The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » C/S Transpo by Steve Dusheck / Digital Dissolve (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
After reading much about the heat on Digital Dissolve and the Steve Dusheck issue, I decided to take Steve's 1982 lecture dvd into consideration. I'll be purchasing it soon but I have a few questions.

I'd really like to learn and perform his C/S Transpo / Digital Dissolve effect. I'd like to ask if are the gaffed coins easy to construct? Or are they a bunch of gaffed coins that I put together as a set. On the website of Steve Dusheck said "The purpose of my lecture was for magicians to see how the tricks were made so they could make them themselves." Does that mean I could easily construct the coins for the C/S Transpo effect?
To the people who own this effect, do I really need to get Digital Dissolve just for the coins?

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
One coin gaff. Steve Dusheck's improvement on the ], denoted L on other threads here.

Steve's DVD is full of wonderful ideas and things to explore.

And by the way, if you like chocolate coins you can have more options than you might expect.

;)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
If you by the gaff seperatly you will have a much better one... the one DD comes with is poor quality
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Hi,

I have one of Steve's C/S gaffs and can second Joshua's comment. I threw my DD in the bin when I found out about the background on this forum (sadly now all deleted).

Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Kyf,
I've been told by higher powers that the topic has been removed for cleaning purposes but will return!
George,
Steve's DVD is a treasure trove of wonderment and it does tip the making of the gaff in question along with others. Keep in mind that this vid was done in 82 with no fancy editing and fortunately no head banger music. Oh, and Steve doesn't wear eye make up! LOL
My personal feeling on buying DD and Steve's DVD is counter productive if you want to stay true to the creator and it's been mentioned here and in several other threads, the DD gaff if lesser quality. The gaff CAN be made if you have some tinkering skills and a little patience. Mine fools everyone just right!
Jon, I love your mention of the choc. coins and OH YEAH some fun can be had with them or foil transfers. Me personally..... do the "ooppssss Drop Move" with cheaper brand tricks like double sided coin, sun and moon etc. and you will have all the extras you need!
Mick
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

George, if you own a sun/moon coin you can probably do what needs to be done ahd have the gaff you want fairly easily. And let's leave detailed discussion for PRIVATE MESSAGES on this.

I'm hoping you've already sent an email about buying his lecture DVD to Steve Dusheck and if not... please do and give him my regards too.
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Quote:
On 2007-10-12 11:47, MickeyPainless wrote:
Kyf,
I've been told by higher powers that the topic has been removed for cleaning purposes but will return!

Excellent.

Regards,

Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1302 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Johnathon Page 633 of Pallbearers is the mention of this gaff for the first time.

The dd is a bit on the thin side and the ones you get when you order just the gimmick are much thicker and more durable.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Thank you everyone for your support.
I really want to support ORIGINAL creators. What theory11 had done with Steve's routine is really unethical and could damage their reputation. I hope they notice that.

Jon, I'll send your regards to him. Smile

Thanks again for the advice guys. This is why I love the Café. Smile
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-10-12 17:15, Mobius303 wrote:
Johnathon Page 633 of Pallbearers is the mention of this gaff for the first time. ...

Thanks. Is this the Bob Eliot item? Did the gaff ever get mentioned again in Pallbearers?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4095 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Steve Dusheck will be our guest at COIN SEMINAR 5, health permitting (OCT 27th-28th, at Marc DeSouza'a magic theatre in King of Prussia, PA, outside of Phili). It will give attendess an opportunity to ask about the history and use of all coin gaffs, and to meet a true coin innovator and gaff master. click on this link for further information: http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/CoinSeminar.htm
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

That's wonderful Michael. I hope Steve is up to participating. I hope folks get to meet him. He is both amazingly creative and also open and good natured - makes you feel good just to be around him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » C/S Transpo by Steve Dusheck / Digital Dissolve (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL