The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Halloween Candy Bowls- Rice Bowls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
I was at Walmart and notices some large candy bowls for Halloween. I am considering getting 2 and making a chinese rice bowls set with these to multiply some candy. In presetning these the inside of the gimmicked bowl is never shown, am I correct on that, or could it be shown if the gimmick was plexiglass or something? Has anyone done anything like this or have any suggestions? Thanks
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Eleazar Goodenough wrote this up in "Cauldron Capers" for The Wizards' Journal #14. He has a new method for doing it that I'm sure has never been done before. He performs the effect with small party-favor size cauldrons, and can show both cauldrons empty at the start before he loads one up with candy corn. At the end, he produces a liquid, which could be "blood" - tomato juice, or any liquid you want. It could be done with larger trick-or-treat bucket cauldrons as well, but of course everything would be heavier. The cauldrons work best for this effect because of their shape. Besides the rice-bowl type effect, he has nine other effects using cauldrons, including a Pirate's Treasure Dream (Miser's Dream) where gold coins appear under the Pirate's eye-patch, under his hat, out of his Parrot, and so on.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Some routines (and methods) show the interior of both bowls, some show one, and assumedly some show none. The fact that the gimmicked/loaded bowl is inverted, is often enough of a suggestion of emptiness.

Bowl design may be a factor in method. What are the bowls you found made of?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Bruce Elliott's "Classic Secrets of Magic" has a great chapter on the Rice Bowls, describing several methods and refinements, including at least one that allows display of the interior of the loaded bowl.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
The bowls are simply made of plastic, not to heavy, but not flimsy. Fairly large, maybe 18" in diameter and 9" deep or so. I'm really looking for this effect to be very simple, not really looking to produce a liquid, just "multiply" the candy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Halloween Candy Bowls- Rice Bowls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL