The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation CDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Manipulation CDs are of course higher priced that regular CDs. They are twice as thin. The two things I'm worried about are if they break easy while dropped during practice. And do they scratch easy as the regular ones do? Anyone experience with these yet?
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I USE MY OWN CD'S..Howard
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It looks like I am going to be the first to review the Manipulation CDs. I already ordered them. I will bring up the survey in a few days.
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
I used regular cd's, Eddie Ray sale's is a good dvd on cd manipulation.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I got his DVD too. I enjoy it myself. But because I am so interested in manipulating CDs, I am also going to try: "Laser Anywhere Volume 1 - Adrian Man." I might find something new. For example the "Split-Fans." Check out the review on: http://magic.about.com/od/magicreview/fr/020107CDDVD.htm
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just ordered the DVD too. I will keep you guys updated.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The ones I have are tough and I've not had a problem with them breaking. Look in the review section for reviews on DVDs and the manip CDs.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks MagicSanta. I did read your survey.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I'll give it an A-
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Have you received your set yet, Mike?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yea, I got the CDs and the Laser Volume 1 DVD. The CDs are so light. It is hard for one to crack while being dropped. They scratch easy like regular CDs. But it is ok because I got 30 pk. I can always practice with the scratched CDs. They are easier to manipulate than regular CDs. They really are twice as thin as a regular CD. Bending them is not made for any rountines. But they can be bent to a 90 degree angle without breaking. The basic moves are easy to do. But it comes to the moves regarding a rountine, it gets diffucult. The back of the CDs are black. It is a good advantage and disadvantage. The holes are bigger. That is what I like best about them. Practicing puts the excersise on the fingers, wrist and forearm.

The DVD is a good one. I am going to have to put it above Eddy's(Sorry Eddy). It looks like certain things were learned from Eddy's DVD. I would still recommend getting Eddy's DVD too. The DVD also shows how to do rountines with Jumbo Cds (Laser Disc). I am surprised the company does not sell those too, they sell the mini and thin CDs. There could of been more on the DVD explaining a substance we should use on our hands to make the CD easier to grip. The DVD could of been better.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I would suggest enlarging the holes of those CDs, Mike. It would help in the routining. If you were to observe the CDs used in the DVD the holes are enlarged but were never mentioned in the teach-in.

I enlarged all the center holes and the 'modified' Tenkai palm would be easier and you can grip more CDs.

Hope this helps.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Adrian does mentions the holes are larger. The most important reason is for the "CD Transfer" move.

Another thing I am surprised the company do not sell is CD body holders. He does describe how to make a certain one.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I have both volumes of Adrian's DVD and he does not mention quite a few things.

Unfortunately the holes are still not large enough. Having enlarged the holes more I can now execute the continuous productions with both hands with more CDs per hand. It really makes a big difference.

And I agree with you that, unfortunately, he does not sell those big laser disk. They would be great additions. Adrian does a good job with those big ones and very visual too.

How is your development of the CDs manipulation routine getting on, Mike? Would be great to see it in action. They are really visual and I like them too.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I have been practicing for a couple of days for many hours. I am even practicing with one hand while presently on the computer.

Is the second volume worth getting too?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I bought quite a few packs of his regular size and mini cds, and both dvd volumes.

The second volume focuses on the mini cds. The mini cds routine looks quite cute and they are certainly easier to manipulate. Besides the basics and routining, he touches on changing shapes too.

The structure of my routine has a diminishing part and a bit of mini cds productions and then enlarging it back again to continue with the regular size manipulation. It is a pity he does not sell the laser disc sizes. Otherwise they look good for closing the routine.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just got finished ordering 6 "used" laser disc over the internet. I will order his mini CDs and Voulme 2 at a later date.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The mini CDs are easier to manipulate and its like playing with coins slightly larger than the dollar size.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Hey guys, if your interested in a unique CD effect to add into you're existing routine check out the link in my sig. You may also get the ebook from me directly, just pm me. Snap, broken and restored CD, $7.99.

Laser Discs are hard to come by, I was lucky enough to find the ones I got in a pawn type shop for cheap but that was several years ago.

Peace,
ER
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Oh, hi Eddy. We were just talking about you a few days ago. It is good to hear from you. I also have your DVD with the sponge ball manipulation. I love it.

I did look at the video on the website about the broken and restored CD: http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=16/ I will purchase it today. Since you brought that up to me, how about making a book/DVD about "Linking"/"Penetrating"/"Floating" DVDs? Remember, you the man.

Thanks,
Dynamike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation CDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL