The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Finger Fazer » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Hi,

Can anyone provide a review for Finger Fazer?
I am quite interested in getting one for close up use.
Is it brighter than d'lite?

Thanks!!!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3611 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I saw Jay Scott Berry lecture with these and his work coupled with his work on the TT was truly amazing. Yes, they are much brighter that D'lite. I know several people that bought them and thought they were great, but they are much more difficult to work with than D'lite. That is probably why I have never seen anyone else use one. If you are dedicated enough to practice, and I do mean practice, FF's are great. If not, use D'lite.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
A LOT brighter than D'lite, and small enough to palm and then suddenly appears. The accompanying video gives a lot of suggestions, although like most of Berry's videos, it's just music and no words.

They look real cool, especially twirling around in a wine glass or something (plastic, preferably). One thing, however, they're a bit dated. I bought mine and then found out these sprang out from the rave culture scene. They've made improvements on the original design Berry used. For example, for the same price (if not cheaper) you can get ones that have 3 different flash modes. Finger Fazer's only have on, off, and locked on (which is difficult to set).

The new ones can flash intermittently and the lock mechanism automatically turns on after a few seconds of continued 'on' use. Also, I think there's a multi-colour flash. I would recommend you search the net for these items to get a better value.

I think Jay Scott Berry saw an existing product and turned it into a routine, but I don't think he's upgraded his units sufficiently to warrant buying his models over what the market has out there.

Brian
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
Finger Fazers are a good item, but they do have new style on the market. I believe that the the video is worth the price that you can pick it up for on eBay. The only problem that I find with these is that they are almost too bright and people are blinded by them and can't watch.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Is Jay Scott Berry selling new versions? I waited almost a year for mine, and he hadn't upgraded the set he was selling in all that time.

You can diffuse the light if you do something to the glass over the bulb. I think this would only be a problem if you point it directly at them. They are certainly strong, especially if you're doing this in pitch dark.

Brian
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Is it as bright as the FISM flash???
By the way, what is the name of the improved model and where can I purchase it??

Can anyone please tell me??

Thanks!! Smile
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I'm not sure if it is as bright as the FISM flash. FISM flash is just a bright flash, whereas Fazers can be constantly shining. I think any beam of light right in the eye will be bright.

As far as I'm aware, an improved model is not available from Jay Scott Berry. The improved models you'll have to search the net for under a search for something like "lights rave" or "rave glowstick" or something similar and hopefully you'll come across them. I happened upon them by chance a long time ago. They're out there, you'll just have to be resourceful in tracking them down. They're about $20 to $25 each so you'll have an idea if you've found them.

Brian
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
The original sources for FF are also sold as light keychains in many stores.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
Is it more superior than D'lite?

If so, in what ways? And if not, in what ways?
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
With Finger Fazers, you can easily palm a bunch of them and throw them in the air with the light still on and vanish them in a topit or pluck them from the air. They're great as an addition to a D'Lite. You can fool a lot of magicians who are only familiar with D'Lites because of their increased maneuverability. The first time I saw them, I thought they were different coloured D'Lites (orange, blue, red, green, yellow, white). When they were thrown up in the air and swished around in a wine glass, they looked so amazing.

Downside is they require more effort to manipulate and to get them to stay on and palm, when compared to a D'Lite. You can also do the standard ice/drink umbrella changing colour as you can with multiple D'Lites. They're also a lot more expensive than D'Lites, although I heard when D'Lites first came out they were pretty expensive, too.

Brian
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
Thanx Brian!

Much appreciated! Mine are on the way and I hope to do cool stuff with it!

All the best,

Logan

cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Logan, you might be disappointed when you get them. Finger Fazer was the only magic product that I ever returned. When I got mine I realized I already had one on my keychain! The only difference these had was that they were wrapped in flesh colored surgical tape. I paid so much more money than what they are worth AND it didn't even come with a substantial routine. It just gave instructions on how to produce it from Downs' Palm position. And they are so hard to turn on. You gotta press really hard.
Maybe, just maybe, if you are good at coin manipulation you might enjoy playing with it, but you should have just gotten them at the mall or something. I was very disappointed with Jay Scott Berry for disguising a keychain light for a magic product. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
cardguy...now I'm scared Smile

Well, we'll see - I can always sell it off if I don't like it that much.

I always try to look for the best in the worst of products but somethings can't be overlooked, like...Coin Matrix 2003..?

I'll give it a shot,

Thanx guys,

Logan

bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
You can always use them at raves! Or if you can juggle, you can have a cool routine.

I will say that I saw a fantastic routine by some guy who must have practiced forever on them. It was so beautiful. But he had like TWELVE of them, which I think is nuts, at the price Berry is selling them at. He was plucking them out of the air (from Downs palm), changing their colours, topiting, vanishing, etc.

The ones you find on websites just require bandaid wrapping to make them more manipulatable, and they can do more stuff, they're much easier to lock on. I'm interested in knowing if Berry has finally upgraded his models. I can't see why he himself would be using his own, with the improvements that have come out elsewhere. Do let us know.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Finger Fazer » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL