The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Did I just see a warehouse owned by Copperfield raided? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of 30210162
This totally blows! I was suppose to see DC in Kuala Lumpur this weekend!

DC: Make those charges disappear! I wanna see you live!
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
It looks like he has cancelled his Asia dates ...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/22......dex.html

... which is bad news for ticket holders.

However, TMZ is reporting that the FBI is saying "No currency was seized during our investigating activity in Las Vegas" ... so the whole bit about $2 Million being taken is apparently wrong.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 11:33, MagiCat wrote:
However, TMZ is reporting that the FBI is saying "No currency was seized during our investigating activity in Las Vegas" ... so the whole bit about $2 Million being taken is apparently wrong.

I actually mentioned that early this morning on this board but the topic was unfortunately removed a couple hours later. It must have turned sour or something.

TMZ.com has revealed a couple other interesting tidbits, and their discoveries support my theory, although they haven't put it all together yet.

I've reprinted my original post along with the related info from TMZ here for anyone who's interested: http://magicspank.blogspot.com

The TMZ info is at the bottom.

Best regards Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 19:35, Magic Spank wrote:

I actually mentioned that early this morning on this board but the topic was unfortunately removed a couple hours later. It must have turned sour or something.

Best regards Smile

Dearest Spank,

The threads have been vanishing because they've simply gotten utterly ridiculous with the wacked out theories. Your's falls into that "wacked out" category. Not one thing posted in the report you quote is new. Even the money was disputed in the begining. Some news agencies claimed there was money and some only reported the camera and hard drive being taken.

A challenge is issued!!! LOL If you are right I will post here in the Café that I was not nearly as clever as you are and that you rule! If the investigation proves to be for real then you must post here that you fell victim to idle gossip and juvenile speculation and admit you contributed to the nonsense that got threads deleted or locked? ( "and that goes for your little blog to!" ... wicked witch laugh goes here) You have to post there that you were wrong.

Deal????

Best,

Tim
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Relax Tim,

Time will tell if I am right or not.

I'm not sure why you're so bothered, my theory is based in sound logic.

Maybe you need to investigate the use of VNR's and the trouble we're having with them here in the US.

I'm sorry if you feel threatened somehow by my post, I am not attempting to be more clever than you. In fact I am unfamiliar with your theories or opinions on this topic.

Best regards Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 20:20, Magic Spank wrote:
Relax Tim,

Time will tell if I am right or not.

I'm not sure why you're so bothered, my theory is based in sound logic.

Maybe you need to investigate the use of VNR's and the trouble we're having with them here in the US.

I'm sorry if you feel threatened somehow by my post, I am not attempting to be more clever than you. In fact I am unfamiliar with your theories or opinions on this topic.

Best regards Smile

Magic Spank,

Its all in good fun. I don't feel threatened by your theory. I know you are not trying to be more clever than anyone. Please don't take my challenge as personal as its meant as a "good spirited" challenge.

Regards my views.... from the beginning I ( along with many others ) simply asked that only facts be reported and we don't get into theories regards innocence or guilt as we really know very little of the facts. (of course I didn't see far enough ahead to think there would be conspiracy theories..LOL so you got me there)

Now back to my challenge.LOL Do you feel confident in your "sound logic" to take up the challenge? I feel strong enough that its a REAL investigation to hold up my end if I am wrong.

For the record... I would love to be wrong and have it turn out to be a hoax but I doubt that is the case.

Best,

Tim
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
I'm not sure what purpose the challenge serves.

If I turn out to be wrong, then it was an incorrect guess and I will leave my posts up if anyone wants to ridicule me. If you feel the need to draw attention to my mistake later on you're free to do so.

I am somewhat confident though that I'm on the right track. Again, we have a big problem in this country with VNR's or video news releases. My opinion that the news media is manipulated by corporations and individuals to promote their own interests is supported by facts, it's really not so outrageous at all to assume anything in the news may be a promotional stunt. The FCC is currently investigating numerous instances such as I describe on my blog.

As you said, if it turns out to be a stunt, that is a positive thing for those who were concerned that David may have been involved in something bad.

Unfortunately, the news in America is 99% lies. It's all been harnessed for publicity purposes and the only thing that gets you headlines here is scandals, specifically of a sexual nature.

Our own president is currently on the hotseat for this, check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vnr

Best regards Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Spank,

You'll not likely find any one more untrusting of the media than me. I was one of the first to begin posting in the various threads that we should just sit back and not believe anything we read or see on television.

I do however have a hard time that 50 million a year isn't enough for David and that he would willing to be labeled a rapist to bump that up a bit. I also have trouble believing that the FBI would have the time to mess around with such a publicity stunt.

I guess my main problem here is that you criticize the media (and rightly so) for not getting it right but then you post on your blog and here in the Café with a story that you don't feel strong enough to back up with a light hearted bet. If you will post it without being sure its true aren't you as guilty as the media?

Best,

Tim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So now here is my favorite part.

We have someone mention how the invisible money was "hush money". Well now there was NO MONEY, and yet they don't come back and say "oops sorry I guess I was speculating about crap I have no idea my bad".

Nope not a word. Just let the accusation be out there and that is good enough for them.

I think that the speculators should be embarassed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
I can't imagine anyone ever coming up with a rape allegation for a publicity stunt!

It is kind of funny how all these theories pop up. Almost as bad as posting for help about a trick here and having 15 return posts discussing the trick and never answering the question! haha.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 10:18, Banester wrote:
I can't imagine anyone ever coming up with a rape allegation for a publicity stunt!

Hard to imagine that the FBI would take part in a publicity stunt like this too. Of course if it's a stunt and the FBI isn't in on it, then we would likely see some serious charges involving the filing of false reports.
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
No charges have been filed. For all we know they may have raided his warehouse because some unrelated investigation lead to it. As far as I'm concerned he's innocent and when this is all over we should investigate the judge who signed the search warrant.

David (not DC)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No, we should let the investigation play itself out and stop needless speculation. The judge did his job so stop throwing arround unfounded accusations at officials.

I think that we need to let both sides do their job, and then see where the dust settles.

You can't just say crazy things like that. YOU have no idea what the facts are on either side. Nobody here does, so let it drop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Quote:
On 2007-10-22 21:25, Dannydoyle wrote:
So now here is my favorite part.

We have someone mention how the invisible money was "hush money". Well now there was NO MONEY, and yet they don't come back and say "oops sorry I guess I was speculating about crap I have no idea my bad".

Nope not a word. Just let the accusation be out there and that is good enough for them.

I think that the speculators should be embarassed.

Danny,

I always hold your opinions in high regard, and truly feel blessed for having the Café' to turn to read advice from seasoned veterans such as yourself. However, I feel it must be mentioned that noone on here said that it was hush money. What the poster did say is that a news commentator was trying to noodle through why money would be siezed, and that this was a possible reason. See below:

Quote:
On 2007-10-21 17:14, OHCollector wrote:
First off, the pluralization of Feds does not contain an apostrophe.

A commentator on Fox News yesterday was scratching his head over why the Feds are involved and he said it might make sense if there was an arrangement in the U.S. to settle with the accuser (i.e. "hush money"), which could prompt obstruction of justice charges. That would also explain why $2M was seized, but fresher news reports say the Feds are denying the money was taken as evidence.

It sounds like the newsman was trying to fathom an explanation, and that our Café' member wasn't making a hush money accusation.

By the way, anyone who thinks it's a publicity stunt must be out of their mind. How much publicity does he get for having to cancel shows? How eager is the FBI to be involved?

Again, Danny - I mean you no disrepect. I've read and re-read many of your posts over the last couple of years, and I'm better for it.

-Mike

P.S. Sorry if I've made spelling errors. It turns out that a broken finger not only sucks for a sleight of hand guy - it's also not so great for typing.
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
O it's now starting to get weird. TMZ just reported

Quote:

Sources now tell TMZ Copperfield designed part of his show around "a system for icking up women." During his show, David goes into the audience and chooses women to come on stage. We're told that if David likes a girl, he'll use code words with assistants like "mama" and "secrecy." The assistants mark the women on a map of the inside of the Hollywood Theater at MGM Grand. After the show, the women are brought backstage -- and that's where the profiling begins.

The women are told that David may use them in his show when he comes to their hometown. They are then photographed with a digital camera, asked questions like, "What is your favorite men's cologne?" and "Where do you like to vacation?" We're told one of those vacation spots mentioned by staff is the Bahamas, where the accuser claims she was assaulted. Copperfield owns a cluster of islands in the Bahamas -- which he bought for $50 million.

I don't believe this for a second. Don't they know most of his "audience volunteers" are on his payroll already?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 16:43, Payne wrote:
O it's now starting to get weird. TMZ just reported

Quote:

Sources now tell TMZ Copperfield designed part of his show around "a system for icking up women." During his show, David goes into the audience and chooses women to come on stage. We're told that if David likes a girl, he'll use code words with assistants like "mama" and "secrecy." The assistants mark the women on a map of the inside of the Hollywood Theater at MGM Grand. After the show, the women are brought backstage -- and that's where the profiling begins.

The women are told that David may use them in his show when he comes to their hometown. They are then photographed with a digital camera, asked questions like, "What is your favorite men's cologne?" and "Where do you like to vacation?" We're told one of those vacation spots mentioned by staff is the Bahamas, where the accuser claims she was assaulted. Copperfield owns a cluster of islands in the Bahamas -- which he bought for $50 million.

I don't believe this for a second. Don't they know most of his "audience volunteers" are on his payroll already?

Tough to say - My ex-girlfriend and I were randomly picked out of the audience to come onstage and help. The only gaff was that we had to say we were married. (The assistant was going around trying to find a married couple, and the couple next to us was married and willing, but the lady was pregnant. Apparently, the insurance company doesn't think too much of having pregnant women go up and down dark stage stairs, so she let us do it as long as we said we were married.) We weren't sure what the big deal was about being married, but I suspect it had something to do with a joke DC was playing - while my ex was standing above the big metal slab (bent over, back to the audience), hammering it to make sure it's solid, his assistant told me to "go slap her on her ass." I verified that this was in fact what she said, and then I did it. Then DC chimes in - "Whoa! It's Copperfield, not cop a feel!" Got a good laugh from everyone but my girlfriend. She was too flustered to hear the joke, and I had some explaining to do, since she thought I was perving out on her.

But, yeah, we were randomly picked.

-Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I just wish we all agreed on not speculating, and repeating rumors.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Regarding the story about taking women picked to help onstage backstage and collecting all their info and pursuing them. I personally knew a girl years ago who was in that situation. He did use her again but apparently pursued her romantically as well. I was surprised also to learn that not everyone is a stooge.

This comment is showing up all over the web on various stories about the incident, some of you are sure to find it interesting.

"Posted By: Squab24 |October 19 2007 at 05:28 PM

I'm glad to see this. I went to one of his shows with my wife, and after selecting her out of the audience for a trick on the show, he invited her backstage afterwards. There he got her phone, email, and other info on the premise that he might do a show in our city and might use her in the show again. When they came out from backstage, my family posed for photos with him. After returning home, he commenced to email my wife, inviting her to visit him at his Bahamas Island, followed by phone calls. What an a**! I was suspicious of why he selected her from the audience, and especially when he talked her into giving him contact information. It's clear he makes a habit of this and doesn't care whether his targets are married or not. I hope they nail his a** to the wall."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfga......id=21301

The same exact thing happened to the wife of a well known escape artist. David seems to be known for having a penchant for married women.

This one is more than speculation unfortunately. Personally, I find it more distressing than the rape accusation.

Hide your women.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Did I just see a warehouse owned by Copperfield raided? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL