The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cub Scouts Magic Theme in April (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
My son's Webelos den leader moved during the summer and I was asked to step up and fill the position, which I'm doing (because 4 hours a night was just way too much time wasted on sleep).

I just wanted to let everyone know that the theme in April for Cub Scouts is "Abracadabra." It's not uncommon to book "Blue & Gold" banquet gigs (usually in February), but this is another opportunity. I'm already booked for our April Pack meeting.

Here's info from BSA official literature:

Cub Scouts love to amaze and be amazed! Boys discover secrets of the magician's art this month as they demonstrate magical illusions and learn new tricks with cards, coins and other everyday objects. The Cub Scout Magic Book is a great resource for age-appropriate tricks and puzzles. Visit a magic shop or have a magician come to your den or pack meeting to teach the boys a few tricks of the trade. Prepare to watch in wonder at the pack meeting as your Cub Scouts entertain their audience with skits, stunts and sparklers that they have practiced at den meetings. The Cubmaster uses the magic of ceremonies to pull awards from his hat at the mystifying pack meeting magic show.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, I have been asked to do my Grandson's cub meeting that month also.

Should be a lot of work of guys. Also a good chance to get some kids involved in something positive.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I'm afraid I'm largely to blame for Magicbob's lack of sleep; I keep cracking the whip to get him to finish up his "I Hate Card Tricks" e-Book which he is publishing as an Independent Author on the Magic Nook Web site. I'm also trying to get him to write THE definitive book on performing magic for Scouts- Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, Brownies and Girl Scouts. But that will have to wait because he has several other writing projects ahead of this, interspersed with occasional articles for The Wizards' Journal. Drop by and check out some of his ideas.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
Two words:
Nutty Neckerchief
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
These colors are sometimes hard for Blue/Gold magicians to find. If your retailer is out, I do have a few 18" professional 20th Century Silk sets in blue and yellow imported especially for Blue/Gold magicians.

Also there are some of the good ceramic sucker silk to egg prop sets with blue and yellow silks and matching stickers.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Knots-Off Silk and solid color streamers are always available in blue, yellow and gold (school bus yellow).
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Professor Spellbinder
I hate card tricks too, so why don't you give us an idea of what this e-book is all about.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I watched Mike Bent's lecture at Kidabra and can tell you that this is a great routine.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2007-10-11 09:27, Al Angello wrote:
Professor Spellbinder
I hate card tricks too, so why don't you give us an idea of what this e-book is all about.

Just hop on over to my web site, The Magic Nook, and click on the "I Hate Card Tricks" link. It's best to let Magicbob tell you about his book in his own words, and he has descriptions of each effect posted there. In brief, he uses the Royalty Cards (Jack, Queen, King) as assistants to do mini card illusions that get about as far away from card effects as you can go while using all the card magician's skills.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Magicbob:
Don't let Spellbinder work you too hard. I'm glad you have doubled the number of Card Effects available on The Magic Nook. Card Magic was never Spellbinder's strong point, but your stuff is really good and different from the run of the mill card effects. I hope to get back into the woodshop and finish another Hardboard Magic Book before Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come nup with in your Kard Tricks for Kids book which is next in line for publication.
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Two words:
Nutty Neckerchief
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cub Scouts Magic Theme in April (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL