The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » One Fine (Rainbow) Deck! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Question... would the cards in this deck provide me with what I need to perform Bro. J. Hamman's 'New Hue' (I believe that is the name of the effect) with bicycle backs? Just curious if any one knows...

Thanks,
Kex
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Besides Red and blue there is one each: green, yellow, burgandy,black, orange, purple & brown in regular bikes. They are faced; A, 2 Hearts; Q Diamonds; j,5,2 Clubs; 4,10 Clubs.
By the way the black circle back Tally-Ho is a strikingly beautiful card, USPC should add it to the line.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
George 
View Profile
Regular user
New York
133 Posts

Profile of George 
Quote:
On 2007-11-16 12:14, ringmaster wrote:
the black circle back Tally-Ho is a strikingly beautiful card, USPC should add it to the line.

Murphy's Magic produced a run of Black Tally Ho decks, both Circle and Fan Backs. I ordered a few of them and I agree, there is an elegance about black and white that I find appealing.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
RE: Rainbow Deck...
Quote:
On 2007-11-15 22:03, Kex wrote:
Question... would the cards in this deck provide me with what I need to perform Bro. J. Hamman's 'New Hue' (I believe that is the name of the effect) with bicycle backs? Just curious if any one knows...

Thanks,
Kex

Nope. But that doesn't lessen its value in the least. You really need to see it to appreciate it.

Quote:
On 2007-11-15 20:59, Robert M wrote:
Does anybody have a great routine to use with the Martini Rainbow deck?

Robert

Robert,
Are you familiar with the Wakeman book? Several top notch items to explore.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Yes, I'm familiar, thanks. I like several routines in the book. I also like Frank Garcia's routine, and the Marlo & Vernon CC Deck routines, which are similar. I've been researching cc deck routines for quite a while, and I'm still searching for the "ultimate" rainbow cc deck routine. I'd like to use this as a closer in a close-up card routine, so it's got to be a "10".

Thanks,
Robert
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
If you find any particular winners, please let me (us) know.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
This is such a great trick. Where can I get the bike ones??
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Magiguy,

Thanks for the answer.
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I went to Marty's lecture last night in Mechanicsburg PA. Picked up a rainbow deck. He told us some of the story of getting that thing printed, and believe me, at $15 it's a steal, so take advantage of that Café special folks.

If you have the chance to get to a Martini lecture, jump at it. Just take a notebook. He doesn't sell lecture notes on this one. (This was a lecture on actually USING gaffed cards, not the making of them) This may be old hat for you old pros, but I only dabble in cards, so this was helpful for me. He closed it out with a workshop on torn and restored card that didn't finish until every last person got it. It's a routine I will actually use. Now, I'm still waiting on that left-handed million dollar monte.....

Seriously, what a great teacher and a personable guy. Props to the capitol area ring for scheduling this event.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Revlovejoy;
Thank You for the kind comments, I am glad that everyone got something out of the lecture that they can use.
You did not identify yourself as a Café member last night, drop me a line with your address and I will send you something to cover that difference in price that you will like and use as well.
All the best
Marty
Aaron Isaacs
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aaron Isaacs
Someone was asking for routines with the Rainbow Deck. Here is a video of somethign I have been doing the past couple weeks. It is base don Troy Hosser's "Double Decker Plus" ( which is base don Paul Harris' " Double Decker")
This is a rough video of me doing this for my wife. Real reaction has been great, peope grab the box everytime to look inside!
Let me know what you think.
http://www.aaronisaacs.com/ccdeck.html
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Nice one! I like it.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
These rainbow decks look great! Do you still have them in stock?

-David
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings David;
Yes the offer is still available for Café members
All the Best
Marty
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I was having fun with that special joker working in the restaurant.

Have someone select the five of clubs then turn away whilst they show it their friends and return it to the deck. Ask if they want to shuffle or cut the cards (act disappointed if they do.)Point out it would be impossible to find their card under these conditions...So you're not going to bother..

Admit you're joking then run through the deck faces toward yourself and remove the joker as a card you feel is significant. As you turn the card to show it cover up the speech balloon with your finger and pause. They tell you it is not the card and you say, "I never said it was, just that it was significant, I can use it to reveal your card".

Turn it back toward them and place it to your ear as if listening. "He tells me you picked a black card...It's a club. I know, I live in a little world all of my own..But they like me there! He says its a five, the five of clubs". After they react, say, "I know you don't believe the joker told me, but he did, see for yourself! Hand the joker to the spectator to look at or hold it close enough for him to read. For such a simple thing it gets a ridiculously good reaction, and this is just a bonus card with Marty's Rainbow Deck!

Paul.
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
I received the Rainbow deck today,thanks for the fast shipping to the Netherlands.

John.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I just received my Rainbow Decks, and they are terrific. Highly recommended. Thanks, Marty.

John
Terry Screen
View Profile
Regular user
Zhejiang China
106 Posts

Profile of Terry Screen
Quote:
On 2007-11-27 11:44, Paul wrote:
Hand the joker to the spectator to look at or hold it close enough for him to read. For such a simple thing it gets a ridiculously good reaction, and this is just a bonus card with Marty's Rainbow Deck!
Paul.

Paul . .
You could get even more mileage out of it by creating an instant stooge.
As you pass the Joker to be looked at by another spectator, give him a cospiratorial wink as you say, "Here why don't you try listening to what the Joker has to say?", at the same time allowing him to glimpse the speech bubble.
Chances are he won't spill the beans and hopefully just join in the fun by announcing the selected card.
So you get even more spectator involvement with them supposedly divining the selected card and the others wondering how he did it.
Just a thought . .

Ter.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
It's gets a great reaction as described Terry, because everyone thinks the speech bubble has APPEARED on the card, but thanks for the thought, I'll try it that way too, though never been a big fan of instant stooging, it hardly ruins your repution if they tip this one. With my luck, I'll pass it to the spectator that has to pause and take their reading glasses out, lol.

Paul.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Just an update;
The special on the rainbow decks to Café members ends on the first of January.
For Café members the decks are $10 each or 6 for $50 postpaid anywhere in the U.S.

After January 1st. they will be $15 per deck plus postage.

Have a Happy, Healthy, and Safe Holiday Season
All the Best
Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » One Fine (Rainbow) Deck! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL