price . There is now both male and female voices on both tracks. The Devil's Hank also now includes a removable pocket liner that makes the cleaning process much easier . This product is a must buy for any serious magicians wanting to add a fantastic comedy routine into their act .

After seeing the quality of their product , I'm definitely sold on getting Magio Enhancer's Customized CD .

Great Work Robert,
David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
This new version of "vanishing bandana" is GREAT! Robert has done several projects for me and I am always 100% pleased with the quality...His work is wonderful!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Very well said CODY .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I also want to personally thank you all for your kind words on the new VB. Robert and I worked very hard in tandom over the past months working on this project and trying to not settle for anything less then the best quality product we could put out on the market. It is always a pleasure working with Rob on projects and future products and I am so happy with the way this came out. Thanks again guys for your kind words.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
Can anyone describe how the devils hank is constructed?

I am wondering if it was made properly ala the way Eric Lewis published,Alan Shaxon describes in his lecture, and Steinmeyer illustrated in The Conjuring Anthology, or if the pocket is square like the Woodmagic Studios version?

Keith
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Keith,

I explain a little more about the working of the Devil's hank in another post on the Café. Just do a search for "Vanishing Bandana" and you will see it. Based on the various methods that I've seen, bought, and researched, this is a one of a kind.

It uses a parachute-lined, removable pocket insert which velcros into the main devil's hank. This allows the performer to squish the banana in a waterproof and leak-proof compartment without getting the hank itself soiled. Then, after the show, you "de-velcro" the insert, and snap a new one in (additional inserts will be available in the enar future and sold separately). As for cleaning up the spoiled insert, you just put I in the dishwasher or washing machine and you are good to go. Clean up is super easy and hassle free.

I hope this clarifies the workings of the bag even more. It sure beats the "baggie" method we have all used. Since it is parachute material, you don't get the same loud crinkle as you do with the baggie.

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Guys I'm seaching for a new opener for a stage , parlor kind of gig would this fit the bill? or would it be just to long ect
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
It would actually work out quite well. You would still need to introduce yourself in some way before hitting the stage or do so via a recording you make. This effect is geared at what I call a "personality" piece. It really gets the audience laughing and having a great time and therefor really starts to connect with you and like what you are doing. It draws an audience in.

For myself I have used this as an opening effect after my intro and it has worked great. The audience can not help but to laugh and interact with it and also feel more drawn to you through the fact that it looks like you are in trouble and have to find a way out of it.

It really allows you as the performer to show off your style and personality as you act through the routine. It shows the audience who you are and would help set the tone. I think it would work just fine. It has for me.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Joshua,

I, persnally would not use this effect as an opener. Part of what makes this routin so great is your connection to the audience. The audience needs to know who you are as a performer. Are you silly, serious, etc? I perform this in my own act, but I plce it somewhere towards the middle or end. I found it plys better fo me that way.

For an opener, you want something flashy and quick. Many different visual effects after another. You want your opener to set the stage, and have the audience respect you for your skill. Remember to respect them back Smile

That is just my opinion. I'm sure other people whill have their own.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Nice to see all of the positive reviews! I'll be placing my order soon... I really like the fact that the routine is extended! The original VB is a classic, but the recording really could stand an update and I've always wanted to make the routine go a bit longer...
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
This is what I like about the new version. It is longer and modernized with more humerous moments and more interactions between the performer and the audio recording. In the new version there is just more comedy and comical moments taking place. Also, because you are given a male and female voice, you can have the option of going in either direction based on your routine or the audience you perform for. And, because there is no background music during the voice overs, you can easily edit the track down to a shorter length if that better meets your performance needs.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I guess I'll be the first to say, I'm not 100% happy with the new version. I feel the routine is now way too long, for my tastes. While the new version does have some very good moments, especially a motivated ending, which I like alot, I think some of the bits play way too long, including the lead in music. Also, while some of the updates are entertaining and funny, I think at some other parts the narrator is just...rude and annoying. As far as the construction of the devil hank, the idea is great but the construction, again, less than pleased. The removeable pocket, on mine, is white while the hank is blue. So, while folding the hank to create the pocket and while squishing the banana, you have to be careful not to flash the white pocket. If the white pocket is flashed, this causes a discrepancy. I used it 3 times this weekend and the banana "juices" bled through to the outer part of the hank which I thought wouldn't happen with the material of the inner pocket...but it does. The outer hank is now discolored and will have to be replaced.
As an aside, a yellow silk is supposed to be included, which I didn't receive. This, however, was not really a big deal, as I have more than enough yellow silks laying around.
I will say that I have gotten some good ideas on the script and the construction of the inner pocket that I didn't or wouldn't have thought of myself. I can/will use these ideas to tailor the routine to my liking, so that was a benefit. But on the whole, not happy.
This is the first time I've commented in this section.
Patrick
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

I'm trying to come up with a new pieace for my routine....

now I know they are both way different.... but if you had to choose one

would you go with half dyed silk or this new version of bandanna. I think I can make either work, but I'm having sever indiscion and I'm hoping people more experienced then I could offer suggestion
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Patrick,

Why would the outer cloth hank need to be replaced instead of just being washed? My original "dark square of fabric" has been washed (sometimes in the bathroom sink of a library post-show) thousands of times.

Steve
bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
Hi guys,

I've also had problems with the banana seeping through the liner as well. It simply doesn't work. What is the purpose of the liner if it doesn't stop the banana from staining the hank? I think the action of squeezing the banana may be causing this, so I am going to try it again without actually squeezing the banana. I may just have to go back to using a baggie inside the hank!

-=Chris
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Well I'm glad I'm holding off on this for a while, will be interested to see how this develops
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandanna (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL