The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Alliance of Philippine Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Let me give you a background of what the alliance is.

This brotherhood was formed a year ago, September 23,3006, in what we, Filipino magicians, dearly call the Tavern. The members are mainly composed of the Manila Famiglia, and the TavernGoers: The Boss, Sir Rannie Raymundo; Antwe, Rony Mariano, Oliver, Verrico, Ronstoppable, Schwarzeine, Cyssa, Butch, Jeff tam, Ige, Bit, Airon and Lei. This started as a forum, for magicians who wish to help other magicians. For magicians to Aspire to inspire, rather than expire. For magicians... who are truly passionate in their art.

APM celebrated its first anniv last month. The gathering was indeed memorable. Memorable, great experiences, stories of origin, and many other things with regards to magic and camaraderie. APM had been standing tall for a year- containing Philippines' best magicians- an example of which is sir rannie himself, antwe (mindbender creator), Rony Mariano who's the tested and proven BEST manipulator in Phils, and Oliver, and many others (students of the boss) who're about to bloom with their talent.. members of Illusive, and of course, the Manila Famiglia.

This is the family of magic enthusiasts, pros, and lovers- without any tint of politics, or rivalry.

I post this with pride. This is my family. And I love them. All.

Here is a compilation of what its members got to say on its first year. This is us, looking back, and aiming forward! I wish to share this with you so you could see the people who're frontiers- and about-to-be aces, of Philippine magic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FiCos3eD-7U

cyssa
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
Thank you for posting. I, for one, am happy for being part of this family. Of this alliance. The alliance aims to unite all of Philippine's magician, hence, the leaders of top magic orgs are also members of this forum. Looking back, lots of things had happened, many improvements are made. It had been a fruitful one year. I hope what we said about APM's future really happens: it, maintaining its quality while increasing in quantity, and magic being a recognized and priced art in our country.

schwarzeine
Daniel Soriano
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Cyssa,

Hope to join you guys soon and thanks for sharing!

Sal (Chubster)
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 13:20, Sal Amangka wrote:
Hi Cyssa,

Hope to join you guys soon and thanks for sharing!

Sal (Chubster)

thank you chubster, we wish to see you soon as well!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10764 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Cyssa Rannie had showed this to me on his visit to my home here in california.
I would also be amember of the tavern if I lived in Manila......I am membber at heart, Cyssa thank you for sharing this with the Café members
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Godfather,

Aww.. a member at heart. =) Of course. See you in manila soon!
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Greetings to everyone at the Tavern Smile

Im afraid Im not the close-up kinda guy...I use Colgate Smile

Seriuosly, I don't have what it takes to do close-up so my respect to those who can work a close-up pad is tremendously high...

Happy Anniversary and more power... and I'll see you guys soon!

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Thanks sister Cyssa,
Rannie had sent me this vid as well but I love your add!
I too want to apply for "at heart" membership along with Vinny!
BTW Godfather, now that I know you're a 2 hour drive away (always thought you were in NY) we've got to get together sometime!
Mick
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8795 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Y'know I'm already an honorary Tavern and Manila Famiglia member, and proud of it too. SmileTruly it is an honor to be associated with such fine effort and people. Good job guys, you got quite a Boss there. Keep up the good work, this is how all great things get started. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Happy anniversary APM!

My wooden friend Mr. Parley is also a member of the APM--Association of Puppets in Manila, of which he is the president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and the lone member! ;o)

Seriously, thanks for pushing Philippine magic to greater heights! More power!

And thanks, Cyssa, for posting the vid.
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Cyssa, thanks for sharing this. I've always wanted something that felt like home. And that's what tAPM and the Tavern has provided. It has been a fruitful year. A lot of magic has been developed under that roof, and we look forward to a year of making more magic. My thanks also goes to the Boss and other Pros of tAPM. They have been very valuable guides to the young magicians here.

As Cyssa has said: "This is the family of magic enthusiasts, pros, and lovers- without any tint of politics, or rivalry. " And I know it will stay that way.

Let's keep that flame burnin' and keep the magic alive!
imagine the possibilities... endless...
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
Yes! Let's keep the fire burning! This is my family. Before, I never thought I could find such magic family, But Here it is, And I'm happy and proud to belong here!
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Happy anniversary APM!
soon APM's dream would become reality...
one step at a time, a fruitful year for APM...
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
I just got home from the tavern, and I can't help but feel- aww- family loving. THough in 'sibling rivalry' stage- me and ronstoppable- the essence of oneness, and anti-politics and boasting is still shown.

God, I'm proud to announce, my co-student, and Sir rannie 's junior just won the cups and balls competition! it was a well deserved win!

cyssa
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
Congratulations to the both of you! It was a great competition to witness. XD
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1936 Posts

Profile of iamslow
YOu guys are really a great group!!! I want to thank you guys for making me feel at home on my last visit... hopefully ill jam again at the tavern next april... hmmm.. mabee ill get you guys hooked on something else...lol peace...

j
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:55, iamslow wrote:
YOu guys are really a great group!!! I want to thank you guys for making me feel at home on my last visit... hopefully ill jam again at the tavern next april... hmmm.. mabee ill get you guys hooked on something else...lol peace...

j

Something else like what, jon? btw, we miss you!! I still remember my first tavern over night- you were there, it was raining hard and, the rest was history. lol Do you remember OMENG? hahah
MagicTobe
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MagicTobe
Happy Anniversary..

you seem to be a nice alliance =)
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1936 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 11:38, Cyssa wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 16:55, iamslow wrote:

j

Something else like what, jon? btw, we miss you!! I still remember my first tavern over night- you were there, it was raining hard and, the rest was history. lol Do you remember OMENG? hahah

Of course I remember Omeng, He ate my food!!!lol but I also remember him for being on the sleepy side that night..hahah
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Congrats for all the alliance...

wish I could be there... someday I'll visit you guys

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Alliance of Philippine Magicians (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL