The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29~30~31 [Next]
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
Being new to the Magic Café, I apologize if this has been asked before (I did a search, and did not find anything).

In all your years of performing magic, what is the absolute worst illusion you have purchased? I mean all time stink-o, cheap,
misrepresented, terrible trick.

Hope it's not one I think is great! Smile
Ian_B
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Ian_B
Hmmm... I think most people would say Braco's Floating Ball or any of Expertmagic.com's products.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Yup! Expert Magic is terrible. I got Coin Matrix 2003...what a joke. Keep far away from these rip off artists! They are the reason a lot of us are hesitant with purchasing things via the internet.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2214 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Probably the next one!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
There is a similar thread in the archive.
Bernard Sim
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
I have to agree. I have been burned by Expertmagic.

I will have to put some major consideration on what would be worst trick ever. The problem is the hype. You get so hyped up for a trick and then you get it and think, "I can't believe I just spent that much money on this!!" Smile Just a few that come to mind are: Smash Repair, Ultra Smoke 2000, Totally Warped video.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I swear swear swear I didn't buy it. It was given to me... Switch-a-Roo...it was a piece o' junk. A piece of PVC piping and some fishing line. Gah!

My wife found it in the basement and asked if she could throw it out. I said yes.

Mirage wallet. Total garabage. Cheap cheap cheap. Badly made, over-priced junk. If my wife asks, I didn't pay for that either!

I usually stick to the basics like shells, gaffed cards and the occasional TT. Hard to get burned with those, unless you are talking about coins by Sasco. More junk.

Now videos and books, boy could I tell you about some dogs.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
The absolute worst effect I ever bought was off eBay. The seller had a good rating, but the effect was just downright awful. Add that to the fact that the shipping charges were extremely high and you've got my candidate for worst trick.

It was an appearing vase of flowers. There was no photograph which should have been my first tip off. It was just a drawing of a magician pulling this vase of flowers from underneath a cloth.

From a stage, it might look like you'd just produced a vase of flowers, but from anything less than 40 feet, it looked like you produced a half a vase with some flowers in serious need of a green thumb. Oh yeah... anyone sitting slightly off dead center was also going to know exactly what it was.

My final tip off was the fact that I emailed the seller and asked if I could pick it up personally (since she lived within 50 miles of me). Absolutely not. Of course, that meant she wouldn't be able to make a few extra bucks for the shipping.

Now whenever I see her listings on eBay, I don't care how cheap something is.... I run the other way.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I'll vote for Coin Matrix 2003! What was I thinking???
William Holcomb
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
552 Posts

Profile of debaser
I don't think I bought anything that was specifically horrific. But working in a magic shop I saw some of the worst magic ever.

So I'm sitting here thinking and I've blocked so much of it out my mind but:

anything with
spackle paint,
dragons,
mylar,
etc...
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of magichoka
I also vote for Coin Matrix 2003!
I was totally let down when I got it !!!!!!!!!!!
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Penomenon Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Whirlwind Floating Quarter... simply because the advertised description touted "no m****** or t******". I thought this an incredible feat after reading what the effect was, so I purchased it.

What did I get? A bit of t****d and a page of instructions detailing some rather basic t****d work. ARGH!

Leo Martin
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
An effect called The Creeps by Ben Harris. You get a matchbox and a rubberband. Worthless and I'm embarrassed I bought it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10707 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Reality Twister. This effect received so much hype for an optical illusion.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3006 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Just about everything I bought under the age of 20.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Coin Matrix 2003 is definitely the worst effect I have ever purchased. However, Melt and the Ellusionist videos are also pretty bad...
Daniel M. Carrico
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
"Bartenders Dream." I got this garbage off of E-bay. If you see it, it is not even worth the 15 bucks I paid for it. It is not worth the S&H. You could not pay me to use this trick!!!

Mat
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I didn't buy this one, but a buddy of mine did. It's called BarCode and it was the biggest waste of $10 that either of us had ever seen.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
It's Coin Matix 2003 for me, too. Sounds like I'm not the only one who wasted money on this, though.

Bill Beach
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL