The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flat against the table. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 00:22, NicholasD wrote:
yet the lightest of touches usually produces the best natural look.

I agree with that statement. You don't need a death grip on the coin, just enough pressure to keep it from falling out, nothing more.
Click to visit:
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dan I sent you several demos .. of course the thumb can not be fully extended
but this technique has its advantages as well as disavantages.
However using the cimping technique I can extent all five fingers with my hand raised above the table that the CP can not do.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Vinny, I think the Demo's look good. You do that concealment about the best it can be done, that is for sure!
Click to visit:
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Dang! Vinny wazzup Capo? The Manila Enforcer aka The Boss was last to know??? Hmmmmm tit for tat eh?! Seriously Vinny being one of the first you showed the crim to....It still bugs me how you get it to lock that way.

Thanks for sending me the vid.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Pretty impressive Godfather, but I've come to expect such innovation from the mind of a true Mr. Wizard. Smile This is clearly a real alternative with real uses as opposed to the traditional classic palm. Such a flexible, versatile move, that in your hands is pure magic to watch. Can't wait to you get that Crimp dvd cookin'. Smile

Hey rannie you made it home...good man. Smile

And hey, mano has an incredible classic palm, and an even more incredible purse palm, he can do it flat off the table. Talk about a showoff move. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm told Mano can palm a coin off a marble counter top!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dan sent me his handling of the flat table palm and it is teriffic.. I always daid that the classsic palm looks like a person is squeezing oranges .but in Dans hands it is very deceptive
I stand corrected.. great job Dan perhaps you should put up ademo for all to see
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The demo can be acessed by going to http://www.coinvanish.com clicking the "Foundations" section, answering the easy password, and scrolling to the bottom of the Classic Palm Essay. I have a link there.

I decided to put it in a password protected page because it pretty much exposes the Classic Palm, and I thought it best not to do that in a public forum.

Good to know I am not an orange squeezer!
Click to visit:
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Dan,
Nice add to a already great site!
Thanks,
Mick
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mickey you are correct Mano can palm the coin off any flat surface it is called the Mano Lift,,,,,, it is a thing of beauty it looks like the coin just jumps
and is very difficult move ....... mano has this effect on my dvd La famiglia.....
If I have the effect on my file I will send it your way
vinny
Come check out my magic.

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

WOW, Thanks so much Godfather! Rannie said it is unbelievable!
Mick
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I do believe that Roth had magnets implanted in his hands thus facilitating a much easier classic palm! HAHAHA

Only kidding. For those that don't know David Stone has a really nice tutorial on the classic palm and how to build/strengthen the muscles in the hand required to do an effective classic palm.

Corey
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Not to mention David practices palming in different environments such as under water and in cold temps. The practice is what makes his so good.
Mobius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flat against the table. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL