The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Svengali half pitch or wait for full pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
I purchase the Don Driver Svengali Pitch. Its very informational and I am very happy with the purchase. My question is to purchase the decks on tape you need a resale license. I was able to find 7 decks at the dollar store and wondered if I I could try to pitch it at the fleamarket this weekend and just sell the decks or should I wait for decks and two-card monte?

Thanks
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
7 decks aren't going to last you two pitches,wait and get some stock.

Don
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Don so wait until I have two-card monte as well? Again great dvd.

Thanks Shel
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Starting before you are ready leads to frustration.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...don't rush it. Take your time, get your pitch down and gather all the stock you'll need.

Don't even try to do this, or anything else, half way. Give it your all and make it your best. You'll be glad you waited and did it right the first time.

Good luck. Mark.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Thanks everyone. It will probably be a couple of weeks until I get everything ready. After I have had a day of pitching I will post my results.

Thanks
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Don't forget that while you need a State resale license to purchase items wholesale without paying sales tax, you also need the resale license in order to be able to collect sales tax when you resell the decks at retail. In fact, at least in New Jersey, you are required to have a copy of the resale license visible when and wherever you are selling. I taped mine to the side of my pitch table, so I don't have to worry about forgetting it. Some shows also require you to provide a copy of your resale certificate with your application before they will let you have booth space or a table.

If you happen to be caught at a flea market, craft show or street festival selling without a resale license, your friendly State Sales Tax agent will not be happy, and can shut you down and fine you for the uncollected and unpaid sales tax, plus interest and penalties.

I know you're anxious to get started, but if I were you, I'd wait for the resale license to come through. In many states you can register online and get a temp certificate within 24 hours, it's not a big deal. In the meantime, you can always practice your DL's. Smile SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:

On 2007-07-03 11:02, DonDriver wrote:
Fitz,

The only way to make them yourself is to take the ones that need cut to a printer and let them do it.Its really cheap and most of all FAST.You don't have to have the cornors rounded.They work just as well with a .square cornor on one end.

Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

Don

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I make 50-100 decks a week-takes 2 hrs for 50

Like Don says-I go to a professional guillotinist at a print company & in 12 mins have 50 decks done

I cut- 1 mm from them & like Don leave the corners straight!!

Works great

Hope this helps!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Svengali half pitch or wait for full pitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL