The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Mysterious spread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I've already posted this message on the main card forum without a single reply!! I'm hoping for better luck here!

Many years ago I was watching the Paul Daniels Magic show and he performed a card trick. I can't remember anything about the card trick but he did something that caught my eye. He sort of threw the cards on the table and they seemed to perform a sort of spread turnover as they fell across the table.
Now I have never seen or heard anything like it since, and I am beginning to wonder if my eyes were playing tricks on me! Can anyone throw any light on the matter?
Mark
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
My English is very bad, but I could understand all of what you explained. I think you are talking about a gaffed deck that is in the market. It allows you to spread the cards perfectly, and do perfect waterfalls and so on with any sleight technique.

Are you talking about this?

If not, I think I have some tapes of Paul Daniels shows; would you mind telling me which year you saw it in?

All the best in magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Thanks for the reply Pablo. I don't think Paul was using a gaffed deck, but it was so many years ago I can't really be sure about anything. I am beginning to wonder if I really saw what I thought I saw! Unfortunately I have no idea what year the show was from, either. Never mind, if I ever meet Paul, I'll ask him!
Mark
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Sure, it will be the best option to ask him. Smile

I am sorry that I not could help you, but I continue thinking that it should be a gaffed deck. Maybe Paul didn´t use one, or maybe he did.

All the best in magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Mysterious spread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL