The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Continuous JW Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I just came up with a way to produce coins one at a time from JW Grip. I can produce 9 (I only have 9) half dollars from one hand this way. Has this been done before?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
One must wonder how natural that pose is for such a extended period of time and how many coins one would get through before it become painfully obvious
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Yes, that is a problem. When I use the JW Grip, I do keep my fingers spread, which looks natural, and still hides the coins. By the way, the coin is being pushed out from the grip, to your fingertips.
tajkuri
View Profile
New user
Finland
41 Posts

Profile of tajkuri
Is JW grip a sleight that Shoot Ogawa uses? One of my friends showed me a very visual vanish and says it's Ogawa's, and I'm quite good at it nowadays (once while being really bored, I did it 70 times a minute) but I'm not sure about the name of the palm or the vanish.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

It was created by Jimmy Wilson.
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
The one where Shoot blows at it and feeds into JW. Yeah that's really cool. My left hand is bad tho.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I have trouble picturing how that would look THEGUY26. I know the sleight well, but I can't imagine how you could produce that many coins from that position.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Even more so spread fingers is the most UN-natural way to do the grip. its a odd pose and if held for so long they will know where your keeping the coins
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
I call the J.W....The dog shadow sleight...Sometimes I even use that line or with both hands make a comment about my eye glasses....

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Might this look better than continuously producing the coins from a closed hand?
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
It could be used in a misers dream. To be thrown into the middle. To move the coins to JW and produce a couple, them move them back to FP or CLassic and continue thereforth. But to just continuously produce from one position raises suspision. See Rannie's production, it's impressive to us, but everyone else will ask to see the other side of his hand.

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Well, I meant it to be something like Rannie's and Justin's production (what is that production called?). I always produce the last coin using the Imagination Production.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Simply producing the coins from edge grip or downs palm is goign to be better I think. you can show both sides by design. also the hand looks much much more natural
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 13:06, Pete McEwen wrote:
It could be used in a misers dream. To be thrown into the middle. To move the coins to JW and produce a couple, them move them back to FP or CLassic and continue thereforth. But to just continuously produce from one position raises suspision. See Rannie's production, it's impressive to us, but everyone else will ask to see the other side of his hand.

Pete

Not everyone Pete! Not my audience. It depends on how you carry yourself and how you present things. It also depends on who your audienvce is. What I did was for magicians. It was a lecture and a show. For Lay audience I would only do 10. When I do...no one has ever wondered or even questioned me. It because I am entertaining them and not showing skill. I guess you have to see it in the context of a show. It also depends on your presence and your command of your audience. I also happen to get direct feedback and communication with my audience after. Can't generalize on these thing man! I'v travelled and done it long enough to know that even the silliest, sophisticated or even ridiculous moves can work depending on the routine, personality etc.... if the performer juggles so much or do a lot of hand washing and unnecessary moves... then people will want to see the other side of the hand.

The name of the grip I use is unknown to me as I have never seen it anywhere at all. Mickey Painless has seen me do it live and he can tell you that no one will ever ask for me to show the back.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Well, you do show the back!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
There is no need to. if there is a need...id smile and show it. actually gladly show the back. The video that Pete refered you to will not show how it is done for lay audiences. That was a bad example. welll....great for magicians. After 4 coins I can show front and back to continue til 10....same with the left which is inoccently holding a bucket.

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Whenever I practice this production, I see how many I can produce from the back view. I can produce 7 half dollars easily from th back view, and 9 from the front (I only have 9 half dollars), and 13 quarters from the front.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Sounds good to me. In a performance.... I might use less coins and simply create an illusion of more coins. I just keep a few for a open look production. The quarters though are too small in my opinion to create the illusion of impossibility. For the quarters to look miraculous they have to be in their 20s.
I hope you find what works best for your routine and perhaps share it with us.

Best,

rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I think Rannie is on the right track for using this for lay audiences. While it is a feat to hold that many coins in your hand under control, it really needs a more open look to "look magical" to audiences.

I have seen many "miser's dreams" where the performer just pulls them one by one off a stack and no one in the audience is fooled. Better is the original methods using the dropping. I have an old Kellar Coin Catcher that I never used just for that reason.

By the way the best Miser's Dream is Andrew Goldenhirsh's followed by Jeff McBride's, IMHO.

Wait, I have to clarify, the best Living version. I like Al Flosso's the best of all. Great feeling to it. Old school, very magical. Andrew's is more magical looking for each coin produced and the twist and surprises he puts on it are really fresh. Jeff's plays to a bigger audience, so they all have something to recommmend them. So perhaps they are ALL the best!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Capharts has worked for me, althought iv only used it a few times
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Continuous JW Production (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL