The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Continuous JW Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Al Flosso! That was a lesson in magical entertainment if I ever saw one. The use of the wand was also wonderful/

See ya again soon Kirk!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 23:05, THEGUY26 wrote:
I just came up with a way to produce coins one at a time from JW Grip. I can produce 9 (I only have 9) half dollars from one hand this way. Has this been done before?

THEGUY26, Hello, I also have a way of prodcing coins one at a time from JW. I showed this to a few people, a few years ago. If you like, PM me, and perhaps we could exchange methods ? to see if there are in similarities.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I also have a method for producing many coins from JW grip....

Really I think anyone who has worked with JW grip has a way to produce many coins from it....
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Uh Oh, now you have done it! Planted a seed you have. Many variations we will see. Hmmm, the force is strong in this one, but too impatient.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Hey Rannie,

What did you think of that top pocket production? Talk about gutsy!
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Hey Rannie,

What did you think of that top pocket production? Talk about gutsy!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Gutsy indeed. Heya Kirk it was fun sesioning with you! I am working on that matrix we were playing around with, and I think its ready. Thanks for the insights and see you in the Castle again sometime early next year. Hey now....I would never hold out on you LOL! Too many items so little time.

Later!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***Mickey Painless has seen me do it live and he can tell you that no one will ever ask for me to show the back.***

Dats a fact Jack! By the time Rannie did his production the other day I was in total spectator mode, watched it with wonderment eyes and the thought of "What, where, when or how" never entered my mind!
It's hard for me to discribe what Rannie's "routine" (for lack of a better word).... actually I do have a better term or word for it, Rannie's "BEING"!
So, in rephrasing.... It's hard for me to discribe Rannie's "Being" because it is just so HIM and you just don't even think about it!
I can watch Rannie (and a few others) and just never question the move! It just doesn't matter! You KNOW he's GONNA do it, you KNOW he may have even JUST done it but in the end, it just does'nt matter and you feel good!
Now THAT is a level of BEING that only great entertainers (what ever the craft) have!
I don't know if that makes any sense at all but I think it does discribe what it SHOULD look like to your audience when you perform! Just my 2 centavos,
Mick
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Rannie,
I clearly said it was impressive for us and the performance was for magicians. And then you clearly stated that you would do it totally different for laypeople. Not only just doing it differently, but by showing the other side of the hand. That is what I am referring to. The video I saw was not the way it should be performed, the way you describe it is. Rannie we are on the same page as far as how multiple coin productions should be done. Although I'm frustrated because you attack my post and then confirm my ideas in your post. it doesn't matter how much command you have of your audience, if you only show one side of your hand yet produce 10 coins, it's not magical. If you're showing both sides of your hand it is. You also said you used less coins for your audiences than you do with magicians. This confirms that fact that just pouring a huge amount of coins out of your hand isn't magical. it's great you can do it, it's impressive, to magicians. I would put your 10 coin production up against someone who uses one coin in his hand and 20 to drop anyday and take the latter. Because it's more impressive to laymen, I know I've used it, they don't know how much work goes in.

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
"can watch Rannie (and a few others) and just never question the move! It just doesn't matter! You KNOW he's GONNA do it, you KNOW he may have even JUST done it but in the end, it just does'nt matter and you feel good"

I have a problem with this statement. It does matter, a move should never be suspected. The whole argument of us just being entertainers is ridiculous. We are entertainers, but magical entertainers. If you just want to entertain, go out there and juggle and tell jokes. they won't know the difference. I like the magical entertainment, because it touches on more than entertainment, it touches on emotions. a lot of us are doing tricks just because they are cool. That is not magic, I am sorry some of you believe it is.

Pete
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***I have a problem with this statement.***

You seem to have a problem with several things and you have completely missed my point. Actually I wasn't even trying to make a point since I haven't even read this topic nor was I defending Rannie as I doubt he needs defending. I was simply replying to his post saying ask Mick, he's seen it and I was simply relating what I thought so please don't get me involved in your debate or discussion!
Thanks,
Mick
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Whatever you say Pete! Whatever you say. I would contest however that I did not attack your post. Can't the brown coinman aka The Boss give his 2 centavos? I never said my production was magical. Well....some did.... I just take it in stride. You see...I aspire to aspire ....not to expire. You never liked anything I do and that does not bother me at all. You always find something to put my routines down....or have problems with other people's opinions or statement. Well thank goodness only the routine goes down and not me. That would be pretty darn hard to do. You seem to know evrything Pete. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with people telling others how to see things and how to feel things. Things being "ridiculous" "sublime", interesting or "Magical" is a matter of personal preference. You can't come out and tell us what is ridiculous and what is not. You want your opinion respected....respect our opinions. This is a forum after all. If you want your views to be carved and etched in stone....I believe a personal diary is the best shot!

Look Pete...I have nothing against you. We did share some ideas and thoughts in coin magic... you just have a way man....you just have a way of making us look ignorant....Well to you at least. Perhaps you should go out more in the real world performing and really see how and what its like to fail...fail....fail... learn....fail and succeed. Only then did I realize that all if not most of the textbook principles in Magic are just guidelines and not a carved and etched in stone thing. Its different out there. After performing for 24 years, still new...I think I have fought in the war to tell tales. Its funny how I have not posted a video of my laymen performance yet it is already condemned to be performed wrong. Even funnier to be cited as wrong after getting the ovation. It was clearly a magic lecture....strange man!

Kindly allow us to speak our ideas and not be high and mighty saying stuff like.WRONG, RIDICULOUS etc... its simply....well.., ridiculous.

Perhaps we should just leave you here and simply exit or disappear from this thread. The floor is yours.

To all who have open minds... ready to try things ....ready to FAIL, AND SUCCEED..I hope you explore magic with an open heart and an open mind. There is really no right or wrong. Only to the close minded. Enjoy the adventure called magic....it is not the final destination....it is THE ADVENTURE!

Thanks for having me in this thread gentlemen. Fire away Pete! Oh and a siNcere peace to you. The Boss said so!

Humbly..The BrownCoinman,

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Im afraid I forgot to stress....well...for Pete's sake...and for clarity. The video was taken from a magic lecture in Hong Kong. They were naturally magicians....They knew it was concealed then they know how difficult it was.

The routine I described has never been put on video...therefore none of you, with the exception of some members who has seen me work for laymen, have seen it.

They are two different thing ....not unless you have been to my show ...which I doubt.

Let me quote you Pete...
"The video I saw was not the way it should be performed, the way you describe it is."

I think I should be the judge of that.

I don't attack in subtle ways...If I were to attack your post I would do it STRAIGHT UP! If I were to attack you...id do it head on! It is not my type to attack like a child. Besides,I have graduated from that kiddie phase Sometime ago!

well peace Ya'll

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Rannie, You still don't see the fact that I have complimented that production. I know it for magicians, it was great. But it wouldn't fool laymen, you yourself said that. I have never meant so sound like I know more. The way I view this place as a place where we can share ideas and make magic better. obviously I was wrong. This place is turning into too many of our local magic clubs. There is no criticism or anything bad said. Everything is always a compliment. It's fair to say most of the routines we see on Youtube are not great. Rannie, you yourself say that your routines are not perfect. I offer my view of how I'd change them, if it doesn't help it doesn't help. But it doesn't matter anymore. I've got too much else going on that I just won't come to this forum anymore. I'm sorry if I came off like I know more than everyone else, I don't. I'm just not afraid to share my ideas or feelings. There is only about a handful of others that do that. Anyway, good luck to all. Best wishes in your magical success. Maybe we meet down the road.

Pete
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you get a chance, I'd like to see a video clip of someone producing a few coins from JWG. Seen it look okay using one so real curious to see how things go when many start appearing.

:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I agree with Mr. Townsend, I would like to see that too.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Jonathan, Fingers, sorry I don't have any video clips of any of my stuff (perhaps one of the others has some clips?). I do have it written up for a book I was working on. I am interested in other who have a take on this production, and want to compare methods.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Continuous JW Production (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL