The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Midsize Duke's Dye Version (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Last year, I bought the instructions from Abbott's (they are also, in much shortened form, in Trimble's Vol. 4 of The Rice "Encyc. of Silk Magic" series of books) and have meant to buy a set from Abbott's or put one together; they do sell just the gimmick and just the streamers seperately if you want to go that route.

The set I just made up uses a 6" X 12' rainbow streamer, five different colored 12" silks, and conveniently enough, a P***o, which does the job nicely. I'm about to test the routine in an hour or so at one of my preschools and a big family hospital event I'm doing on Sunday, and this set-up looks like it should be just fine. I'll likely get the complete 24' streamer set from Abbott's at some point, but this set I made clocked in at $50, and the streamer is a good size for smaller hands and smaller classrooms.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Tommy Windsor always had a 12' streamer for the stage where the 24' was just too big. It is a good routine that still plays well. Tommy also printed a message inside the paper so when it was unrolled it referenced the occasion or advertiser.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just performed it a couple days ago at one of the schools I visit and then again tonight at a magic club - it went over really well, and I'm going to be using it with a printed message tomorrow (today at this point) at a hospital reunion for the kids (and their families) who went through neo-natal intensive care there when they were born. I had read about Tommy Windsor's 12' version, and it seems not to diminish the effect at all - it gets lots of wows from kids and adults, and surprisingly, a bunch of the magician at the club were caught off guard by it as well. It's a winner in my book!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Midsize Duke's Dye Version (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL