The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Thumb tip flame (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
I am working on a trick where it would be ideal to be able to produce a flame from seeming nowhere. Here is the question, is the "thumb tip flame" a thumb tip like lighter?
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
No. A thumb tip flame is used to "grab" a flame in your fingertips.
For flames out of nowhere, you need things like fickle fire (Large, hard to vanish devices, but decent sized fire from the palms), Jim Pace's inviso torch (3" to 5" flames and easy to vanish) or Kevin Lepine's portable flamethrower (BIG fire, easy vanish)
Hope this helps!
Gwyd
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Thanks this helps alot. Sorry I posted in the wrong section. Thanks Again
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Many, _many_ years ago, I had a metal thumb tip with a wick for "grabbing" a flame off a candle. Can anyone tell me the marketed name or where one can be acquired these days?

thanks, Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
You can get them at most brick and mortar shops. Pretty inexpensive and easy to come by. You can even find them on e-bay searching for Vernet Thumbtip Flame .
Gwyd
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Is the Vernet Thumb tip flame any good? Or can you reccommend a good thumb tip flame? I had one made of plastic once, and it started melting away.

Thanks
Yours,

Ivan
Magi51
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Magi51
I haven't been impressed with the tt flames I've seen.
I guess I always feel like they should be made bettor or differently.
And when you use them they always look like you are just hiding a candle behind your fingers.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
I think using a copper/metal TT could help solve the melting problem.
Another gimmick..called flames at finger tips is like a reversed 'catch a ciggarette/disappear cigarette gimmick) with one end fixed to the distal phalynx of ur finger and other end has a 'wick'.I saw them at <funtimeinnovations.com> or e-mail <samdalal@vsnl.com>.
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
You could always make your own; I wanted one with a wick in a different spot so I took a rivet, a drill bit, a TT, some wick from an oil burner and some cotton. Put it all together, you get the idea. Now you have one built custom to you.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Quote:
On 2007-11-04 11:42, niva wrote:
Is the Vernet Thumb tip flame any good? Or can you reccommend a good thumb tip flame? I had one made of plastic once, and it started melting away.

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem, but I've never seen a metal one for sale?

Shame.
mikeybionic
View Profile
New user
san francisco
31 Posts

Profile of mikeybionic
There's a method for making your own fire tt on fantasio's lecture at the magic castle volume 2. it uses a plastic tt, but if you don't keep it lit for too long (longer than a minute), there shouldn't be a problem. at very least, the method gives us magicians something to do with our neglected tts.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I got one of these but with no instructions. On the box it shows some one transferring a flame from hand to hand. Can this be done with the gimmick I got? Could someone PM me with instructions please?
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Just watch how Valentino exposes the Thumbtip Flame on AXN.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Tom Ogden uses one for a beautiful vanish of a Fantasio Candle.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe you are looking for Kukuchi Thumb Tip Fire. It gives a flame in the palm of the hand. Do a search on Google there is only one place on the web that sells it.

The trick utilites the vanish and appearance of a silk, you do not need to use the silk if you do not want to.
rantaak
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of rantaak
I just use my real thumb. Looks better up close.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Thumb tip flame (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL