The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sol Stone's Tumble Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Sol Stone's Tumble Change. If done without practice, this move looks really ugly but when done smoothly, it is a thing of beauty.

Ever since I was first introduced to this move in the video of Curtis Kam where he changes 3 coins to 3 chinese coins in his Beijing Coins Across routine (see Palms of Steel II) , I fell in love with it.

Now, I use it a lot in my coin routines.

I have played with the "move" itself and have developed additional uses for it.
I use it not only as a change, but also as a coin production and a coin vanish. I also have found out that when instead using a finger palm , a 3rd finger curl palm makes the end display really clean combined with a Gary Kurtz coin pose.

Anyone else use this move in their coin routines too? What developments have you made with it. I would love to hear your applications on this magnificent move by Sol Stone used in his Purple Cow routine.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
I have used it for a few years...and also learned it from Palms of Steel # 2?

I have never seen a purple cow...and hope I never see one but I tell you something anyhow...I would rather see than be one...Is that poem used in the coin routine?

I have to review Coin Magic (Kaufman) to have another look at Mr. Stone's stuff. (at least my memory recalls that book as a source.)

A 3rd finger curl makes sense. I will have to play with it using just 1 coin would seem to make it smoother..3 for 3 looks good as in the Goblet..by Curtis K.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I use it in my spell bound routine that I do with a copper/silver and a chinese coin
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1301 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I have been doing that change both in my one coin routine and as spellbound for over 15years.
I has a myriad of uses.
I love that move.
Mobius
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I like Curtis's routine Through and through. There is also a application of that sleight in that routine.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Been using this since COINMAGIC showed it to the world. Like Curtis, I've explored multiple coin variations. Here's one you may like:

Two half dollars fanned in 'before' position and a dollar coin in thumb palm.
Do that change making a small "squeeze" to compress the halves into a dollar.
Finish by moving the halves into curl palm and then take the dollar into display position spin it at the fingertips.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sol Stone's Tumble Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL