We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coin Hidden in Hand Trick done by Jason Alexander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Any sign of the Alexander clip?
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
It's in the reelmagic dvd.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-10-19 21:52, mrmagic0 wrote:
John:

I am sure you will like the CPII

Ron

Got it Saturday. Yup, you're right. I do like it!!

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Leyser 2020, or midas will very simply accomplish this. - and I have it on good authority that derren did.

childs play 2 looks good I may buy one.

cobra sharpie is very interesting too.

eye to eye is a pain, - I like many before me ended up in hospital casualty with it stuck inside my ear canal ! four hours later after minor surgery it was removed. charles did kindly refund my money though.

incidently midas 2 is about to be released, it can detect which hand, AND heads or tails up, with an ungimicked spectators own coin, no practice needed !
- so "relic" owners queue here !
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
969 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
As far as I know Midas 2 can NOT detect heads or tails with an ungimmicked coin.
And I think it's built into a watch.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
CORRECTION;

midas2 CAN DEFINATLY detect any shimmed magnetic coin of any denomination from about 6 inches.
so yes you may choose to switch the spectators coin.

AND it WILL DEFINATLY detect heads or tails.

sorry for the misunderstanding.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1526 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
John:

I am glad you like the CPII. We have had nothing but great comments on this. There are many magicians/mentalists from all over the world who are currently using the CPII. Many of the names would be known to this forum. I just wish I could tell who they were.

Ron
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
969 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 12:42, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
CORRECTION;

midas2 CAN DEFINATLY detect any shimmed magnetic coin of any denomination from about 6 inches.
so yes you may choose to switch the spectators coin.

AND it WILL DEFINATLY detect heads or tails.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh... allright!
Cheers mate
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Sorry to dig this out from the grave... anyone know any new news about midas 2.0?
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
EYE to EYE removal problems
I have found there is an easy way to get out the Eye to Eye gimmick: a very strong big (2" x 2") magnet. I use the small size which I was sent free of charge as promised in the instruction (Thankyou very much Charles) as I could not use the normal size, and true, without the big magnet I could not get out the gimmicks, but now there is no problem whatsoever.

MIDAS
That seems to be one trick about which there is very little and partly controversial information on the MC. It would be a great achievment if James Cheung would have been able to shrink the present detector to fit into a watch like the creators of Child's Play II. I may have received a substandard unit, but the range claimed seems to be overly optimistic even with the present size. Could anybody confirm the specs given by the manufacturer having been achieved ?

CHILDS PLAY II
with the watch is excellent, but I would not use the Listerine gimmick as it does feel too heavy. There are other objects that work well like the magnetic eggs or medallions.

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Its midas, Any metal object. He disguises the movements with his left hand very well in order to find out which hand contains the coin. Every movement is different. I especially like the crossing hands, very nice touch and logical. The midas is on his left arm
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 09:05, mesmer wrote:
Hope this might help

since you don't need to carry expensive electornics gimmicks or rely on Wording to do this type of effect....its Not exactly "Where is the Coin hidden" kind of effect but its almost the same...I think Better...The spectator gues/read your mind of what object that you hold in your hand

so here is a brief explanantion

Just Bought FreaKey directly from Greg....fast shipping and Great Customer Service...since Greg Himself reply my mail when he was in Australia giving Lecture

its been in my Bag Pack for the last three months...and I still havent find the right sturcture for my Act to do this and the right Motivation to do this....Im now in the process of writing the Srcipting of this Effect.....

since I bill my self as a Hypnotist/Psycological Illusionist... you wont see me making the Key Jump from one hand to the other...or let alone Change Colour!

I will be using this as a 50-50 chance games using the Cooper & the Silver Key...I was thinking maybe put sum amount of money as a wager

I hand out different key but with the same colour as to my Freakey Set (Cooper & Silver) to the Spectator, ask them to hold both Keys in each hand behind their back

now they will Read my tiny clues and Non Verball signal, so they try to match wich colour of the key taht I put in my Righ hand...and of course they are right

this is just a minor Twist of Freakey handling by Danny Archer

Im still working out the BIG finish for this Performing Piece....

I end with a Kicker Prediction/Statement where in the 50-50 games I do 8 repetitions of wich colour key in my Right hand and the Spectator make total of four mistakes

wich actualy they DO NOT make a mistake at all since after the game I'll show them my prediction/Statement that indeed I will influence them to make a total of Four Mistakes

hope it helps

Very nice and very convincing to the spectator. I am looking forward to receiving my keys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Coin Hidden in Hand Trick done by Jason Alexander (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL