The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Cleaning Warning (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all,
Recently a member of this board (who shall remain nameless) did a very good deed and I thought of a little thank you to him in return.

So I have a few English Pennies, half pennies etc... so, set about cleaning two Pennies and a Half Pennie to send him.
Queen Victoria on One and George on the other... love story blah, blah, blah.

I did my highly scientific Daddies Brown Sauce soaking routine and went on about my day. I returned later and found to my horror ...a horrible green layer had developed over the coins and they did not look happy.

I quickly washed them in water and found that the copper coating had completely lifted off leaving them dull and old looking.

This process could of course be an advantage to someone requiring older looking coins, but in my case this was not the intended result.

So beware all you Coin Guys and don't leave your copper coins in brown sauce too long.

Regards Alan

P.S. Makes you wonder what it's doing to my stomach lining!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Cleaning Warning (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL