The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Chop Cup For Kids? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1603 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Does anyone think Chop Cup can be done for young children?
Richard (Tricky Ricky)
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Sure. Especially if they get involved themselves. You can hand a chop cup to a kid, hand him the ball, tell him to drop the ball in and "quick like a bunny" turn the cup upside down on the table. Then you lift the cup up and show him the ball disappeared, making it reappear from somewhere else (like from behind his ear.) Then you can make the ball disappear from your hand when he blows on it, and it is found back under the cup. Great kid stuff, once their heads stop wobbling and they begin to focus on the world.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
~Almost~ any prop can be used for children. It's not the prop, it's what you do with it. There are some props not appropriate for children and we all have our own definition of that, but I don't use guns, knives or fire (although I am thinking about incorporating a bit of flash paper) or ladies undergarments (Bewildering bra?).
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
David Regal has a chop cup routine with mice that is great for kids. It's called "My Best Friend" and is in the book Close-up and Personal, as well as volume 1 of the DVD Premise, Power and Participation.

I changed the ending a little bit to make it less messy for me, but either way it's still great fun!
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Barry Mitchell has a version called the Eye-Can. The routine is a kind of self esteem builder for the kids.
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1603 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
The reason for the post is, I have a routine for the little ones that have them in stitches--laughing, pointing and shouting. I'd say about 5 minutes of riot.
Most of the presentation is quite different from the usual.
A day care call to book if I will do the the trick with the brass cup and red balls.
Richard (Tricky Ricky)
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
That was a strange way to post something.

You asked if Chop Cup can be performed for kids?
Several took time from their day to answer and help you along with that.

Then you come back with a- (ha ha, I know it can, because people call me up and ask for it by name, but guess what, I'm not gonna share with you my routine!)

Ego is a strange thing.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1470 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Richard, could you elaborate more about your routine. it sounds interesting. how do you us it?
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
245 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
You had to ask didn't you Smile Ok I would like to hear about it as well.

John
Make Everyday Magical
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1603 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 13:13, AshleyW wrote:
That was a strange way to post something.

You asked if Chop Cup can be performed for kids?
Several took time from their day to answer and help you along with that.

Then you come back with a- (ha ha, I know it can, because people call me up and ask for it by name, but guess what, I'm not gonna share with you my routine!)

Ego is a strange thing.

Sorry you look at it that way.
The question was just for conversation.
I would like to hear of your routine. It probably is much funnier and more entertaining than mine.
By the way---I have no ego.
Richard.
Tricky Ricky
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hahaha, Trick Ricky, are you causing trouble here?

Richard Lyn is a good friend and has been called the busiest magician in Canada. He and Lucy (his rabbit) are living legends when it comes to birthday party shows in the Toronto area.

So Ricky, are you going to share your Chop Cup routine????

(by the way, Pat says hi)

Rob
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Ricky, I would love to hear about your routine as well. I have been using a Chop cup "game" to open my some of my shows for preschoolers and daycares, and would love to hear how others look at performing this for the very youngest audience members. I mostly draw on Don Alan, but added my own touches to the end for a different final load.

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
No, I took it the way it was given.

Now your saying the post was for discussion, but earlier YOU said, QUOTE: "The reason for the post is, I have a routine for the little ones that have them in stitches--laughing, pointing and shouting."

I think you owe an apology to people who answered your question, when you really weren't interested in the question at all. You appear interested in having people practically beg for your routine. I hope you do NOT post it. You'll have 50 Ricky wanabees doing a chop cup routine that may not fit their character.

And BTW every performer has an ego. It's keeping it in check that makes one a person as opposed to a self-loving idol.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Ashley,

I have no desire to be a Tricky Ricky clone. I have my own stage personna, and will keep it. I am only interested in hearing what Ricky does. Isn't that one of the reasons for this forum ? Isn't that what hundreds of lecturers do on a nihgtly basis at magic clubs all across the globe ? I have a very succesful and profitable act already, and do not need to steal from other performers. You presume much to assume that the three (yes only three, not 50) people who asked about the routine would be out to steal it.

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
Never meant you Mark. (don't presume yourself)
Most of those who will steal from here are trolls. Ones who do not speak.

I still have to laugh at the way this post was contrived. And the ones playing right into the ego game.

:)
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Not a problem, Ashley. I understand your points. I am sure Ricky's routine is a good one. He has a stellar reputation for what he does. I guess we all have egos, or we wouldn't be putting ourselves in front of large crowds on a daily basis.

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Ashley, you need to research you internet terminology. A troll is not a lurker but someone who makes contrary or upsetting remarks merely for the sake of causing an argument.
For example, I would be being a troll if I mentioned the words pot, kettle or black.

George
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
...or yellow horse teeth.

(yes, lurker was the term, not troll.)

Thanks Georgie!
Dave Lewis
View Profile
New user
Anaheim, California
83 Posts

Profile of Dave Lewis
THERE'S five minutes of my life I'll never see again...
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 12:58, Richard Lyn wrote:
The reason for the post is, I have a routine for the little ones that have them in stitches--laughing, pointing and shouting. I'd say about 5 minutes of riot.
Most of the presentation is quite different from the usual.
A day care call to book if I will do the the trick with the brass cup and red balls.
Richard (Tricky Ricky)

Richard,

When is your book or video on entertaining children coming out? Let me know because I want to be first in line to buy it!

All the best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Chop Cup For Kids? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL