The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Eliminator Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim David
View Profile
Regular user
MA
164 Posts

Profile of Tim David
Anyone have this deck?

Very strong effect.

However, does the creator not realize that this can also be done with a standard Eight Kings stack (which has the benefit of being examined)?

I won't tip the original method (I admit, it is slightly easier than using a stack), but I will share my routine using the Eight Kings stack.

http://www.themagicteacher.com/articles/......s-Killer
Go spread some wonder

http://www.TimDavidMagic.com
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I think you have invented a new principle in doing 'Deal & Drop' twice continously. First 'Deal & Drop' is to select two cards freely. And the second 'Deal & Drop' is to Force positions to place the two selected cards.

A very nice idea.

Based on this principle, I conceived a different effect and posted it in my thread 'Today's Finding'. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hideo Kato
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
This is a wonderful effect. Easy to remember too, unlike certain other stack effects that have a similar effect on two spectators at once. I wrote it straight into my notebook. (The good leather bound one where the nicest stuff is) Smile

One thing tho. If I am to nitpick a little, the use of "a bit of mind reading" may not be the way to go since the spectator himself doesn't know the value of his card. Hence you cannot read his mind to learn it.

I'm mentioning it just in case someone reads it and takes it literally and performs the trick saying "errrr... the card you're thinking of is..."

Good one! Thank you!
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Grampa Wizard
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Grampa Wizard
Cool stuff, Tim. And Noobini, you are so right. Not really mentalism, this
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Has this link been removed? I click on the link and find no card trick with eight kings.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Same here, Dennis. ???
Magic is a vanishing art.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11971 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great thread, thanks!

Decomp
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Eliminator Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL