The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inka by Robert Haas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I don't get it...is this just ANOTHER release of Sympathetink by Mathieu Bich? This is the third or fourth item since Mathieu released the idea of frixion pens for Magic effects. It says it is 'A new secret weapon in Magic'...

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/inc......tem=9108

Do you like visual magic? Welcome to magic's newest secret weapon!

In the world of magic, new multi-dimensional secret weapons are a hard thing to come by.....UNTIL NOW! With magic's newest jaw-dropping piece of technology, you will be able to assassinate your audience, leaving them mentally destroyed.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to assassinate your audience employing this latest piece of technology. You will need the following apparatus to complete your mission.
Your secret weapon.
32 page Operations Manual full of various ideas, tactics, and explanations using your new weapon of mental destruction.
Your target audience
Once you read the Operations Manual and will be equipped with all the knowledge required to carry out your mission successfully. There is no need for extensive training. This apparatus requires little skill to use effectively. It is simple to master, yet the possibilities are only limited to your imagination!

Begin your mission now!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Sure looks that way to me Chris... But to paraphrase you about Matrix... No, they say its new... So it cant be the old method...Snicker.... Hehehehe....
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ha ha ha... another one of these.

This does look exactly like Sympathetink, and the only difference I noticed between this and a frixion pen is that in one part a playing card is marked, though that's not normally possible.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I think it is a different color pen Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 11:43, Doomo wrote:
Sure looks that way to me Chris... But to paraphrase you about Matrix... No, they say its new... So it cant be the old method...Snicker.... Hehehehe....

Then this must be new!!!

Haha, I only say that about the Matrix as A) It was listed as that, and B) Having seen a lot of Michaels creations, he seems very creative. I live in hope about the Matrix Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Nah, I think they are cheating on this Smile.

Looks the same just different ideas, that's it.
Yours,

Ivan
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Well regardless of the effect and how new it is I am already put off by the advertising for this one. We have moved on now in the great world of magic from "frying" or "killing" our audience ( instead of entertaining them) to "assassinating" and "mentally destroying" them.

Adverts like this seem to assume that magicians are psychotic lunatics who care more for geting one over on the spectator than generating a sense of wonder....thats not true...is it ?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
It just looks like vanishing ink, which is hardly new. Invisible Ink has been around for decades too, and appears by applying heat. Will this also "destroy" audiences?
Actually, I think the effect is cute, and with good routining, could be very effective. However, I wouldn't consider it very magical, more like a surprising visual to add to an already solid routine.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Exactly Potty, and nothing new, it has already been released.
Yours,

Ivan
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
If my memory serves me correctly, a very popular Japanese magician Mr. Maric; I watched in the Japanese television which aired publictly, he floored the whole audience as well as magicians the ink which previously written on a piece of white card and when the card is heated up, the ink disappear leaving the message (prediction) sticked on that card.

No doubt, it's one of the strongest magic effect. Smile

As a matter of fact whether the idea is new or not new, I have no much comment on this but I guess this plot has been quite a while in the market.

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Andrew,

Thank you very much for the insight. Yes, the pen is not new to magic, but the manuscript is. I have included with InKa a manuscript which has MANY different applications for the pen. There's stuff for everyone in the manuscript (mentalists, street magicians, card guys, etc). There are many different routines (scripts included) that I included with this pen.

Yes, I have purchased and read SympathetInk by Mr. Bich. I have never claimed to "invent" this at all. In fact, this pen has ben around longer and brought to the magic community by a performer BEFORE Mr. Bich released it. Alas, my manuscript covers entirely different routines than what is published in his manuscript. I feel I cover much more about the pen, and offer MUCH MORe easier routines that do not involve lots of prep work. It's just my take on it. I felt a complete work on the pen should be available for magicians, and I have created that. I like to think of it as everything A-Z.

There is also a section in there (which I wrote) about creativity. Of course the routines are a guideline, but I encourage performers to think of their own uses for the pen. It is a great tool, and anyone who likes HIGHLY VISUAL magic should have one.

If anyone has any questions regarding this item, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Inka dinka, bottle of stinka"...
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ron Slater
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Ron Slater
Whether this has been done before is the least of my concerns honestly. If I like a product, I like a product, simple as that. At $25 I'm not going to split hairs. In any case, with what I'm seeing Sympathetink does not allow you too write on playing cards where this does is that correct?

My only question for you Mr. Haas is; the degree to which the ink vanishes away. Is it just under extreme heat like a lighter (in which case I'm kind of hoping it does), or will body heat from hands, and natural friction after a period of time affect it? For example, If I were to write something on a business card with this product and place it with other business cards in my wallet, would the naturally heat make the ink go away? Or would I have to apply extreme heat?

Thanks,

Ron
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Thank you for your question Ron. In order for the ink to vanish, it needs direct heat. Friction from rubbing your hands or proximity to other objects would not be enough to vanish the ink. Simply sticking it your wallet or body heat WILL NOT cause the ink to disappear. If there is no extreme heat, the ink will remain in tact until extreme heat is applied. for instnce, a lighter or HOT HOT cup of coffee would work (or steam from the coffee)

The pen supplied with Inka will allow you to write on a playing card. I have a great routine for it in the manuscript I provide. I use it as a finale to my ambitious card (using an "if I can go back in time 30 seconds, etc...).

The manuscript is filled with patter suggestions, routine ideas, etc. I have read Mr. Bich's book and thought it lacked in some areas. It is great for what it is worth, but I feel my routines go into greater detail and are way more effective. I don't want this to turn into a sals pitch, so if anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to ask Smile

I'm always here to help.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Ron Slater
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Ron Slater
Thanks for the reply Robert. Like all pens, eventually the ink will be used up. Whats the expected life on this product?

Ron
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Ron,

I've used the same pen for over a year. It has been with me during every performance, and I even use the same pen to demo while at conventions. It is still running strong.

Honestly, it will last a long long time.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Ron Slater
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Ron Slater
Sounds great Robert, Iv'e already placed my order amongst several others. I have a very interesting routine that utilizes this pen so I'm curious how it will play out. It is similar to Card at Any Number plot but mildy different. And I don't own the effect, but I beleive it is also similar to Influence 2 by Larry Becker. It just sounds similar and both use a combonation of business cards and playing cards. Looking foward to recieving it and seeing other ideas for the product.

Thanks,

Ron
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Ron,

Awesome. Please let me know what you think of the manuscript. Lots of ideas and well thought out routines are included.

May I ask where you purchased the pen from? Just curious.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Maserati
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Maserati
This might be a stupid question but, instead of using the lighter would the heat of your breath work instead?
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Nikstokes- No that is a *** good question and I would be curious to know as well!
However the steam from a hot cup of coffee seems to provide an ingenious solution. One might simply rest a 'chosen' card on the rim of the cup in full view for a while.

Andy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inka by Robert Haas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL