The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Phil Sherman of Magic World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Does anyone remember Phil Sherman who owned Magic World in Canoga Park, California? He was a big man with a walrus mustache. He only did two tricks but did them well. It was Phil that taught me the finer points of how to do the vanishing silk with a TT. He would point it straight at the customers. They never saw it.

He also did a very good two card monte. He sold the sets with an extra double back card so he ended up with two double back cards that could be examined. This made for a nice finish to the trick which made it easier for him to sell.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I posted this many years ago and I am shocked that no one that lived during that time responded. I had great memories that man. He taught me a lot.

Here is a booklet of his favorite trick. http://magicref.tripod.com/bookssz/shermantakeatip.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Phil Sherman of Magic World (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL