The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon Raise the Dead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..14..25..36..47..57~58~59~60~61~62~63 [Next]
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 00:51, Jim-Callahan wrote:
I made a connection with Raymond Hill on live TV this Halloween.

It was real and if you don't think it is real I support your choice.

But I expect you to do the same.

Jim


Again, where are all the supporters of Jim's who claimed that he wasn't claiming to really communicate with the dead? Do they now agree that he is claiming to be a real medium?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 19:02, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 00:51, Jim-Callahan wrote:
I made a connection with Raymond Hill on live TV this Halloween.

It was real and if you don't think it is real I support your choice.

But I expect you to do the same.

Jim


Again, where are all the supporters of Jim's who claimed that he wasn't claiming to really communicate with the dead? Do they now agree that he is claiming to be a real medium?


Jim is playing his part, as were the others, do you think the show would benefit if Cri$$ offered the same challenge to every contestant? Hey maybe it would. Wait, it could be a whole new series. 'Pushing the Envelope' (working title).
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 18:57, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Phil first none of what you saw on stage was mine.
(Exept the vest and shirt)

Second Angel attacked becouse he could not expose.
Simple true fact.

He said he would expose and bust but he could not and did not.

As for the rest I did what I did becouse it was the best option for me at the time.

Jim


O.K., Jim, so the box wasn't yours (which I do not believe, but let's go ahead and take your word for that).

You still have avoided my question. Why did you make absolutely NO attempt to do what Criss asked? It was exactly the same thing you had just done. Don't you know that you could have shut him up BIG TIME? Of course you know that, you just couldn't do it. Neither could I, but then again I'm not the one claiming to be real here (as you just did AGAIN). There is no grey area here- you ARE claiming that what you do is real and you have confirmed that, on this forum, yourself. So, if what you do is real, again my question to you is why would it have been so hard to tell Criss what was in those envelopes? Easy million bucks if you could do it, but of course you have no more psychic abilities than anyone and no more ability to communicate with the dead than anyone. I am bothered that you claim otherwise which, again, makes you an outright LIAR. Care to respond with an honest answer this time?

Phil
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
I don't know if people can talk to the dead or not. I do know that I've felt like dead relatives were somehow closer after death and I know a lot of people have had the same experience. I'm certainly not so arrogant to believe I know for sure that nobody can receive messages from the dead. Or that nobody has psychic powers.

Criss Angel's comment about 911 was interesting because many people did in fact have premonitions about that event. I was one of them. For 2 days before the attack I dreamed of being in a plane that hit a tall building, showering down sparks. I felt the immediate need to share the dreams with my wife and others and had very specific details. Details like the buildings were extremely tall and seemed to be in New York. Also that it happened more than once. I was stunned to witness the event just a day later live on TV, just as I had seen it. Many people reported the same type of premonitions but what could be done? Who could have guessed that planes really would hit the towers?

Personally I doubt Jim is a real medium but he has every right to claim he is, and in my opinion he should in this venue. Also I'm not 100% sure he isn't somehow familiar with actual psychic phenomena since his Deja Vu experiment closely mirrors the experience I and many others have had with the 911, and other dreams. At any rate, it wouldn't be very entertaining if he started every bit with a disclaimer. I also doubt that Uri Geller has psychic abilities but I have no desire to see him admit to it.

I suspect that those who are threatened by such claims are fearful that they may be true. I will not close my mind to the idea that someone could have psychic ability simply because certain people who have claimed to do not. That is not a proof of anything. I had a friend who would tell girls he was a race car driver, when in fact he owned a magic shop. That doesn't prove race car drivers don't exist does it?

Unless you're personally defrauded by a predator psychic I think it's best not to worry about it. I've never known anyone who was. But I have met many people who have enjoyed consulting with psychics.

I will be tuning in this week to see what Jim does and hoping he sticks to his guns. If he does I will surely enjoy it.
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 21:15, Magic Spank wrote:
I suspect that those who are threatened by such claims are fearful that they may be true. I will not close my mind to the idea that someone could have psychic ability simply because certain people who have claimed to do not. That is not a proof of anything. I had a friend who would tell girls he was a race car driver, when in fact he owned a magic shop. That doesn't prove race car drivers don't exist does it?

Unless you're personally defrauded by a predator psychic I think it's best not to worry about it. I've never known anyone who was. But I have met many people who have enjoyed consulting with psychics.


I am not fearful that psychic abilities may be true. What does frighten me is that the general public, while very smart, is unfortunately not trained as magicians and can therefore be deceived by people such as Jim who claim to be real. Please understand, I'm all for someone presenting a great effect on stage. I love a good story as much as anyone. BUT- there is serious damage to be done when one fosters the belief that a trick is actually the real thing (as is the case here). As I said before, this fuels all the Sylvia Brownes and John Edwards's out there. Innocent, often vulnerable people are preyed upon and that is what I am fearful of.

As for proof that Race car drivers don't exist, well, maybe your friend wasn't one but a real one can easily be found. The same cannot be said for psychics. One million dollars is, most would agree, sufficient bait to draw a psychic out if one existed.

Jim, still waiting for your answer.

Phil
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Edited
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 21:15, Magic Spank wrote:
***
Criss Angel's comment about 911 was interesting because many people did in fact have premonitions about that event. I was one of them. For 2 days before the attack I dreamed of being in a plane that hit a tall building, showering down sparks. I felt the immediate need to share the dreams with my wife and others and had very specific details. Details like the buildings were extremely tall and seemed to be in New York. Also that it happened more than once. I was stunned to witness the event just a day later live on TV, just as I had seen it. Many people reported the same type of premonitions but what could be done? Who could have guessed that planes really would hit the towers?
***


According to Criss Angel's perverted thinking if YOU are a U.S. citizen, YOU are guilty of treason. What a crock of slander!
shane
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of shane
Phil, I posted this elsewhere but though you might enjoy reading it.

If it is possible to communicate with spirits who decides what the know and can do?

I mean is Criss was all alone when he stuffed his packages. It would be impossiblefor anyone, living or dead to know what was inside. If Raymond wasn't there when the envelopes where stuffed how could he know whats inside and be able to communicate it to Jim. Unless Raymond is a psychic spirit, But I do not believe that to be the claim.

I believe the selection process must happen with Raymond around so he can simply observe what is being sealed up and the let Jim know. Hows that for a great peeking method.

I believe that even the spirit world has certain laws of science.
Am I suppose to think that once you die and cross over you are all seeing all knowing and able to do feats that defy laws of science. Like predict 911 as Mr. Angel suggests.

I need some sceintist or skeptic to set me clear on what happens after you die. What are they rules? Where do you go? Do you know everything? Does gravity still effect you? Can you get cold and need a sweater? do you eat? do you urinate? Can you see through envelopes with x-ray vision much like Clark Kent?

I think Raymond maybe the trickster here using classic mentalism methods to get the info and the feeding them to Jim through spirit cummunication.

Phil, In your earlier post you said Its exactly the same thing. Do you really belive this is true?

To me these seem to be two completely different demonstrations. I can explain what makes them different but I think you already know.

I really look forward to reading your thoughts on this?


Shane
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
A lot of talk in this thread has been about Angel defending people against Charlatans and frauds and then here he is involved in a commercial that aired during the phenomenom show...

http://esp.astrology.com/
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 21:56, shane wrote:
Phil, I posted this elsewhere but though you might enjoy reading it.

If it is possible to communicate with spirits who decides what the know and can do?

I mean is Criss was all alone when he stuffed his packages. It would be impossiblefor anyone, living or dead to know what was inside. If Raymond wasn't there when the envelopes where stuffed how could he know whats inside and be able to communicate it to Jim. Unless Raymond is a psychic spirit, But I do not believe that to be the claim.

I believe the selection process must happen with Raymond around so he can simply observe what is being sealed up and the let Jim know. Hows that for a great peeking method.

I believe that even the spirit world has certain laws of science.
Am I suppose to think that once you die and cross over you are all seeing all knowing and able to do feats that defy laws of science. Like predict 911 as Mr. Angel suggests.

I need some sceintist or skeptic to set me clear on what happens after you die. What are they rules? Where do you go? Do you know everything? Does gravity still effect you? Can you get cold and need a sweater? do you eat? do you urinate? Can you see through envelopes with x-ray vision much like Clark Kent?

I think Raymond maybe the trickster here using classic mentalism methods to get the info and the feeding them to Jim through spirit cummunication.

Phil, In your earlier post you said Its exactly the same thing. Do you really belive this is true?

To me these seem to be two completely different demonstrations. I can explain what makes them different but I think you already know.

I really look forward to reading your thoughts on this?


Shane


You may have a valid point regarding laws of physics, etc. So, with that being the case, I am quite certain Criss would be willing to have "Raymond" summoned, then once that happens, go into a dark room all alone and prepare the envelopes while Raymond watches, then attempt to have Raymond feed the information to Jim. Not to sound excessively harsh, but this sounds like a technicality which Jim would kick himself for not thinking of first! Would Criss be willing to do things that way? I know I certainly would. Would that be the same test?

Phil
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 22:07, Silvertongue wrote:
A lot of talk in this thread has been about Angel defending people against Charlatans and frauds and then here he is involved in a commercial that aired during the phenomenom show...

http://esp.astrology.com/


Nice find, Silvertongue!

To make it clear to everyone, the webpage at the above link to Astrology.com has an iVillage header, and iVillage is a division of NBC Universal.

See also: http://tinyurl.com/3c2qka

Do you think Criss Angel would allow the use of his likeness on an astrology website without his authorization? The site also has tabs for psychic readings, predictions, numerology, etc.

Check out the live psychic readings - What a hypocrite CA is!

What a crock of B***S***!

Arnon
shane
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of shane
Phil,
I am a little worried about this "dark room". As you may or may not know Raymond wears glasses. It maybe hard for him to see in the dark room of which you speak. I think he may prefer a well lit room.

Also as I understand it, spirits by definition seem to be nothing more than energy. Criss's negative energy may make it difficult if not impossible for Raymond to do the things he needs to do to make this work.

Therefore we would need to have a unbiased person select the item to place in the box. Someone like Raven. So in make this experiment the same, we would only be repeating what has already been done.

If anyone can prove that what transpired that night was fraud I would be open to hearing it.

Expose Jim as a fake for what he has done, not for what he can not do.

Shane
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Ooooooooh this is all so juicy, man ,all this and the DC scandle... why, it's almost too much!

:)

What a great time to be a magician!

;)

Sooooo, as a "magician" one is supposed to convey the ability in one way or the other of the supernatural and being able to control or manipulate said forces outside of human understanding.

All the while making it original and entertaining.

Am I wrong about this?

Criss Angel now comes out and admits all he does is trcks and what not, why not, he has already made his millions...so far he has failed to admit to the use of camera tickery and the like which years before his time others of far more long standing names and titles strove hard in their ideas and routines to make sure the viewing audeince out in tv land saw what the theater audience saw.

And Why Not!?

Aren't we supposed to uphold the belief of magic?

Since when did it become alright to admit it's all just some tomfoolery!?

WTF!!!???
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
In 1998, illusionist Andre' Kole and I co-authored the book "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."

In the book we state the following:

"Andre' Kole has publicly announced that he will award $25,000 to any individual who will perform an act of true paranormal power in his presence, specifically, but not limited to, levitation or walking on water."

"Although specific rules would cover each individual's claim, we would simply ask the claimant to perform the specified phenomenon under our prescribed test conditions. All the claimant would have to do is demonstrate a genuime supernatural power similar to what Jesus exhibited in a controlled atmosphere from which the use of any psychological effects, trickery, or deception has been eliminated."

The reference to Jesus was used at that time because many "New Age" adherents were claiming that we are all gods and as such have a "Christ-consciousness" within us. If that is the case, we belive that someone, somewhere in the world, would be able to authentically duplicate some of the miracles of Christ without trickery or deception.

It has been almost 10 years since this challenge was published and no one has been able to win the award. Andre' has kept the award at a small sum so that people will believe it is a true challenge and payable if met. It is Andre's belief that it would be worth $25,000 to him to find someone with these abilities.

While touring Russia in 1993, one gentleman claimed he could astral project. A simple test was set up by placing a box-like cover on the man's head and writing a simple sentence ("Billy is a boy") on the opposite side of a blackboard that was just a few feet away. He was asked to project his "astral body" to the other side of the blackboard, read the sentence, bring the information back to his physical body, and then divulge the information to the committee in attendance. After several minutes the claimant shared what he believed to be the test sentence: "God loves us." Andre' returned to America with his 425,000.

Since then I have been told that it is next to impossible for the "astral body" to read, so this really wasn't a good test!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Wouldn't the astral body/MIND be more inclined to simple visualization?

Like dreaming sorta?
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17746 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I am exited to see what Jim does tomorrow!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
psychic madman
View Profile
New user
formerly Allentown, PA, now Upstate NY
19 Posts

Profile of psychic madman
The show is going to be great!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I didn't see the first episode but I saw the stuff those guys did on the second one (the fella's from the first one) and if that is the standard I'm sure he and the rest will do store bought tricks with little to no original thought.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Excuse me for squarely disagreeing with you, MagicSanta, but the majority of the effects on the Halloween night show were not store-bought, to my knowledge. Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Wayne Hoffman: The tatoo prediction of a yin yang symbol - NOT store-bought.

2. Angela Funovits: Knife Russian Roulette - looked custom made - NOT store-bought.

3. Guy Bavli: Stopping his heart - NOT store-bought.

4. Jan Bardi: Pendulum location of matchbook and # of matches - NOT store-bought.

5. Jim Callahan: "I hope you enjoyed the entertainment I provided for you this evening, and I hope it gives you something to remember for the rest of your lives."
- Have you seen Jim's Automatic Writing Remote Viewing in any store? - NOT store-bought.

6. Mike Super: Triple prediction plus kicker reveal - the first 3 predictions were store-bought, but the kicker was original as far as I know.

So all in all, only half of 1 of the 6 performances was store-bought.

Arnon
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 14:29, MagicSanta wrote:
I actually agreed with is assessment but it has nothing to do with a PhD in ethics, which by the way can get one a job at any number of fast food places. I'm not sure what the idea behind the show is but there isn't a whole lot of original thought in it.


ROFLOL. Not true, absolutely NOT true. There is an old saying, having a PhD means you know more and more about less and less. McDonalds won't hire people with advanced degrees because they'd have to retrain them to respond to the fry rinnger.

"Ding. Fries are done."

Sooo funny. I've not chimed in here much lately, but that one made me smile.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon Raise the Dead (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..14..25..36..47..57~58~59~60~61~62~63 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL