The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Sleight of Mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I am interested in this book authored by Harling & Nyrup. A Café search has yielded only limited results. I would very much appreciate some opinions from those who have or have read the book. With so much competition for your dollar, it is important to be selective. Help me out on this one. Post or p.m. if you can disclose more detail. Thanks.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I was disappointed in it. A lot of theory from guys I've never heard of. Sold it on eBay.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
I'd have to disagree, but material of any kind is always a matter of personal opinion. Both of their books are excellent in my opinion, though I have been out of action for a few months, I've still not seen anything that contains the same information in such a concise and BS free form. I got SoM a couple of years ago and, with its help, now use a lot of hypnosis in the latter part of my performance. Geist though, there's a book. Some *** good effects in it that I would have happily paid well for as individuals.

Still, everyone has different taste.

C
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Geist is a very good book indeed. Highly recommendable .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2007-10-18 20:01, Jerskin wrote:
I was disappointed in it. A lot of theory from guys I've never heard of. Sold it on eBay.

So you prefer a lot of theory from guys you know? Smile
Why did you although buy this book?
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
I was disappointed in it. Too expensive!!!!
No solid mentalism effect!
Just a lot of theory.
I think derren brown's trick of hte mind was far better.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The theory actually works. It's really a great one stop shopping for a lot of the material it covers.
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
It was an interesting book that covered theories. There a few effects described that make use of the theories. But none from there that I use.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
I saw it as just an NLP book in disguise.
DoveLover
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of DoveLover
Too expensive. First I found it interesting, but later I realized that some information could be found in other books which are much cheaper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Sleight of Mind (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL