The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15..18..21..24..27..29~30~31 [Next]
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Ash Felt by G. Bavali (peek at the spectator's card????)

Coin Matrix 2003
("oh don't worry about those, that's just some spare close up pad patches, just in case I burn it with my cigarette")

Mikame Zig Zag Can ("never mind the seven inch depth there, its just an ordinary wooden tri cut pop can holder") **snicker***
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17048 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2003-05-22 02:46, Shadow Dancer wrote:
The worst trick that i ever bought was Tony Clarks Ultra Safe Dove Harness. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK! When I put it on one of my doves the poor thing just about did a backflip and was having a spasm on the ground. It couldn't even stand up properly. And oh yes, it was put on correctly, so i tried it on one of my other doves-same result. Then finaly i went through my 4 doves and then decided to just shove the expensive peice of junk in a draw, where i haven't used it since.
Merry Christmas Tony Clark!

Sounds lide a Tannen item I bought in the 70's called Dove on Perch. When the balloon popped, the dove went sailing sideways, and the perch snapped in two. When I returned it, they glued the perch back together, and sent it back to me. Great service. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
59 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
Cardzilla!!! - really a piece of JUNK!
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
lol billy james
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

http://www.tiendamagia.com

Foro de magia en Castellano!

www.magiapotagia.com
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of tdowell
What ever happened to that awesome constuction in the "Penonmenon" trick. They just don't make precision machined magic like that any longer. Man, that one was so worth the $25 price. Anyone have the "Smoke from Fingertips" trick?????
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I got " the transformer" by Werry. It's TERRIBLE, just a cheap pull with a piece of plastic and sticky stuff at the end. It doesn't go up my sleeve without the coin or other object flying off. You have to hold onto the gimmick with your hand in a fist. JUNK.
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
I posted this before, but now it has disappeared...

Now U C It, Now U Don't. Totally impractical for anything but fooling yourself in the mirror, or those lined up single file directly in front of you. (Actually you can use it in table work, but it is nowhere near as good as the ad hype.) Worst part for me is that I already bought the same gimmick in 1978 from Ed Sparrow under a different name and didn't use it then either, and it cost 1/3 the price (but no video). Bought it from the ad without a video or in person demo or I would have known I already had it.
tr
Smile Smile
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
thimblerig ,

Now U C It, Now U Don't ??

A friend of mine show is and fools all the people all the time.

Well, that's how it goes, Some people hate it and some people love it.

:) Smile Smile
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Topsy,
Interesting that your friend uses it all the time - in what venue? Angles don't work well if you are surrounded, e.g. restaurant or street unless you are doing table work. It does kill one on one, (as in the mirror <S>) but it just seems so limited.
If you're not using it, is it just because it doesn't fit your style, or why?
tr
Smile
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
thimblerig ,

It is right that it cant be performed surrounded but you can overcome that.

You just need some big object right behind you so nobody can see from behind.

You can also show your hands empty from front and back.

I don't do it now coz I already had lots of fun with it.
taller
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of taller
A spinning card effect. Just never got it down to where I felt comfortable with it.
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Alida
Cosmosis
Zoom
Hoodwink

The guy just produces total and utter crap! But its nicely packaged :S

However, Gellerism Exposed isn't bad, but says more about Ben than it does Uri's methods!
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
"Cosmosis "...boy does that bring back memories! The full page ad promising a perfect close-up levitation...Then paying $50 some bucks plus the cost of an international money order...signing all kinds of secrecy agreement papers IF I should be CHOSEN to recieve it (only limited few were to ever be sold...). Then I find the item only rises less than a half inch, you must use cards...and then soon Tannens started selling the same thing for less than $10!

Back when I was about 8 years old, I'd save my allowance to buy some new miracle by mail. I was usually disappointed that the item wasn't a real miracle...but I was REALLY disillusioned when I bought the SAME gimmick several times in a row! I don't know how many items the catologue advertised with this gimmic as the "secret," but I must have bought over a half dozen hank pulls under the guise of being a "new" trick! And I think those little plastic "eggs" were made to amplify sound!
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
59 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
Even forgot "Time Will Tell".
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I love now-U-C-it-now-U-don't, it is very visual. You have to put some time into practicing the moves but I have fooled many people with it.
Dr. Bombay
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Dr. Bombay
I don't care for now-u-c-it. A good old retension vanish is better without having to have that special something on your hand.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Did anyone else fall for the "disappearing cell phone"? Two words: useless junk! It's a foam stress ball shaped like a terrible looking blue cell phone. I cannot believe I bought it. It's a great stress reliever though, I squish it all the time. Not once has any magic dripped out of it though.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Magnus
View Profile
New user
Brazil
52 Posts

Profile of Magnus
Coin Matrix 2003, for sure
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I have seen two people use Now U C It, Now U Don't at restaurants for a coin routine. The angles may be bad, but it can work. A good old retention is nowhere near as impossible looking as this. I don't think it is fair to say it is a bad gimmick because it does have its place. You could do this in parlor or close-up show situations.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I have used the Now U See It gimmick as an opener for a misers dream routine. Both hands are held wide open and shown on both sides. Then the first coin appears, and disappears just as convincingly. This is about as magical as you can get. By using both hands together you can achieve pretty good angle coverage. I would use the gimmick sparingly as part of a coin routine and not as a one time effect. This is one of those sleeper items that I'm happy more people are either unaware of or think it's too difficult to pull off correctly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Worst Trick You Have Purchased (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15..18..21..24..27..29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL