The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism with a memorized deck (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
wmental
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of wmental
Hello powerfull guys ! ;-)

Really the memorized deck is incredible and powerful weapon in the mentalism.
I create my system “mnemonic deck” – based in Tamariz Job, because in my country (Brazil) peoples not know classic deck games (Black Jack or Poker ) but another games (Truco and Caixeta).
Also, witch this deck is possible make very another effects (including “invisible deck” effect ;-)).
After I create my “Wmental mnemonic”, y filled another decks.
Today I use two decks in my job.
Normal and memorized. (Change all the time).
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Sean Taylor's Symbology deck is awesome. Marked and stacked, you can blow away people by doing a different peak with each spectator. And, of course, the reveal performance that really sells it.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
[/quote]
It's in a few of his lecture notes including Card Tricks for those that don't like card tricks and some for those who do.
You can also find my take on it by going to Osterlind's website and following the thread on the ODDS effect.
Greg
[/quote]

Greg
Thanks for that
Cheers
TJ
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
[/quote]
It's in a few of his lecture notes including Card Tricks for those that don't like card tricks and some for those who do.
You can also find my take on it by going to Osterlind's website and following the thread on the ODDS effect.
Greg
[/quote]

Greg
Thanks for that
Cheers
TJ
kosmoshiva
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
255 Posts

Profile of kosmoshiva
I'm using a complete tarot deck stack using a variation of BCS. The standard way of doing a tarot reading is to take the first ten or so cards right off the top of the deck after cutting, one at a time. To be able to 'look ahead' and predict which cards are going to arrive in which position is a complete zinger. Besides, no one can shuffle tarot cards beyond a simple overhand.
Don't forget to breathe.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-10-31 16:05, kosmoshiva wrote:
To be able to 'look ahead' and predict which cards are going to arrive in which position is a complete zinger. Besides, no one can shuffle tarot cards beyond a simple overhand.

What is a zinger, please?
TJ
:)
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
386 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Bumping this thread because it’s of interest to me and I feel like we’ve only just begun the discussion.
Thanks for contributing your ideas about memorized deck mentalism.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1371 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
FYI, there's an entire section of the Café dedicated to this topic... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......05&16239
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism with a memorized deck (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL