The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandanna (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Robert is a great guy to deal with! I forgot to post (a long time ago, matter of fact) that all has been made well with my deal. I do have the bandana, also the silk, and I bought an extra pocket to go with it!

Buy with safety that he's NOT gonna leave you hanging.

Steve
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 10:55, Magic Enhancer wrote:
Joshua,

I, persnally would not use this effect as an opener. Part of what makes this routin so great is your connection to the audience. The audience needs to know who you are as a performer. Are you silly, serious, etc? I perform this in my own act, but I plce it somewhere towards the middle or end. I found it plys better fo me that way.

For an opener, you want something flashy and quick. Many different visual effects after another. You want your opener to set the stage, and have the audience respect you for your skill. Remember to respect them back Smile

That is just my opinion. I'm sure other people whill have their own.

Robert Haas

I agree with Robert. I have used this for over 10 yrs. as my closer, but I don't think it would serve well as an opener. It is sort of like slapstick and I personally feel you need to establish your character as well as demonstrate some skill at the outset.
smittymagic
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of smittymagic
If your tired of leaking banannas use a Glad sandwich bag...put the bananna in it as you say EEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! the afterwards...Zip it shut, garbage and move onto the next show.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Smitty, I have been using that for years, and that's why I created my own version. Using sanwhich bags didn't cut it for me. For me, there were too many problems. It made a loud noise, and I had a hard time getting it stay in one place. It would sometimes also fold over or leak out. I was definitely able to hear the crunching of the bag when squeezing the banana. These shortfalls is one of the reasons what inspired me to revamp the old method and create this newer updated version.

Our version has the parachute pocket sewn and velcroed in. That mena syou can remove the pocket after every performance, and not worry about getting messy. In fact, you don't even have to touch the banana to clean up at all. If anyone is interested, our web site has all of the new changes / updates listed.

Robert Haas

PS- By the way, this is my 1,000th post. Hooray!
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok I am inthis late in the game. I purchased this and recieved it yesturday. I have been doing Vanishing bandanna for a number of years and do enjoy doing the routine. This recording is too long and well it talks to you as if it were seeing you do the mentioned bits and frankly that is jsut not all that funny. The idea is that it should sound and look like a mail order magic item. Why would the recording seem to know what you are doing right or wrong? It kills the whole bit. Having said that the cloth is quite nice I guess. The smash ending is well not there for me so in the end I am not impressed at all with this item at the price. The old addage holds true here as always "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
Z
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Magician of the century
View Profile
New user
Washington
57 Posts

Profile of Magician of the century
I also own this the amazing mystical vanishing bandanna and the murphy's magic suppy one. And as soon as I heard the recording on the new one, I was not happy with what I was hearing, it sounded a bit dry:( The original was much better even the devil"s hanky looked better than the new one. However I do like the ripped and repaired dollar bill effect on the new cd:) Ive used it twice when I preform for my drag queen magic shows:)
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
You mean like Cashetta does?
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
After reading all of this positive feedback, I just ordered mine on line from Elmwood magic a few minutes ago.
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
387 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Just ordered one too for the same reason thumbtip. Sounds like a good closer to my stage act.
Regards,
Silverthorne
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Old post reborn my feeling is like most. The track is WAY to long the intro needs to be cut. Why not offer a shorter version with the other track on the cd?

How hard would it be to cut a shorter track?

Then all this complaining would go away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandanna (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL